Eternal Glory

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Eternal Glory

Postby Lieris » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 am

Anyone else speced into this? I quite like it so far, it's very satisfying when you get back to back procs. It certainly seems a lot more useful than SotP.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Re: Eternal Glory

Postby steadypal » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:38 pm

have you noticed your threat drop at all?
steadypal

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:15 pm

I am in one of my specs. I also have AS glyphed in this spec, and use it for, say, LK. I've had zero problems with threat.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:10 pm

steadypal wrote:have you noticed your threat drop at all?

Relative to SotP?

So far I am finding it great for fights where my target isn't DPSed for some time, when I have massive threat lead (Vengeance is ridiculous on boss fights so that happens pretty quickly) and during soloing.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Leyani » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:39 am

Well, I´ve used a WoG heavy spec and I´m more than happy with it. Threat is basically a none issue anyway right now, apart from the first seconds into a fight. It supports my healers in fights like Halion hm and I don´t think there are currently fights where you NEED the 3k tank dmg (your DPS are doing it wrong! :wink: ).
I absolutely see no reason at all not to help with my own survival, and it even "feels" like the right thing to do.
Leyani

Postby Damiun » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:55 am

I have really liked eternal glory. I think people are underestimating Eternal Glory combined with Guaded by the Light. My guild is still doing progression through ICC so having that instant self heal has made me feel really good. Especially if it causes overhealing because that turns into the shield, which feels like a temporary extra 8kish max health. And when Eternal Glory procs I can keep that extra health for multiple attacks. Which seems much better then doing more dps. As long as DPS isn't dumb and blowing all their cooldowns in the first few seconds threat hasn't really been an issue.
Damiun

Postby inthedrops » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:14 am

This spell has really grown on me. There are so many fights where, depending on your role, you aren't doing much of anything useful. Sindragosa is a perfect if you're not tanking in P1. Don't even bother with your pathetic DPS, pop WoG on those that can use it, or on the tank, etc. Same with BQ.

On LK I've recently started trying to time it right about when SR lands or ticks 5 seconds later for a little extra boost.

Also, the threat problems on fights these days is usually in the first 20 seconds. And no talent spec change required to get eternal glory is really going to solve that problem. At least, that's my opinion. The problem is with the DPS that simply refuse to accept the new mechanics.

In short, I feel more useful in situations where all I could do prior is dps.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 am

I've had it for a bit, but I only really found it useful when tanking LK... and well I don't like RNG dependant stuff.

May eventually pick it again for Cata at 85, but not impressed with it at the moment.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ryyu » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:46 am

is the WOG threat buff live?
Ryyu

Postby Phonic » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Personally I'm loving WoG. We're testing a lot of bosses on beta now and it really comes in handy all the time. EG procs are so much fun too!! Definitely more fun than GC procs sadly.

WoG is also pimp in heroics especially now that we're chain and group pulling again since the pre made gear is all 359. So healers are spreading more heals and are always surprises that i can top myself off quite often.
Phonic

Postby Midoriko » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:26 am

I like eternal Glory especially for soloing old content and tanking LK25 hc. Using WoG to get the shield just before soul reaper ticks. Even if i am not at full HP, it helps to top me off before reaper. Depending on how often you use WoG, if you spend HoPos from the proc for SotR, it may give more threat than seals of the pure I think.
Midoriko

Return to Basic Training & Talents