BlizzCon Class Q&A

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: BlizzCon Class Q&A

Postby theckhd » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 am

I think you're reading too much into a spoken typo. I'm 100% sure he meant ShoR and Inq, not HS and Inq.

Hard to blame him given the (Hammer/Shield/Holy)+(of)+(Wrath/the Righteous) ability naming system.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Digren » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:02 am

theckhd wrote:I think you're reading too much into a spoken typo. I'm 100% sure he meant ShoR and Inq, not HS and Inq.

Hard to blame him given the (Hammer/Shield/Holy)+(of)+(Wrath/the Righteous) ability naming system.

Dear Blizzard,

Where's my Shield of Wrath????

Signed,
Digren

P.S. And I don't mean this.
Digren

Postby Zalaria » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:08 am

Digren wrote:
theckhd wrote:I think you're reading too much into a spoken typo. I'm 100% sure he meant ShoR and Inq, not HS and Inq.

Dear Blizzard,

Signed,
Digren

I dunno, I'm looking forward to Holy the Righteous, myself.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Mcduffie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 am

Zalaria wrote:
Digren wrote:

Dear Blizzard,

Signed,
Digren

I dunno, I'm looking forward to Holy the Righteous, myself.

Holy Shieldhammer of the Righteous Wrath? I'd use a point in that.
Mcduffie

Postby Neptuno » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Holy Nova of the Wrathgate?

time to prime those /cast Divine Plea /cancelaura Divine Plea macros if it's 3 instant Holy Power!!
Neptuno

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:39 pm

Mcduffie wrote:Holy Shieldhammer of the Righteous Wrath? I'd use a point in that.

What the hell is a Shieldhammer and where can I get one? Holy or not, that sounds awesome.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Arees » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 am

Neptuno wrote:time to prime those /cast Divine Plea /cancelaura Divine Plea macros if it's 3 instant Holy Power!!

Why on earth would you do that? 3HP on use will most likely be prot only and I don't usually heal as prot so I don't care about the healing reduction...
Arees

Postby Epimer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:26 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Neptuno wrote:time to prime those /cast Divine Plea /cancelaura Divine Plea macros if it's 3 instant Holy Power!!

Why on earth would you do that? 3HP on use will most likely be prot only and I don't usually heal as prot so I don't care about the healing reduction...

If you were using Divine Plea for 3 HP to be spent on a WoG heal/absorb, it would suck for it to be 50% less effective.
Epimer

Postby Neptuno » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:32 am

Epimer wrote:
WATERBOYsh wrote:

If you were using Divine Plea for 3 HP to be spent on a WoG heal/absorb, it would suck for it to be 50% less effective.

also Seal of Insight being common as a tank... would be bad if that were subject to less healing as well (not sure if it is). the mana is tiny, so i guess you could switch the order and just press twice to cancel, but i don't want to waste time if i need to heal with it.
Neptuno

Postby Jaitee » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:34 am

Neptuno wrote:
Epimer wrote:
WATERBOYsh wrote:

also Seal of Insight being common as a tank... would be bad if that were subject to less healing as well (not sure if it is). the mana is tiny, so i guess you could switch the order and just press twice to cancel, but i don't want to waste time if i need to heal with it.

or for your word of glory use a /cancelaura divine plea /cast word of glory macro
that way if u use DP for the mana and SotR after u keep the mana but if u decide to WoG you dont gimp yourself and u wont accidentally hit the macro twice and cancel it
or better yet blizz could remove the healing reduction seeing as how its an outdated mechanic it was only added so that pallys would stop using it ever CD without thought

and im not logged in atm but i know pre 4.0 that divine plea listed only our healing spells and only affected them and not seal of light (or trinket procs etc that heal) so id say that seal of insight is still unaffected
Jaitee

Postby Arees » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:37 am

Jaitee wrote:I know pre 4.0 that divine plea listed only our healing spells and only affected them and not seal of light (or trinket procs etc that heal) so id say that seal of insight is still unaffected

The tooltip now says reduces all healing done.
Arees

Postby Darielle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:55 am

The tooltip now says reduces all healing done.

Actually testing it > relying on tooltips. Tooltip errors or omissions are pretty much a norm by now.
Darielle

Previous

Return to Cataclysm