Remove Advertisements

Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm Beta - Build 13221

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:15 am

d503 wrote:
steadypal wrote:i know they are trying to normalize the tanking CD's,,, i'd really LOVE to have last stand as a paladin: :P

I think AD is better, more interesting, fun, and requires a bit of insight, talent and awareness to execute appropriately.

Last Stand is nice, but kinda boring...

well atm the DR on AD imo should be a little higher, and if it does save you, the heal should be for more than it is currently, while last stand, sounds really nice, 30% hp of that extremely HIGH cata hps for 20 seconds, imo sounds pretty good compared to AD

so far every tank has an interupt and last stand besides pallies right?
steadypal

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:23 am

steadypal wrote:
d503 wrote:
steadypal wrote:i know they are trying to normalize the tanking CD's,,, i'd really LOVE to have last stand as a paladin: :P

I think AD is better, more interesting, fun, and requires a bit of insight, talent and awareness to execute appropriately.

Last Stand is nice, but kinda boring...

well atm the DR on AD imo should be a little higher, and if it does save you, the heal should be for more than it is currently, while last stand, sounds really nice, 30% hp of that extremely HIGH cata hps for 20 seconds, imo sounds pretty good compared to AD

Dude I don't mean any particular disrespect but it really sounds like you're just trolling for buffs here.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:24 am

steadypal wrote:well atm the DR on AD imo should be a little higher, and if it does save you, the heal should be for more than it is currently, while last stand, sounds really nice, 30% hp of that extremely HIGH cata hps for 20 seconds, imo sounds pretty good compared to AD

There's a giant thread on AD in General, we don't need another. Short answer: AD is still the most OP cooldown in the game.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Digren » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm just happy to see this level of tweaking occur in beta. It felt like this didn't happen until post-launch for BC and WotLK.
Digren

Postby Neptuno » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:00 pm

I'd love the choice of 60% CD / 3 min vs 50% CD / 2min; Great for those enrage periods where 2 minutes down the road, the boss is either dead or the raid is... so even in "equalizing" they still create niches... currently we have better "absorb the other tanks' damage" abilities, but i really don't want to change communities to offtankadin.com :(
Neptuno

Postby Arincia » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:01 pm

* Guardian of Ancient Kings (talented) – 50% damage reduction, 3 minute cooldown, 12 second duration.

* Icebound Fortitude (talented) -- 50% damage reduction, 3 minute cooldown, 12 second duration.

* Survival Instincts (talented) -- 50% damage reduction, 3 minute cooldown, 12 second duration.

* Shield Wall (talented) – 40% damage reduction, 2 minute cooldown, 12 second duration.

* Shield Wall (talented and glyphed) – 60% damage reduction, 4 minute cooldown, 12 second duration.

and yet another change by blizz. I wish they could have left it how it was before with all them at 2 minutes but meh.
Last edited by Arincia on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arincia

Postby Minarva » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm not quite sure what is last second about this, its a beta people need to realise that. Personally I don't mind the changes, but it has put DKs in the spotlight now and I would probably expect a small nerf coming their way once more data arrives (if initial modelling and math is correct by the community).
Minarva

Postby Arincia » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:36 pm

If i called it last second its literally because just a few hours before they had CD's listed to be 2 minutes and 50% for all 4 tanks.
That was at 6:08 pm pst 10/28/2010 and this newest update was posted at 5:19 pm pst 10/29/2010 so literally in less then 24 hours they changed their minds about CD timers.
Arincia

Postby Darielle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:33 pm

Arincia wrote:If i called it last second its literally because just a few hours before they had CD's listed to be 2 minutes and 50% for all 4 tanks.
That was at 6:08 pm pst 10/28/2010 and this newest update was posted at 5:19 pm pst 10/29/2010 so literally in less then 24 hours they changed their minds about CD timers.

Development discussions happen and things change. They're taking feedback from the responses, seeing points made in the responses, trying things out internally and adjusting things. They're letting us know of a lot of changes as they come up with them.
Darielle

Postby Arincia » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:56 pm

IDK i just personally feel that 24 hours to have 2 major changes is a bit drastic but again that's just my personal opinion. It happens though so meh.
Arincia

Postby Darielle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:39 pm

IDK i just personally feel that 24 hours to have 2 major changes is a bit drastic but again that's just my personal opinion.

About the only difference from say this sort of thing happening all the time internally is they're actually communicating and looking at feedback from tanks.
Darielle

Postby Neptuno » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:09 am

with the Shield Slam vs ShoR damage levels, I'm curious about Shield Block and Heavy Repercussions since SB has a good uptime vs our Sacred Duty proc... to me, it seems like proc to increase chance to crit < always double damage during on use period
Neptuno

Postby Flex » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:27 am

Neptuno wrote:with the Shield Slam vs ShoR damage levels, I'm curious about Shield Block and Heavy Repercussions since SB has a good uptime vs our Sacred Duty proc... to me, it seems like proc to increase chance to crit < always double damage during on use period

I doubt it because at worst they perform 2 Double Damage Shield Slams and at best just 4. The benefit of theirs is of course being ondemand but for that we have Avenging Wrath.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby mavfin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:12 am

towelliee wrote: Now it's just "which tank do I personally like"

Um, why is this a bad thing, rather than "which class is most OP right now" like it was in WotLK?
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Neptuno » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:36 pm

Flex wrote:
Neptuno wrote:with the Shield Slam vs ShoR damage levels, I'm curious about Shield Block and Heavy Repercussions since SB has a good uptime vs our Sacred Duty proc... to me, it seems like proc to increase chance to crit < always double damage during on use period

I doubt it because at worst they perform 2 Double Damage Shield Slams and at best just 4. The benefit of theirs is of course being ondemand but for that we have Avenging Wrath.

20% more damage on everything sure... uptime is 16%. Shield Block while double on 1 move is 33% up time (10s every 30), so yeah with good rng on sword and board, thats 8/minute at double damage vs ours having only about 6 per minute total with a proc to maybe crit on some of them... and only 2 would be increased by wings. then warriors have Inner Rage (15% damage buff 50% rage cost increase, 15s duration) so when being punched and getting their rage up at max, they can pop this before a SS for 15% damage buff (though the rage cost means they'll drop below 75 each time). I don't see our Avenging Wrath being the "on demand response" to Heavy Repercussions... they have several damage modifiers we don't (hence why prot pvp was good for warriors more than pallys pre-4.0), add in that their threat was strong enough to be nerfed as well, it makes me still wonder how their shield attack measures up against ours since their modifier to it's damage is stronger.
Neptuno

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm