Cataclysm Beta - Build 13242

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Cataclysm Beta - Build 13242

Postby AriKT » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Holy

* Holy Radiance 20 yards range added to the tooltip.
* Light of Dawn now uses Holy Power instead of Mana. Now heals up to 5 targets. No longer has a cooldown - Consumes all Holy Power to send a wave of healing energy before you, healing up to 5 of the most injured targets in your party or raid within a 30 yard frontal cone for 1008.96 to 1124.15 per charge of Holy Power.
* Blessed Life now cannot occur more than 8 seconds (up from 2 seconds).
* Protector of the Innocent now affects heals on any target except yourself.
* Shield of the Templar now reduces the cooldown of Guardian of Ancient Kings by 45/80/120 sec, down from 1/2/3 min.
* Holy Shield now increases the amount your shield blocks by an additional 10% for 20 sec instead of increasing your block chance by 15%.

Retribution

* Sanctity of Battle now also affects Divine Storm.
* Divine Storm no longer uses Holy Power. Now deals 60% weapon damage, costs 5% of base mana, and has a 4.5 sec cooldown.

Protection

* Mastery: Divine Bulwark now increases your chance to block melee attacks by 18%, down from 24%. Each point of Mastery increases block chance by an additional 2.25%, down from 3%.
AriKT

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13242

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Looks like this build implemented their weapon damage ability scaling with all of those reductions.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby AriKT » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Flex wrote:Looks like this build implemented their weapon damage ability scaling with all of those reductions.

Weapon damage ability scaling? Can you elaborate more on that comment?

Also, looks like they made PotI totally useless for Prot.
AriKT

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Ah, that makes sense. MMO-Champion is datamining the new low-level damage instead of level 85 values.

AriKT - there was a recent blue post saying they were going to fix low level damage by making weapon attacks scale with level. Specific example they gave was Sinister Strike beginning at 42% weapon damage and rising to the current value at a high level.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:12 pm

This series of posts and changes like:

Mangle (Cat Form) now deals 184% normal damage, down from 360%.
Mangle (Bear Form) now deals 95% normal damage, down from 230%.

Steady Shot now deals 62% weapon damage, down from 100%.
Arcane Shot now deals 61% weapon damage, down from 100%.

Backstab now deals 111% weapon damage, down from 200%.
Sinister Strike now deals 42% weapon damage, down from 100%.

AriKT wrote:Also, looks like they made PotI totally useless for Prot.

Well Holy PvP is ridonkulous currently due to Blessed Life, PotI and WoG so it is a change I support.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby AriKT » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Ok, TY. i missed that post about the scaling with levels stuff. As for PotI, why would you support another T1 talent being made useless to Prot? They could have at least made it still somewhat useable. Like make it so you can only benefit from this effect on self heals once per 6 seconds or something. With that change, most Tankadins will just be 0/31/10.
AriKT

Postby d503 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:29 pm

AriKT wrote:Ok, TY. i missed that post about the scaling with levels stuff. As for PotI, why would you support another T1 talent being made useless to Prot? They could have at least made it still somewhat useable. Like make it so you can only benefit from this effect on self heals once per 6 seconds or something. With that change, most Tankadins will just be 0/31/10.

It's a necessary balance change for PVP, so I'm for it. Holy Paladins, and WoG-Prots are almost impossible to kill because they can heal so much. As Prot, I can potentially heal 25k back to back, with a good string of crits and Eternal Glory.

Broken talent was broken, and is now fixed, imo.
d503

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:34 pm

AriKT wrote:Also, looks like they made PotI totally useless for Prot.

Which is a good thing IMO.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby steadypal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 pm

yikes, they lowered prots mastery quite a bit now, with no more 15% br from holy shield, and now they reverted the mastery from 24 back to 18,,, yoinks, bye bye block capping anytime soon lol, also for warriors

#
# Shield Block (Passive) now increases your chance to block by 25%, down from 100%. In addition, if your total chance to block or avoid an attack exceeds 100%, your chance to critically block is increased by the excess.

says passive? that a typo? or will they have 15 from sentinal, 5 from base, the 12 from mastery, and now 25% passive?

so fresh out of the gate with no reforging mastery they start out at 57% block while we start at hrm, 23%?
steadypal

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Yep, paladins have a whooping 5% block chance from lvl 10 thru lvl 79, whereas warriors have 20% block chance at lvl 10 and up to 45% at lvl 28.

GC said we shouldnt worry, but I still bet it's going to make it harder for prot paladins to level thru dungeons.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pm

steadypal wrote:yikes, they lowered prots mastery quite a bit now, with no more 15% br from holy shield, and now they reverted the mastery from 24 back to 18,,, yoinks, bye bye block capping anytime soon lol, also for warriors

I enjoy how you comment on stuff that you've already discussed like it is amazing new information. And I'm sure the Shield Block think is a typo or misinterpretation.
Flex

Postby steadypal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:52 pm

i knew they lowered the 3% down to 2.25%, and the change to holy shield, but i did not know they reverted the 24% back to 18%, stop trolling me flex...
steadypal

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:56 pm

steadypal wrote:i knew they lowered the 3% down to 2.25%, and the change to holy shield, but i did not know they reverted the 24% back to 18%, stop trolling me flex...

They didn't "revert" the 24% to 18%.

Mastery at level 80 grants you a free 8 mastery skill. 8*3%=24% becomes 8*2.25%=18%

This was also discussed in the previous thread that you participated in.
Flex

Postby d503 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:08 pm

steadypal wrote:so fresh out of the gate with no reforging mastery they start out at 57% block while we start at hrm, 23%?

Let's not turn this into another Paladin vs. Warrior QQ thread, please. That one exists in the first topic where we discussed this change that was announced last week.

Klaudandus wrote:Yep, paladins have a whooping 5% block chance from lvl 10 thru lvl 79, whereas warriors have 20% block chance at lvl 10 and up to 45% at lvl 28.

GC said we shouldnt worry, but I still bet it's going to make it harder for prot paladins to level thru dungeons.

The problem is that people are sensationalizing something that effects a minute portion of the population. The increase in damage intake will likely be both negligible, and unnoticed by someone who doesn't even have all the tools necessary to play the class...dead horse is dead.
d503

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Eh, PotI was at least predictable. EG is the problem, obviously. RNG of that magnitude, especially in PvP, is broken no matter what else is involved. At least PotI is predictable. Without EG we have an entirely known rate of self healing. Of course, alternating generator/WoG with PotI gave what, 8k heals every 3 seconds, maybe more? Not bad for "free", though it drops our dps in the toilet. That part seemed reasonable to me. Giving us the chance to keep gaining more combo points via EG procs while healing is an issue... self-heal for 8k, 12k, and then ShoR a full 3-stack, and that's a horrible balance of big self healing and big hits.

I see vengeance is still wreaking havoc across the board, too. I'm getting more and more upset about the unbalanceable situation they've designed themselves into by swinging tank damage by more than 3x between target dummy and raid bosses. I want like +30% dps from tanking a boss, not +300%. The rest should just be always-on "tank stats" scaling so they can balance tank damage against both 5man and raid content at the same time.

Give me 5% of health as AP as health all the time, or make vengeance 3% of health with 20% of damage taken increases or something that's reliable... sigh, too much QQ not enough anything else.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Next

Return to Cataclysm