Remove Advertisements

How long to level Archeology?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: How long to level Archeology?

Postby Shamora » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Shamora wrote:So herbalism and mining give XP, but does skinning? My gut tells me no, but I figured I'd check before making the assumption.

skinning does not

Thanks, looks like I'll be running Herb/Mine for all my new Worgen then. Good thing we have dual track now.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Kelaan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Shamora wrote:looks like I'll be running Herb/Mine for all my new Worgen then. Good thing we have dual track now.

We can track both herbs and ore?? Holy cow.
Kelaan

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:29 pm

yes. multi-tracking is fun.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Chicken » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:43 am

Kelaan wrote:
Shamora wrote:looks like I'll be running Herb/Mine for all my new Worgen then. Good thing we have dual track now.

We can track both herbs and ore?? Holy cow.
You can in fact track as much as you want at once. If you never want to see anything on your minimap again, play a hunter and turn every type of tracking you have on.
Chicken

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:22 am

Shamora wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Shamora wrote:So herbalism and mining give XP, but does skinning? My gut tells me no, but I figured I'd check before making the assumption.

skinning does not

Thanks, looks like I'll be running Herb/Mine for all my new Worgen then. Good thing we have dual track now.

We don't get XP from skinning because, well, you presumably killed the mob to skin it.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:27 am

Flex wrote:
Shamora wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
skinning does not

We don't get XP from skinning because, well, you presumably killed the mob to skin it.

Killing a mob your level compared to picking a herb your level doesn't even come close to adding up. My level 60 warrior is getting roughly ~1200 xp per herb picked of appropriate level. Whereas she's only getting ~340 xp per mob killed. (This is with two piece heirloom and no rested.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby katraya » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 am

I wish I had thought about the gathering xp before I made my baby priest tailoring/enchanting.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:53 am

Nikachelle wrote:Killing a mob your level compared to picking a herb your level doesn't even come close to adding up. My level 60 warrior is getting roughly ~1200 xp per herb picked of appropriate level. Whereas she's only getting ~340 xp per mob killed. (This is with two piece heirloom and no rested.)

How many mobs can you kill inbetween finding herbs to pick?

On my level 63 mage a Felweed gives me 30 XP and a Dreaming Glory gets me 1100 XP.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Korola » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 am

If you could find clusters of herbs and aoe them down, I am certain the xp would go down.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Flex wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Killing a mob your level compared to picking a herb your level doesn't even come close to adding up. My level 60 warrior is getting roughly ~1200 xp per herb picked of appropriate level. Whereas she's only getting ~340 xp per mob killed. (This is with two piece heirloom and no rested.)

On my level 63 mage a Felweed gives me 30 XP and a Dreaming Glory gets me 1100 XP.

ah but what is your Herbalism skill? I have a feeling the xp is more relative to the herb's con vs your skill (e.g. green, yellow, orange) and not as much your level if there's such a huge difference.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Flex wrote:

ah but what is your Herbalism skill? I have a feeling the xp is more relative to the herb's con vs your skill (e.g. green, yellow, orange) and not as much your level if there's such a huge difference.

The Dreamfoil and Golden Samsan (green skill) were giving me 800-900 XP while Felweed (Green skill) was giving me 30. Dreaming Glory (Orange/Yellow Skill) was 1100.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:17 pm

Flex wrote:The Dreamfoil and Golden Samsan (green skill) were giving me 800-900 XP while Felweed (Green skill) was giving me 30. Dreaming Glory (Orange/Yellow Skill) was 1100.

Hm. Maybe Felweed is just undervalued due to how common it is? Weird.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Flex wrote:The Dreamfoil and Golden Samsan (green skill) were giving me 800-900 XP while Felweed (Green skill) was giving me 30. Dreaming Glory (Orange/Yellow Skill) was 1100.

Hm. Maybe Felweed is just undervalued due to how common it is? Weird.

I hit the 320s while still in Azeroth and got to 350+ last night. I'll see if I can get screenshots showing the difference. I also noticed this oddity in XP gains while leveling and couldn't figure out what was going on, almost like the XP was also tied to your level vs the zone.
Flex

Postby Malthrax » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Korola wrote:If you could find clusters of herbs and aoe them down, I am certain the xp would go down.

Seals of the Herbalist: Your Pick Herbs ability now picks up to 3 additional nodes in melee range.
Malthrax

Postby Palisade » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:43 pm

My 71 resto / ele shaman gets 5k xp per herb in Borean Tundra, up from 3.5k at 70 in the same zone with the same herbs. He is at skill cap, and most herbs are green. Even golden clovers, a grey skill, still give 5k xp. This is with two heirlooms and no rested.

Mob kills get around 3200 currently. I've been camping the lake where the divers are at that has ten or so fire weed spawns.
Palisade

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm