Remove Advertisements

10-man raid makeup @ 85

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 10-man raid makeup @ 85

Postby knaughty » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Synthesis wrote:No Mage to consider?

No one applied - recruitment pool is tiny: Only current and "ex raiders in good standing" from a guild that has run a 35-40 person roster since 2.0, who can raid one day a week with almost perfect attendance, but can't raid 3-4 days a week.

Recruitment pool is basically core raiders who had kids / graduated / got a job / moved back to the US and only want to get up at 3 AM one day a week.

I have one person who has a mage alt she's never raided on, who has offered. Haven't decided what to do about that yet.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Re: 10-man raid makeup @ 85

Postby warden » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:16 am

I'll share some thoughts on our team; we were looking forward to very serious progression raiding come cata, so it is a pretty stacked team. For reference, we're 10-man only, and running a raiding roster of 14 people.

Mainspec/Offspec
bear/cat druid
prot/fury war
ret/prot pal
enh/ele sham
disc/holy/shadow priest
holy/shadow/disc priest
holy/ret pal
balance/resto druid
rogue
mage
hunter
lock
lock

The double-priest setup was not deliberately picked, but a clear case of "bring the player, not the class", as both priests are overwhelmingly superior players to any other healers considered. All of the "pure dps" classes obviously play any of their three talent trees extremely well. Auditions for apps that made it that far were conducted on LK10H, pre-4.01 if they weren't one of the 7 or 8 founding members.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Cataclysm