Remove Advertisements

Divine Plea: Opener for pulling

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Divine Plea: Opener for pulling

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:59 am

I wonder why they make such a fuss over it, unless they don´t have the numbers. Otherwise the reason would be more along the line that they don´t want so many Shors.
Last edited by Dantriges on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dantriges

Postby Neptuno » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:00 am

yeah the debuff on healing seems a little silly now that it's 2 minutes and 10% mana

as soon as the MATLAB gets read by the dev's maybe it will be okay
Neptuno

Postby Luthais » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:16 am

I would love if they gave us Divine Storm instead of Inquisition. It just feels more natural to use an AOE ability for AOE tanking.
Luthais <Pirates With No Pants> - Uther (US)
Luthais

Postby thanatos1288 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:36 am

People are already gone around complaining about this change on the forums.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27401644146&sid=1

If nothing else, it makes tankadins look bad >_>
"All human beings must adhere to the greatest and all-encompassing law of the universe...Murphy's Law."
thanatos1288

Postby Chicken » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:44 am

thanatos1288 wrote:People are already gone around complaining about this change on the forums.

Well it appears to the vocal minority even amidst the vocal minority that forums already are judging by the responses. I agree with most of the responses to it (Which I note come from some familiar names), the fact of the matter is that pre-4.0 Divine Plea usage was just as "counterintuitive" and counter to our tier 10 set bonus as this change makes it.
Chicken

Postby Neptuno » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:25 am

Chicken wrote:
thanatos1288 wrote:People are already gone around complaining about this change on the forums.

Well it appears to the vocal minority even amidst the vocal minority that forums already are judging by the responses. I agree with most of the responses to it (Which I note come from some familiar names), the fact of the matter is that pre-4.0 Divine Plea usage was just as "counterintuitive" and counter to our tier 10 set bonus as this change makes it.

of course i never got to a 4pc 277 tier, but i never even bought a 4th tier piece for 264... 4 set bonus wasn't worth the pixels it was displayed on with 264 tier pieces
Neptuno

Postby Ryyu » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:23 am

Question though, if we can build 1 HOP charge off say a critter or left overs from the last pack would 1pInq>DP>shield be a buff or just Build it to 3 hp>SoR>DP>SoR.
Ryyu

Postby Metherlance » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:36 am

Ryyu wrote:Question though, if we can build 1 HOP charge off say a critter or left overs from the last pack would 1pInq>DP>shield be a buff or just Build it to 3 hp>SoR>DP>SoR.

Yeah it would be a buff, 30% damage. Inq with one HoPo lasts 4 seconds, in which you have time to pop DP and cast ShoR. Given you can find that critter. :)

Though that could be pretty difficult to do actually. Finding a critter ~few seconds away from boss could be a pain.

Not to mention chain pulling packs and bosses. :)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chromaggus/Metherlance/advanced

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby Arjuna » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:55 am

Metherlance wrote:
Ryyu wrote:Question though, if we can build 1 HOP charge off say a critter or left overs from the last pack would 1pInq>DP>shield be a buff or just Build it to 3 hp>SoR>DP>SoR.

Yeah it would be a buff, 30% damage. Inq with one HoPo lasts 4 seconds, in which you have time to pop DP and cast ShoR. Given you can find that critter. :)

Though that could be pretty difficult to do actually. Finding a critter ~few seconds away from boss could be a pain.

Not to mention chain pulling packs and bosses. :)

maybe on the boss himself then? :)

Wings>AS>J>CS>Inq>DP>ShoR...boooom...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Neptuno » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 am

with the decrease in finisher damage, i don't think a 1pt Inq is worth it even for the pull. Inq may actually be a boost all the time with the decrease to ShoR... have to wait for the parses with the new build.
Neptuno

Postby Metherlance » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:21 am

Arjuna wrote:Wings>AS>J>CS>Inq>DP>ShoR...boooom...

Actually just played around with that idea in my head, it's not worth it. :)

(All on range)
(Wings - AS - J - DP) - SHOR - CS - HW - CS
(Wings - AS - J) - CS - INQ - DP - SHOR

It would be worth it IF using 2 GCD's for INQ would be more damage than 1x CS and 1x HW (and getting second 3hopo SHOR off faster too).

No question remains unanswered. No doubts linger. You are Azeroth's greatest champions!
Metherlance

Postby mclem » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:51 am

Metherlance wrote:(Wings - AS - J - DP) - SHOR - CS - HW - CS

Would it not be better to move the DP to the very start? I don't believe HP depletes if you're actually in combat, so as soon as you get the AS out, you've got the 3HP no matter how long it takes the mob to mosey on over to you. It'd save a GCD while running in, at least, although I'm not sure if that's actually *useful* (exorcism if he's not at you yet?). Oh, and it'd mean that we get the subsequent DP up sooner.

I've also been musing on how to use DP's cooldown when it arrives in the middle of the rotation, it strikes me that there's a few potentially interesting ways to mix it in. Should you fish for a Sacred Duty proc before doing the ShoR? Is it best to actually do a CS on either side of it *anyway* due to the threat that gives?

We need to know exactly how the HP is given to us before we can model that particularly well, I'm thinking a tick every few seconds would potentially be more *interesting*, if less *convenient*.
mclem

Postby Metherlance » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:09 am

mclem wrote:
Metherlance wrote:(Wings - AS - J - DP) - SHOR - CS - HW - CS

Would it not be better to move the DP to the very start?

Yeah, I meant everything between () is cast before you reach the boss, so their order actually means nothing.

To the DP usage within rotations, before we get numbers about it I'd guess you get most of it when used on cooldown, as long as you have 0hopo when using it.

For example:

2min to fight and your DP comes off cooldown, but you have already 2 hopo and you are casting AS next, cast that AS and next CS and SHOR, and after that DP + SHOR. It's hard to say whether it will be better to use it even if you have 1hopo, but anyway it's effect on our tps output will be minimal.

Actually I could see it would be most useful to use for WoG before some big hit / breath if DP is off CD. Or save it for add pickups etc. Anyway with the 2min CD it's very situational where you can use it for anything useful.
Last edited by Metherlance on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metherlance

Postby mclem » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:20 am

Metherlance wrote:Actually I could see it would be most useful to use for WoG before some big hit / breath if DP is off CD.

You'd want to macro it to cancel the actual Divine Plea effect itself then, due to the healing reduction.

Actually, if we had an environment a bit like a Big Bang, I could see generate 3HP - WoG (for the shield) - [BIG BANG] - use up any Eternal Glory procs - DP - cancel DP - more WoG until EG stops proccing.

That might be a bit overpowered, but I'm amused by the idea of calmly getting yourself back up to full after having nearly all your health eaten away :-)
Last edited by mclem on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mclem

Postby Metherlance » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:22 am

mclem wrote:You'd want to macro it to cancel the actual Divine Plea effect itself then, due to the healing reduction.

Oh yeah, forgot totally that healing reduction part of it.

Metherlance

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm