Heroic BM - Do I need to do things differently?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic BM - Do I need to do things differently?

Postby Sparti » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:58 pm

I had my first go at heroic BM last night, and I did it in the usual way for normal ; Tank all the adds + the boss. It was working fine until we got to the second set of waves /w the executioners, and then my HP just started falling faster and faster, until finally I took a death, the priest died afterwards and we ended up getting double waves and wiping. Is BM on heroic supposed to be done differently? or is it just going to take practice to get used to the higher damage output/hp of mobs?

Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Re: Heroic BM - Do I need to do things differently?

Postby fudomyou » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:10 pm

Did you actually have dps dedicated to killing the executioners? We had a rogue on adds when I was doing heroic BM for the first time, and as long as those executioners died in a reasonable time frame, we did fine.

Another thing to note is that Temporus hits so hard, you'll want to play matador with the adds on him. When I do BM heroic, everyone concentrates on Temporus, and I don't grab ANY adds (charges of holy shield used up on trash = bad). Then, when Temporus is done, you immediately run back and throw out a beacon.

I like BM heroic, beacons are actually important :)
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

BM

Postby Frank » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:56 am

The thing I do everytime in there is to tell my group to ignore all adds and kill the Rift Lords first. My consecration will aggro all the adds and I can endure the beating no problem. The key point is that the shorter time the Rift Lord lives the fewer adds that are spawned and need to be killes. This will help immensely in your effort to make to the next portal.

We do this in evry boss and rift lord. We use beacons if we're getting overwhelmed.
Frank

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics