Remove Advertisements

Divine Plea: Opener for pulling

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Divine Plea: Opener for pulling

Postby Yelena » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Blood Rage generated a fixed amount of Rage (like 20) instantly, then an additional 1 Rage a second for 10 seconds. They rolled the initial generation into Battle/Commanding Shout, and removed the trickle effect. Divine Plea will likely follow the path of instantly generating 3 Holy Power upon use, otherwise (as Knaughty said) it'd be stupid to use it and have to wait 10 seconds to pull.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Brutalicus » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:26 pm

This is good news! Threat on the pull! Brings T10 4P back into the realm of usable! Extra invincibility while soloing!
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Phonic » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:37 pm

If things get iffy, I'm sure they would/could change it to only giving us the 3HoPo if we were out of combat.
Phonic

Postby Neptuno » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:44 am

Warrior threat was in part due to Vigilance being really strong (they get 20% Vengeance when not even having threat) and get rage when attacking targets not attacking them. So their AE abilities of threat when the Vig'ed dps pulls is really really good. And rage falls off more quickly than HoPo, so thats the point behind their 20+trickle.

Honestly, with how little "burst" ret has outside of certain cd's and procs, I don't even think the ooc rule would be needed or for this to be limited to Prot (though Holy having it would be the biggest justification for it being 1 charge every 3s)

After seeing the Q&A, lets see if they see our cries for Inquisition being Ret talent and Divine Storm being baseline!
Neptuno

Postby Orthien » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:41 am

Your right it does sound like its instant HoPo, guess I should read things fully before getting excited and making up the rest in my head.
Orthien

Postby Yelena » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:45 am

Neptuno wrote:so thats the point behind their 20+trickle.

That was how Blood Rage worked, it's just the 20 now when using Battle/Commanding Shout, no more trickle. The trickle isn't really needed anyway, even if you can't Charge in for free Rage on the pull, there are other ways to supplement the generation such that Rage is a non-issue after 2-3 seconds.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Sober » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 am

Neptuno wrote:Warrior threat was in part due to Vigilance being really strong (they get 20% Vengeance when not even having threat) and get rage when attacking targets not attacking them. So their AE abilities of threat when the Vig'ed dps pulls is really really good. And rage falls off more quickly than HoPo, so thats the point behind their 20+trickle.

Honestly, with how little "burst" ret has outside of certain cd's and procs, I don't even think the ooc rule would be needed or for this to be limited to Prot (though Holy having it would be the biggest justification for it being 1 charge every 3s)

After seeing the Q&A, lets see if they see our cries for Inquisition being Ret talent and Divine Storm being baseline!

Honestly, wouldn't it just be easier to move ShoR to do physical instead of holy damage? I mean, flavour is cool and all, but it's effectively shield slam no matter how you put it, and RF affects all damage so it could do fire or shadowfrost damage for all I care.

Unless the fear of Inq -> ShoR is some pvp balance thing, I don't really understand ... isn't just chaining ShoRs every 3HP better than putting up inquisition just to pull of a slightly bigger ShoR?
Sober

Postby tobit » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Hey guys,

I was at the bar after closing ceremonies last night, and got a chance to say thank you to GC for putting this in. To clarify, this is tied to a prot talent, and GC was kind enough to elaborate on which one: Shield of the Templar, which is going to be reduced to a one-rank talent.

On a related note, he mentioned that the AS cooldown will be taken out of that talent and baked into the ability itself. He didn't mention anything about how that will affect AW and GANK's cooldown, though.
tobit

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:41 pm

tobit wrote:Hey guys,

I was at the bar after closing ceremonies last night, and got a chance to say thank you to GC for putting this in. To clarify, this is tied to a prot talent, and GC was kind enough to elaborate on which one: Shield of the Templar, which is going to be reduced to a one-rank talent.

On a related note, he mentioned that the AS cooldown will be taken out of that talent and baked into the ability itself. He didn't mention anything about how that will affect AW and GANK's cooldown, though.

Wow, you actually had a drink with GC? That's pretty awesome
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby tobit » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Wow, you actually had a drink with GC? That's pretty awesome

For all of 30 seconds, give or take. There were a bunch of people also having drinks with him and I didn't want to be the guy who monopolized his time. I was honestly surprised he took the time to say that much about the talent. I guess it pays to say "thank you" instead of "QQ" all the time.
tobit

Postby PsiVen » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Not bad, but still feels like a band-aid compared to just letting us regenerate HP out of combat instead of having it decay. Would be nice to have more utility use out of Divine Plea and Holy Radiance than a tiny amount of mana / small amount of healing.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Treck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 am

Iselian wrote:They don't want us to have increased block chance and improved holy damage at the same time. Right.

Just to clarify, Inquisition will be proccing Holy shield, so your not gonna take more dmg if you choose to use inquisition instead.
Treck

Postby Chicken » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:26 am

Treck wrote:
Iselian wrote:They don't want us to have increased block chance and improved holy damage at the same time. Right.

Just to clarify, Inquisition will be proccing Holy shield, so your not gonna take more dmg if you choose to use inquisition instead.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure GC just misspoke and meant Shield of the Righteous where he said Holy Shield.
Chicken

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:45 am

Wasn´t it established mathematically that 2 shor was better threat than Shor and inquisition?
Dantriges

Postby knaughty » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:49 am

Dantriges wrote:Wasn´t it established mathematically that 2 shor was better threat than Shor and inquisition?

Yes.

Theck's MATLAB thread.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm