Remove Advertisements

picking up the trash

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby DJSticky » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:48 am

rozakk wrote:the best part is how i get to come in for every trash wave in hyjal but then sit out for archimonde since prot paladin is useless that fight.

People always say this... Do you not have healing gear?
DJSticky

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:54 am

Healing is not "being useful", is just wasting a raid slot that might be used by a real healer.

Being useful is not have to respec-change gear and role.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Atreidies » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:22 pm

Worldie wrote:Healing is not "being useful", is just wasting a raid slot that might be used by a real healer.

Being useful is not have to respec-change gear and role.

Not really sure I'd have anyone as a tank in my guild with an attitude like that. If you're not willing to do what's necessary, to get the gear you need because of a 1-tank encounter or to beat the new boss well... You probably shouldn't be there.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Parishna » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:34 pm

I caught up with.. and even passed one of the other healers with my healing after the last wave on the boss.... man up and heal stuff!

I even had on my non-prot healing gear... (ie the stuff with alot of spell crit.. so.. mana was a wee bit tighter then it needed to be)
Parishna

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:31 pm

What's the point in stealing 100g from gbank to respec for archimonde when i can get some real DPS in instead of a waste of raidslot?

Respeccing is NOT necessary. Being substituted IS necessary.

I don't like fights where i'm just wasting space, i told our RL to not take me to Archimonde. I went there today as retri and i just wished they subbed me after Azgalor, they might have killed him with a real DPS or healer instead.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:30 pm

Worldie wrote:What's the point in stealing 100g from gbank to respec for archimonde when i can get some real DPS in instead of a waste of raidslot?

I don't like fights where i'm just wasting space, i told our RL to not take me to Archimonde. I went there today as retri and i just wished they subbed me after Azgalor, they might have killed him with a real DPS or healer instead.

It all depends on how good your offspec gear is though, I healed on our first kill, and won the e-peenmeters, it's actually less annoying then tanking him, I have a constant feeling of impending doom then for some reason :P
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Cakes » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:12 pm

enbee wrote:
Worldie wrote:What's the point in stealing 100g from gbank to respec for archimonde when i can get some real DPS in instead of a waste of raidslot?

It all depends on how good your offspec gear is though, I healed on our first kill, and won the e-peenmeters, it's actually less annoying then tanking him, I have a constant feeling of impending doom then for some reason :P

It's because you're surrounded by doomfire and all you have to look at is giant eredar crotch. It's even worse if you actually listen to his voice.
Cakes

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:51 pm

enbee wrote:It all depends on how good your offspec gear is though, I healed on our first kill, and won the e-peenmeters, it's actually less annoying then tanking him, I have a constant feeling of impending doom then for some reason :P

I ended up 8th today, right after other melee DPS and a bit over the tank. My DPS gear consists in random epics from kara/za and heroics, same healing gear. Aka completely fails compared to t5-t6 geared people.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mouse » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:55 pm

isnt there an archimonde thread for all this pally MT discussion?
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:59 pm

We aint discussing of tanking it :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Atreidies » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:51 pm

I didn't specifically mean healing, and with decent healing gear you SHOULD be able to put out an acceptable amount of healing, if you are even within sight of the top 10 dps as Prot spec then you probably have the shittiest guild dps I have ever heard of, that's not an opinion, you're either lying through your teeth or your dps suck absolute balls and you need to find a better guild.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:51 am

Be less of an ass please.
QuantumDelta

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:58 am

Atreidies wrote:

I didn't specifically mean healing, and with decent healing gear you SHOULD be able to put out an acceptable amount of healing, if you are even within sight of the top 10 dps as Prot spec then you probably have the shittiest guild dps I have ever heard of, that's not an opinion, you're either lying through your teeth or your dps suck absolute balls and you need to find a better guild.

I was forced to spec retri to stay in the fight cause we didn't have anyone to substitute me, while i specifically asked to be subbed on that fight.
Healing as paladin sucks on that fight, cause you must spotheal and you have to run for 70% of the time, and we had anyway enough healers.

But that's not the point.

The complaint is that we actually have to respec/change gear/change role in order to have a minimum use in that fight and not be just wasting a raid slot. Or you are pretending to say we should stay in prot spec-gear there and be more useful?
And, having to change role/spec/gear is not being useful. It's not like on Najetus, where i go healing because there's no reason to add another melee in the range and it's anyway a healing intensive fight, but we CAN tank it if we want to. On Archimonde, a prot paladin is actually wasting a raidslot, pretty much like any additional prot warrior.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:22 am

My healing gear is good enough so that i can cast flash heals the entire fight, usually I end up 2/3 of the healing a normal holy paladin does at the same fight.

This week we cleared MH without a Warrior tank, me and a Druid tank did everything, with me on Archimonde.
Afraithe

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:59 am

Afraithe wrote:My healing gear is good enough so that i can cast flash heals the entire fight, usually I end up 2/3 of the healing a normal holy paladin does at the same fight.

This week we cleared MH without a Warrior tank, me and a Druid tank did everything, with me on Archimonde.

Druids make archi breezey :<
QuantumDelta

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal