Remove Advertisements

Grid n' such.

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Grid n' such.

Postby Marsha » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:12 am

I've run Grid for years, but in a pinch the in game raid frames work just fine. I'm using them now for MT frames with the MT targets showing. I simply hide each group. The ability to drop 5 different color flares is pretty handy and I like having the ability to recall them all at once.
Marsha

Postby Arees » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Marsha wrote:I've run Grid for years, but in a pinch the in game raid frames work just fine. I'm using them now for MT frames with the MT targets showing. I simply hide each group. The ability to drop 5 different color flares is pretty handy and I like having the ability to recall them all at once.

I hadn't thought of using them that way. Currently I'm using an addon called HideBlizz to just make the whole thing disappear. I've used oRA2 for MT targets for years, but it isn't supported anymore and 4.0 seems to have finally broken it. I'll have to try this for raid tomorrow night.
Arees

Postby bldavis » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:18 am

i am the only one that uses grid and found the little check box under party/raid frames to turn the blizzard frames off?
(in the game menus, not grid)

i tried using the defualt ones, but having played with grid and horizantal bars for so long....
ya it didnt go to well and my healer is just 66
i upgraded grid asap after that

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby amh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:16 am

Autofollow wrote:The only way I've seen so far to disable the new default raid frames is to run this command:

/run CompactRaidFrameManager:UnregisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameManager:Hide() CompactRaidFrameContainer:UnregisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameContainer:Hide()

The problem is that every time you restart your game the raid frames are back. This is by no means a permanent solution, but I know you can make a macro of it. Someone smarter than me could probably find a way to stick it into an addon I bet.

I have the opposite problem - I want the default raid frames to show. Since the patch I haven't been able to get them to pop up at all, so I'm guessing it has something to do with some old WTF-settings (I deleted my addon folder, not my WTF-folder after patching). I used Grid pre-patch, but couldn't get it working after, so now I'm running around with Vuhdo. Quite the overkill when I'm neither tanking, healing or raid leading.

Happen to have a command with the opposite of your values? Guessing ":Hide ()" can be replaced with ":Show ()".. Hm. I'll try ":RegisterAllEvents ()", see if that works. Worst case I'll kill my WTF-folder, but I'd hate having to set up everything again.

Edit:
Code: Select all
/run CompactRaidFrameManager:RegisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameManager:Show() CompactRaidFrameContainer:RegisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameContainer:Show()

Swapping Unreg->Reg and Hide->Show worked like a charm. Now to make it permanent...
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:39 pm

Is anyone else having problems showing pets on the blizzard default frames? I use them when I'm healing on my shammy, and despite the "show pets" checkboxes, I don't see any. :(
Kelaan

Postby Neptuno » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:02 am

You can also hide the blizz raid frames with Move Anything.

I also moved the Raid Manager aspect of the frame to the right of the screen (but the hide arrow stays on the left... could be a 3rd frame to be handled)
Neptuno

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros