Remove Advertisements

romeo & julianne Aoe ?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

romeo & julianne Aoe ?

Postby kvark » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:37 am

Any issues regarding tanking both ?
kvark

Postby adese » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:40 am

I've only tried this once. For some reason, I had a hard time picking up both of them in Phase 3 - I wasn't able to figure out why. I tried AoE before they came up, Judge/Exorcism both, etc. What finally worked was for me to concentrate more on Romeo, and try to use AoE to pick up Juliane. We were able to make it through, though.
adese

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:02 am

We build aggro "juliet" kinda slow, other than that it is pretty straightforward.

Back before they nerfed them it would have been a little crazy, but now, not so much.

Btw, I use the SoV stack method to pick "romeo" back up... but they are getting rid of that in the next patch (to make it easier for warriors/druids who deal with dumb dps that leaves dots on him).
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Postby dragontongue » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:06 am

do this every week when we do see romulo and julliane i try and kill them both in the exact same spot and have consecrate going when phase 3 starts have judgment for julliane and exorcism for romulo usually after about 3, 4 seconds have enough agro for dps to go nuts without too much issue.
dragontongue

Postby Prepared » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:26 pm

I try to kill them on top of one another, drop a consecrate a couple of seconds after Romulo goes down, and then take a couple of steps back and get ready to toss my shield, then Judge/Excorcise as needed. Julianne gets burned to low % first, with a rogue or mage staying on for interrupts, and everyone else burns down Romulo.
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Cimzar » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:45 pm

It's been awhile since we got R&J, but I don't remember Julianne putting out much damage. Just have the rogue/warrior interrupting her tank her and focus on Romulo.
<3 Bram
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Cimzar

Postby Darus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:03 am

Fully doable and easily done :)
Darus

Postby Annabelle » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:22 pm

Can be done, I did it on accident. We had wiped with me tanking Rom because of the daring and I couldn't disarm him like the warrior could. So we decided that I would tank Jul and he would get Rom. I'm tanking J then R pops up into my consecrate, I keep up my rotation not noticing that he's on me right away. The warrior says in vent 'I thought we decided I was gonna tank him ?' I told him 'Good luck pulling him off me, just disarm him and everyone healing me' I did get close to dying several times but we kiled them both and it was easy for melee dps to switch targets since they were next to each other. The warrior tells me 'don't use consecrate' I say 'OK, don't use shield bash' he chuckled, I think he got the idea that it's one of my threat generators.
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby Invisusira » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7vJpiyLZk

Just be ready to judge one and exorcism the other when they both pop; don't trust your concecrate to pick them up.
Invisusira

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:39 pm

Invisusira wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7vJpiyLZk

Just be ready to judge one and exorcism the other when they both pop; don't trust your concecrate to pick them up.

Romeo has a tendancy to dash off into the raid before he's fully warped in; exorcise works nicely.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Korath » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:46 am

I did this once by accident, I was on one side of the room with julianne and romelo just ran at me soon as he spawned. Druid couldnt get him off me so did it that way. Guild still in the mind set we need 2 tanks for it, wont be long tho!

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby Fedaykin98 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:53 am

Yeah, I did this one on accident this week, I posted it in the "accomplishments" thread in General. Short version: other tank died, I pick up Romulo, we win.

One funny thing is that they were so right on top of each other that people in the raid were asking where Julianne was. "They're in the same space! Tab-target!" was my response.

...then people had a hard time finding them both to loot (have to loot both for badges and purps, of course) because the bodies were right on top of each other.
Fedaykin98

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:04 am

The last time i did it the warrior was happily spamming Sweeping Strikes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: romeo & julianne Aoe ?

Postby lusisia » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:16 am

kvark wrote:Any issues regarding tanking both ?

I did it last night on our first all guild run. It was interesting to say the least because we didn't have the typical group make up:

Single tank (me)
Holy Pally
2 spriests
Elem. shammie
2 BM hunters
holy priest
2 mages

Our guild is small and that's what we had keyed. It was "interesting" to say the least. Basically she DID get heals off every now and then. In the end myself and the two hunters were dead but we oneshot it. First time we had seen the event too. It's entirely possible and I would expect that, with someone on disarm duty and some more reliable interrupts it would have been a 0 death kill.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelemvor » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:54 am

The only problem you could have would be that Juliet really doesn't hit that much melee. So agro generation on her might be a little difficult. If you can keep her, Romulo practically builds your agro for you.
Kelemvor

Next

Return to Karazhan