What Preperations are you doing?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: What Preperations are you doing?

Postby towelliee » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Anything that can level my JC and BS more I have on me plus 60k gold I'm set.
towelliee

Postby Neptuno » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:48 am

PsiVen wrote:I was planning on hoarding gold, but I foolishly blew a bunch on a Shadow's Edge that I didn't get to infuse before we stopped raiding. Eventually I'll start farming shards...

shard rate seems to be more generous post patch. saw 7 drop tonight with only a couple of hard modes in a gdkp
Neptuno

Postby culhag » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 am

Zandalar enchants for BoA shoulders.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:15 pm

culhag wrote:Zandalar enchants for BoA shoulders.

That doesn't cause them to bind to your character?
Kelaan

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Kelaan wrote:
culhag wrote:Zandalar enchants for BoA shoulders.

That doesn't cause them to bind to your character?

BoA items can basically never get character bound
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sapria » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 pm

The toon wearing the shoulders with the enchant wont get the benefit until lvl 55 though. Until then it will say in red something like 'You need to be level 55+'.
Sapria

Postby Dianora » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:I decided recently in my free time I would be farming all the needed materials to level my baby goblins professions as quickly as possible.

I also have a fair amount of gold set aside.

I have considered farming mats to build gear (or farming the BoE's) for my toon to always have decent equipment.

What things are other people doing?

1k gold for each of my 80s. Heirloom gear for either hunter or druid (haven't decided which one to do yet).
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Chunes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Stockpiling gold, stockpiling inks for the minor glyph rush that will accompany cata's release. I need to level my mage to 75 to keep alchemy capped on him. I'm farming razzashi hatchlings for major price gouging later and also casually farming tiger/raptor bosses.

That's basically it.
Chunes

Postby Ryyu » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Grinding herbs, ore and cloth to drop mining when i get 450 BS to lvl engi, tailoring and finally Alc for all there new mounts and pets (yes yes i know i cant use them when i drop the skill but im a whore and want 200 mounts)
Ryyu

Postby Neptuno » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Sapria wrote:The toon wearing the shoulders with the enchant wont get the benefit until lvl 55 though. Until then it will say in red something like 'You need to be level 55+'.

better than the BC 15 SP or w/e that requires level 64 or the stam/resil that needs level 70.
Neptuno

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:23 pm

I changed up my raid schedule (lol) to include full clears of Molten Core and ZA instead of a binding run here and there.

I am still working on my other twinks - level 60dk that will never get Ossirian's helm >.> and my level 70 warrior that is pretty fresh.

Warlock: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Sarugaul
Warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Deceptisar
Deathknight: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Lydian

I have my DK and warrior on another account so can run them myself :D More rewarding than tagging along in Sunwell and listening to the 80's cry (although I only drag my Warr along if I am tanking/healing on an 80 unlike all the other whingey 70 twinks on Frostmourne).

Oh and trying hard for the ZG mounts :o I finally got White Hawkstrider last night after I had almost given up :)
Sarutankah

Postby sherck » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:43 am

I got a guild bank tab full of Northrends ore (70% colbalt, 30% Saronite) and a guild bank tab full of Outlands ore (70% Fel Iron, 30% Adamanite). I am working on a guild bank tab full of enchanting mats (14x stacks each dust, 7x stacks each Greater Essence, as many Large Shards as I can get). Lots of little goblins are going to need their profession leveling mats.

Is there a Spell Power PvP Wrathful 264 staff option I can purchase for honor with no rating? If so, apparently, I am going to go work on a weapon for my neglected Priest alt. He is currently sporting a 232 main hand and a 200 off-hand.

I am leveling Tailoring on the same aforementioned Priest...for the 3rd time. I have to learn to stop chasing the shiny, bouncing professions ball.

I got 15k in the bank and nothing to spend it on. I am raiding for the most part just to help guildies out who want/need to finish some achievments before the next xpac.

I did get 9 achievements in Ulduar last week on my Pally because I had "skipped" over it while leveling my Druid and picked raiding back up on the Pally in ICC. What a fun raid instance that is. I can tell you that Steelbreaker, standing on a power rune, with Falcon Punch, can still mess up a 60k health tank in a HURRY!

Cheers,
sherck

Postby badgermonkey » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:55 am

Since I'm swapping mains in Cata, the only change I'm doing is slowly grinding up my proffessions from 0-max on my "new" main.
badgermonkey

Postby Vallia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:52 am

If you don't already have 310 riding, its 4k gold to get it (with max reputation) so if you have several non-310 alts you may want to save for that.

You can save 4k Justice points, and that will buy you 2 pieces of 346 gear. That's another thing you can prep for.

Tradeskills and stockpiled mats, of course. BOAs, of course.

Time off work? well, I had some vacation coming anyway...
Vallia

Postby Braundo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am

I've been away from my paladin for over a year, so I'm filling in the gaps in my gear from heroics, and then hitting the Justice Points cap to be ready for level 85.

Beyond that, not a whole lot, really. Stockpiling gold a bit, I suppose, insofar as what I earn from heroics.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm