Remove Advertisements

pally tank returning after break

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

pally tank returning after break

Postby Fath » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey guys .. I just came back into the game after a 2month break and im really confused.
I kinda get the change in rotations and stuff. I wont be doing anymore raiding until im at
85. So for now its just going to be 5 mans to cap my justice points.

Im really confused with the reforging of gear and block capping .. etc
can u you guys check out my armory and let me know what i should change ..
just from a quick look .. my dodge parry and block are all over 21 % my exp and hit are low
my exp is just at 20 with the seal glyph

here is my armory
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Joxxer
Fath

Re: pally tank returning after break

Postby benebarba » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:10 am

the block-capping thing is changing when 4.0.3 comes out, so for now, it seems best to try to reforge the highest of parry/dodge into mastery (make sure you train mastery from your trainer), so you can get the block percentage from it. The numbers for dodge and parry you want to get are about 21.5%-22% before diminishing returns really sets in (from Theck and Knaughty's threads here). If you find yourself needing more threat generation, then reforging for expertise or hit may be a bit better (hit and threat caps are in those threads as well). If you are so inclined, you may be able to get some boosts in TPS from some of the PVP weapons we can now get without a rating.

Unfortunately, the wowarmory doesn't seem to display everything correctly stat-wise anymore (mastery doesn't show up, and the character sheet is still showing defense for example), so be careful when posting the link.

That said, for 5-man heroics, you could probably stay right where you are and do just fine (But I'd still reforge to some mastery, hit and exp). I am doing it in lower tiered gear than you :wink:
benebarba

Postby Fath » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Hey thanks for the info .. i reforged two pieces of gear .. i lowered parry and dodge and replaced with mastery .. so right now my parry and dodge are around 21.8% and my block is now at 24%

my hit rating is 152 though .. and expertise is at 20 with the glyph which is terrible .. if i lower anymore parry and dodge its gonna be like 19-20%

this stuff is so confusing to me
Fath

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:57 am

Fath wrote:Hey thanks for the info .. i reforged two pieces of gear .. i lowered parry and dodge and replaced with mastery .. so right now my parry and dodge are around 21.8% and my block is now at 24%

my hit rating is 152 though .. and expertise is at 20 with the glyph which is terrible .. if i lower anymore parry and dodge its gonna be like 19-20%

this stuff is so confusing to me

I think the soft cap for expertise is like 22-23 now, so with 20 - you're getting pretty close to that at least.

If you find that hit is a problem, it may be worth looking to a combination of enchants or gems to get those up. You'll lose stam, so it's a trade off. In my gear, I have a mix of hit and stam gems and some of my gear still has a lot of hit on it.

As for your reforging - I am kind of surprised you only gained a couple percent block, but I guess it depends on which pieces you reforged. Depending on what you want to do, reforging more parry and dodge may help you get less spike damage at the expense of your avoidance. Again, if you'll be sticking heroic 5-mans for now, I don't think you'll have much trouble either way - personally I took the route of letting my block and parry be below the DR point so I could get a much higher block percentage (IIRC, I have like 21% dodge, 18% Parry and 34% block).

This thread gives some more specific details of how/what to reforge, and some options if you are having some trouble getting block capped: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic
benebarba

Return to Basic Training & Talents