Remove Advertisements

HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon (Updated for MoP)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Necrolite » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:25 am

Raeli wrote:I use this as my LUA text for Pitbull to show Vengeance stacks in the form of V:### and have it set to update on UNIT_AURA event.

It pretty much scans for the Vengeance buff, reads it's tooltip, and removes everything but the number, and then displays it.


Code: Select all
local WaV = CreateFrame( "GameTooltip", "WAV", nil, "GameTooltipTemplate" );
WaV:SetOwner( WorldFrame, "ANCHOR_NONE" );
local vengeanceon = UnitBuff("player", "Vengeance")
if vengeanceon then
WaV:SetUnitBuff("player", vengeanceon)
    local text = WAVTextLeft2:GetText()
    text = string.match(text, "%d+")
    return "V:" .. text   
end
WaV:Hide()


that seems pretty decent, although im fairly new to pitbull, where abouts are you putting this ?
Image
Necrolite
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 9:35 am

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Yelena » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:49 pm

One thing I've noticed is that upon completion of a Battleground (I would presume this happens in Arenas as well given the same behavior), when everything freezes and the scorecard pops up, when you exit the BG itself the Holy Power bar will be stuck at whatever you had when the match ended. It'll stay that way until you start generating Holy Power events again (or reload the UI).

It doesn't spit out any lua errors when it does this, so I don't have an error log to show. I also haven't tested yet to see if this behavior is exhibited in any other Holy Power trackers (as I like how this one fits my overall UI layout).
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 am
Location: Behind the Eight Ball

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Yelena » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Raeli wrote:I use this as my LUA text for Pitbull to show Vengeance stacks in the form of V:### and have it set to update on UNIT_AURA event.

It pretty much scans for the Vengeance buff, reads it's tooltip, and removes everything but the number, and then displays it.


Code: Select all
local WaV = CreateFrame( "GameTooltip", "WAV", nil, "GameTooltipTemplate" );
WaV:SetOwner( WorldFrame, "ANCHOR_NONE" );
local vengeanceon = UnitBuff("player", "Vengeance")
if vengeanceon then
WaV:SetUnitBuff("player", vengeanceon)
    local text = WAVTextLeft2:GetText()
    text = string.match(text, "%d+")
    return "V:" .. text   
end
WaV:Hide()


Works like a charm, thanks.

Image
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 am
Location: Behind the Eight Ball

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby PsiVen » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Yelena wrote:One thing I've noticed is that upon completion of a Battleground (I would presume this happens in Arenas as well given the same behavior), when everything freezes and the scorecard pops up, when you exit the BG itself the Holy Power bar will be stuck at whatever you had when the match ended. It'll stay that way until you start generating Holy Power events again (or reload the UI).

It doesn't spit out any lua errors when it does this, so I don't have an error log to show. I also haven't tested yet to see if this behavior is exhibited in any other Holy Power trackers (as I like how this one fits my overall UI layout).


Interesting. My guess would be that this is caused by Holy Power decaying on the loading screen, so it ticks down without firing events until you do something with them. I could probably add an update trigger for changing zones that would fix this.

Xish wrote:Just one request. I changed the size of the HoPo boxes to give them more of a golden ratio appearance, and I was fiddling w/ making them even larger, but I found if you make them larger, you get an odd black "fuzz" around the boxes that increases as you increase the HoPo box size. Would there be a way to add an option replace the default HoPo box frame with others, or would there be a way to adjust the current default frame so the "fuzz" would stop appearing at larger scales? Thanks again for the awesome addon!


I spent a little time fiddling with the frames when I added this feature and I haven't yet found where this texture's shape is actually defined. I would love to not have the stretch marks as soon as I can figure that out.

If anyone is still having machine-gun errors pop up the following causes are currently known:
- Holy Shock timer used (it bugs out when talents reset the CD too quickly); Workaround: Disable Holy Shock
- Glyphs cast whose spell names are the same as the spell they affect (Lay on Hands, Divine Protection, etc.); Workaround: ReloadUI after you reglyph

Please let me know if you're getting these errors under different conditions in 1.5.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Autofollow » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:59 am

I wanted to mention that I love this addon. However, has anyone been having any LUA errors with it?

Specifically, I'm having problems in Heroic Forge of Souls. Every time I run that zone my frame rate drops to about 4 or 5 fps, where I typically run about 60ish. Enabling LUA frames shows me an error for Holy Trinity. The only fix I've had for this is to reload my game every time, and it happens frequently. I think I reloaded in the neighborhood of 10 times last night before Brohnjam.

I don't normally complain, but I figure that you would want to know of any bugs that people have run into. Has anyone else seen this?
Image
User avatar
Autofollow
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 am

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Imminent » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:36 pm

First of all I love the addon and I much prefer using this as opposed to installing MoveAnything and moving the Blizzard UI for Holy Power. One thing I would ask if that if you can enhance the "Audio" function to be more like Hear Kitty (Then I can remove another addon from my list).

Hear Kitty will make sequential tones as you build and lose Holy Power as well as making a distinct sound letting you know when your HP stacks have been used. Louder tones are definitely better for when all the sound effects of raiding are happening.


Thanks alot for the addon.
Imminent
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:22 am

It seems like I can't get the CD timers to get bigger without making the holy power part of it bigger to. I just want the 3 little bars above my bartender, but when i do that all that i see is a very little cooldown timer and I'm like dang I can't seem to make that scale bigger cause it all scales under one option and then those holy power things get ginormous.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby PsiVen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:30 am

Hi guys, all errors should be squished this update:
-- v1.06 --
Fixed all instances of nil duration errors (hopefully)
Holy Power will now refresh properly after a loading screen
Removed LibBetterBlizzOptions




2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:It seems like I can't get the CD timers to get bigger without making the holy power part of it bigger to. I just want the 3 little bars above my bartender, but when i do that all that i see is a very little cooldown timer and I'm like dang I can't seem to make that scale bigger cause it all scales under one option and then those holy power things get ginormous.


You can resize the Holy Power bars separately, so to get big cooldown timers turn up the scale and then shrink the Holy Power X/Y to the desired size. The texture on the bars might stretch a little when you do this, but it should be okay as long as you preserve the wide-rectangle shape.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Vrimmel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 am

Could you change it so that we don't need to configure both sizes to change one? Also is there a way to increase the thickness of the cooldown timer bars?
Vrimmel
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:40 am

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby PsiVen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:04 am

Yes, but that requires separating the frames which I probably won't get to until I want to add mouse dragging and 'configuration mode' type features.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Vrimmel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Is there any way to turn up the volume of the 3 holy power sound? It can be hard to distinguish from the other combat sounds at times.
Vrimmel
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:40 am

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby ginga-uk » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:43 am

Perhaps the correct response to my question is "Don't be stupid...take note of the big graphic over your head", but is there a way to reflect the ret mastery "hand of Light" procing in the HP bars... perhaps half shading in the unfilled HP bars or something similar.
ginga-uk
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:47 am
Location: UK (EU-Kilrogg)

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby PsiVen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:18 am

The only way to adjust the volume of the sound is to make a new sound file and edit it to be louder. I tried to include a variety of choices with different volumes, in the future I may add HearKitty-esque tones or at least a custom sound option.

Hand of Light procs and other buffs/debuffs can't be tracked as cooldowns so they would make things more complicated. If I add (de)buffs) it will probably be a large update with many new features.

Autofollow wrote:I wanted to mention that I love this addon. However, has anyone been having any LUA errors with it?

Specifically, I'm having problems in Heroic Forge of Souls. Every time I run that zone my frame rate drops to about 4 or 5 fps, where I typically run about 60ish. Enabling LUA frames shows me an error for Holy Trinity. The only fix I've had for this is to reload my game every time, and it happens frequently. I think I reloaded in the neighborhood of 10 times last night before Brohnjam.

I don't normally complain, but I figure that you would want to know of any bugs that people have run into. Has anyone else seen this?


Please let me know if this is still happening in v1.06 and paste the error here if possible. Were you using Holy Shock, and were there any other paladins in the group?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Yelena » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Vrimmel wrote:Is there any way to turn up the volume of the 3 holy power sound? It can be hard to distinguish from the other combat sounds at times.

I find the Nether Power sound to be enough to catch my attention, I tried a few of the others but would lose track of them on some fights.

Full SharedMedia support would probably alleviate some of the sound requests, as users could use their own custom sounds registered through SharedMedia_MyMedia.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 am
Location: Behind the Eight Ball

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby Raeli » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:04 am

Yelena wrote:Works like a charm, thanks.


Nps!


Necrolite wrote:
that seems pretty decent, although im fairly new to pitbull, where abouts are you putting this ?


It's just to the right of my mana bar: (Shows nothing with no Vengeance)

Image Image
Raeli
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?