Remove Advertisements

Poll: CS or HoTH?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

I want to know which skill are you using for single target.

Crusader Strike
84%
Hammer of the Righteous
16%

Total votes : 38

Poll: CS or HoTH?

Postby bomberaloca » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:58 pm

I want to know which skill are you using for single target.

Regards
bomberaloca

Re: Pool CS or HoTH?

Postby blakk » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Crusader Strike because they're going to make it the single target ability so might as well get used to it.
blakk

Postby Arcand » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:49 am

Same. Not that it'd be terribly hard to adjust when the buff goes in...but still.
Arcand

Postby Otuel » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 am

Yep. My muscle memory sometimes reverts back to old habits so I need to pound the right movements now when the content isn't quite so dangerous. Good training is more important to me right now than the gain I would get from bad balancing.

-Ot
Otuel / Protection / Earthen Ring (US)
Otuel

Postby cerwillis » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:59 pm

I voted HotR because right now I have the 2pce and glyph so it really doesn't matter, but in reality I switch to CS when I am paying full attention.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Re: Poll: CS or HoTH?

Postby theckhd » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:27 pm

CS is already better than HotR for single targets. The glyph and 2-piece are both crap right now, they only affect the melee portion and not the holy AoE portion.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby edsdame » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:59 am

CS. Hard enough to learn the new abilities and rotation, I don't want to make it more difficult to have to learn them twice.
edsdame

Postby Anubelle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:39 am

Hmm, can't verify that at the moment, but doesn't CS crit for x2 and HotR for x1.5?
Anubelle

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:47 am

I'm confused... why is this even a question?

You're basically asking "Do you use your weaker aoe ability on single target instead of using your harder hitting single target move?"

Really not following the logic here.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Anubelle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:53 am

Someone posted above that with the 2pc T10 bonus they're somewhat close on damage. I guess if they're close enough it might make sense to use HotR in cleave situations even when you want to (almost) maximize your single-target TPS.

I don't think this is the case though, I seem to remember HotR critting for 4K on and CS critting for 6K on a dummy earlier today when I was in PvP gear.
Anubelle

Postby cerwillis » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:05 am

I should qualify my answer, as it's not like I don't have CS on my bar. I do in fact switch to CS for single target, so I would change my vote if I could. Theck's info that the glyph and 2pce set only affect the melee damage is new to me, but I would assume accurate, so I will adjust my set accordingly. I would also encourage everyone new here to take Theck's advice and not mine.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Strendarr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Set course for the HOTH system! (nice typo)

Anyhow I do believe its quite possible for HotR to hit harder single target if someone is wearing significantly higher ilvl gear than the weapon they happen to have. That'd dissapear as soon as their weapon upgraded. For a little while that was the case for me, I had 251/264 tanking gear but only 232 titanguard for a weapon. I spent a while farming the Relentless Gladiator's Slicer and now all is right in the world again, CS hits harder single target.
Strendarr

Postby d503 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Strendarr wrote:Set course for the HOTH system! (nice typo)

Anyhow I do believe its quite possible for HotR to hit harder single target if someone is wearing significantly higher ilvl gear than the weapon they happen to have. That'd dissapear as soon as their weapon upgraded. For a little while that was the case for me, I had 251/264 tanking gear but only 232 titanguard for a weapon. I spent a while farming the Relentless Gladiator's Slicer and now all is right in the world again, CS hits harder single target.

Covered in TheckHD's Theorycraft post: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... ic#p619538

CS > HotR on single-target, and also should be glyphed for max threat output.../thread.
d503

Postby Koatanga » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:41 pm

With regard to the threat generated by these abilities and how they uinteract with Righteous Fury, has anyone been able to confirm that the threat from the physical damage of the attack scales the same as the threat from holy damage portion of HotR?

In the old days, RF only worked on Holy damage, which is why it was a 90% increase instead of being in line with warrior and bear threat modifiers. The tooltip on FR implies it is now an increase on all damage we do, but I am not convinced that is the case.

It seems to me that my threat is better when using HotR than it is with CS even though CS does more damage. This makes me wonder if the RF factor is still only on Holy damage.
Koatanga, Capnhammer, Shapely, Sultry, Boondoggle, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby d503 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Koatanga wrote:With regard to the threat generated by these abilities and how they uinteract with Righteous Fury, has anyone been able to confirm that the threat from the physical damage of the attack scales the same as the threat from holy damage portion of HotR?

In the old days, RF only worked on Holy damage, which is why it was a 90% increase instead of being in line with warrior and bear threat modifiers. The tooltip on FR implies it is now an increase on all damage we do, but I am not convinced that is the case.

It seems to me that my threat is better when using HotR than it is with CS even though CS does more damage. This makes me wonder if the RF factor is still only on Holy damage.

Holy Damage is no longer relevant or a factor in Righteous Fury threat generation. You, as a tank, simply generate 300% threat of the damage you do when RF is active.
d503

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents