Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:15 am

I was under the impression that our "signature move" as Paladin tanks was the ability to wiggle our fingers about while tanking.
Image
The Seeker.
User avatar
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 4529
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 8:53 am
Location: Malorne

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Malthrax » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:22 am

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I was under the impression that our "signature move" as Paladin tanks was the ability to wiggle our fingers about while tanking.


I s'pose you could say that bubblehearth was our signature move, but that required two separate abilities, and no longer exists :cry:
User avatar
Malthrax
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:23 am

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 am

Malthrax wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I was under the impression that our "signature move" as Paladin tanks was the ability to wiggle our fingers about while tanking.


I s'pose you could say that bubblehearth was our signature move, but that required two separate abilities, and no longer exists :cry:


Bubblehearth ret paladins, I feed on their tears.

We actually have a rule in our guild that if someone from the guild is caught doing the bubblehearth, he gets gkicked. All this came from one time one of the recruit tanks was being yanked for the night by his mom so decided it would be fun way to call it a night for him so he aggroed a boss then bubblehearthed.

Now my guild is wary accepting anyone younger than 18 and frowns upon bubblehearthing.
Last edited by Klaudandus on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11169
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:31 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Malthrax wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I was under the impression that our "signature move" as Paladin tanks was the ability to wiggle our fingers about while tanking.


I s'pose you could say that bubblehearth was our signature move, but that required two separate abilities, and no longer exists :cry:


Bubblehearth ret paladins, I feed on their tears.


then I must be like some sort of banquet because I am still crying about that.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10475
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:33 am

Meh. I never liked bubblehearthing paladins, it gave other paladins a bad name.

And like I said, my guild frowns upon that as well.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11169
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 am

Klaudandus wrote:Meh. I never liked bubblehearthing paladins, it gave other paladins a bad name.

And like I said, my guild frowns upon that as well.


Yeah I really don't get why you all had a complex about that...

Hell, I could say the same about Paladins who don't bubblehearth. In my opinion it was our right as Paladins to be able to tell retarded camping Horde masses to fuck off.

Then again I play on a Horde dominated PVP server so that might be different from your experience.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10475
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 am

Klaudandus wrote:We actually have a rule in our guild that if someone from the guild is caught doing the bubblehearth, he gets gkicked. All this came from one time one of the recruit tanks was being yanked for the night by his mom so decided it would be fun way to call it a night for him so he aggroed a boss then bubblehearthed.


Ok this is clearly terrible, but has nothing to do with the merits of bubblehearthing.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10475
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:39 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Meh. I never liked bubblehearthing paladins, it gave other paladins a bad name.

And like I said, my guild frowns upon that as well.


Yeah I really don't get why you all had a complex about that...

Hell, I could say the same about Paladins who don't bubblehearth. In my opinion it was our right as Paladins to be able to tell retarded camping Horde masses to fuck off.

Then again I play on a Horde dominated PVP server so that might be different from your experience.


Simple. The official forums.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11169
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Korola » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Meh. I never liked bubblehearthing paladins, it gave other paladins a bad name.

And like I said, my guild frowns upon that as well.


Yeah I really don't get why you all had a complex about that...

Hell, I could say the same about Paladins who don't bubblehearth. In my opinion it was our right as Paladins to be able to tell retarded camping Horde masses to fuck off.

Then again I play on a Horde dominated PVP server so that might be different from your experience.


Until dispel magic or a magical warrior hammer told you you couldn't. I hated that much more.
Image
User avatar
Korola
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 am

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 am

Korola wrote:Until dispel magic or a magical warrior hammer told you you couldn't. I hated that much more.


There's hardly anything better than seeing a paladin panicking after someone bursts their bubble with a well placed dispel/shattering throw.

And I'm a paladin.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11169
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Korola » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Korola wrote:Until dispel magic or a magical warrior hammer told you you couldn't. I hated that much more.


There's hardly anything better than seeing a paladin panicking after someone bursts their bubble with a well placed dispel/shattering throw.

And I'm a paladin.


I think my guild should kick you for breaking said magical bubble.
Image
User avatar
Korola
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 am

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:03 am

Image
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11169
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Korola » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:13 am

Cowdog would like to have a chat with you about sadness.


Image
Image
User avatar
Korola
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:57 am

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Shathus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:14 am

Son of a... apparently even the Argent Knight was unable to escape the Bubblehearth nerf. At least according to the comments at the end. I hadn't tried with mine.
Shathus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:43 am

Korola wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:
Korola wrote:Until dispel magic or a magical warrior hammer told you you couldn't. I hated that much more.


There's hardly anything better than seeing a paladin panicking after someone bursts their bubble with a well placed dispel/shattering throw.

And I'm a paladin.


I think my guild should kick you for breaking said magical bubble.


yeah I agree. The ability to dispel Divine Shield was the worst thing that has ever happened to the paladin class until 4.0 when they took away bubblehearthing.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10475
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Previous

Return to Cataclysm

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest