What Preperations are you doing?

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

What Preperations are you doing?

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:12 am

I decided recently in my free time I would be farming all the needed materials to level my baby goblins professions as quickly as possible.

I also have a fair amount of gold set aside.

I have considered farming mats to build gear (or farming the BoE's) for my toon to always have decent equipment.

What things are other people doing?
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: What Preperations are you doing?

Postby warden » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:16 am

With the changes to pvp gear requirements (no rating), I'm grinding out the honor for 264 wrathful weapons for all the neglected alts to level with. Going from the 200s or 232s they've got right now to the pvp weapons is a huge change, and the added survivability from all the stam won't hurt while leveling either.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:18 am

Absolutely nothing. The closest I am coming to preparing is leveling a mage with herbalism so my worgen druid can get right to being a scribe.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Cronus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 am

Im just stockpiling gold, gold and more gold. I held off on leveling a warrior and shammy as I want them to be a goblin. I am trying to cap JP for 85 as well.

Side note, you can get a 264 Wrathfull PVP weapon now w/o rating? I missed that one...hmmm so would it be a good investment to get the 2-handed sword for my ret pally or stick with my battered hilt sword?
Cronus

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:40 am

Trying to get my warrior to 80 (but 75 as a minimum) since they're my only alchemist and I want to be able to craft the new stuff for raids in Cataclysm. Currently, the warrior is level 44. (Aside from dirty Engineering, my other alts have every single profession available to them.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 am

My only preparations will be taking a nap after work on the Monday before the expansion... and maybe figuring out the fastest leveling path :P

Anyone want to help me with that second part?
Belloc

Postby Neptuno » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:17 am

hiring a sweat shop to level for me.
Neptuno

Postby degre » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:45 am

Just changed server and I'm leveling my new disenchanting bitch, plus I'm waiting for my new PC to arrive.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Darielle » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:19 pm

I've been filling my Hunter's Stable with the rarest and coolest pets I could find.

Now I need about 20 more Stable slots ....
Gotta catch them all!
Darielle

Postby Korola » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Same crap, different day. Cata won't really change that.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:43 pm

No preparation on my part.

I'm fast losing interest.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Staryx » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Spending lots of time in the Mojave Wasteland pissing off Caesar's Legion. :)

When I am playing WoW, it's either just for raid nights or farming ore on my DK to get his damn Blacksmithing up. I like that they moved the mining reqs down from 300 for the BC stuff, but why leave Fel Iron stuff at 300 for BS? ::grumbles::
Staryx

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:42 pm

I was planning on hoarding gold, but I foolishly blew a bunch on a Shadow's Edge that I didn't get to infuse before we stopped raiding. Eventually I'll start farming shards...
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Torquemada » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Working on getting Torq's goblin faction reps back up to exalted, assuming that Darkmoon Faire will still be around so I can finish that up for my Insane feat. Also doing the Tier 0.5 quests because I was bored, as well as switching out Blacksmithing for Mining so that I can maximize profits from robbing people of their gold by putting ore on the AH the first week or two of the expansion. I'll probably pick up Enchanting instead of the mining later on, so that I can store all the enchants on my main instead of not being able to get any of the enchants from raids because my enchanter is currently an alt.
Torquemada

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Found despite the oodles of BOA items/weapons I have, that I lacked a BoA 2H for a feral druid, so I went and got that.
Now I'm stockpiling bits and bobs for the new druid on my new server, already got just about every druid glyph made.
My plan is to make Outland and Northrend disappear in a blaze of KILLING BLOW!!! QUEST COMPLETED!!! DUNGEON COMPLETED!!! 'cause I've done those wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many times.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Next

Return to Cataclysm