Solo Magtheridon possible for a paladin?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Solo Magtheridon possible for a paladin?

Postby knaughty » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:18 pm

I'll try that "circle strafe" method.

I've also worked out why it was so much more "exciting" for me that people were saying it should be....

Yeah... Sacred Shield would have helped...

Yes, yes, I was soloing him without SS up ><
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Non » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:26 pm

The only time I had him despawn was when I tried to move around to avoid fire on the ground. Tossed me around with the earthquake and I ended up outside the door. I never moved around with him after that. Instead I picked this spot in the corner. It is alot easier when you can't get quaked around and just spam the 969696969 for 15min. One hand do the fighting and the other in a bowl of popcorn.
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby Leuthas » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Solo'd Mag today. No despawns. I just stuck in a little circle around him, near a wall - I ended up moving in a slow circle around the room's edge, but that wasn't intentional.
This is right after he died - you can see his shoulder guard thingy.

Check the "Post your Successes" thread for Kazzak solo.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby ginga-uk » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:10 am

Relatively speaking my gear isn't that great. First few time sI had despawns, so I decided to tank him against a wall. Taht gave me a few problems with the adds sneaking both sides, one of which inevitably ended up slightly at my back, so now when I solo him I tank him in a corner made by the door.

Step just inside the room.
Tag the nearest channeller.
Step into the corner made by the door and the door opening. By not moving I'm sure I probably take a little more damage but not enough to kill me.

Today I killed him using the gear I wear in heroics. Which is exactly 540 def (I know I only need 535), 45k hp fully buffed. (Sanc scroll for stam, drums for wild.) Resist flask. 20% crit chance :) I don't bother to respec for the fight, so I don't have reckoning. Gear is a misture of 251 and 264 tank and ret gear. Weapon is only gutbuster (normal mode). I downed him with about 5 minutes to spare switching to Seal of Light once after I stopped paying attention for a bit and AD procced, and again just before 30% to give me a buffer through the ceiling collapse.

Whenever I've tried to kite him to avoid damage he always seems to despawn. (although I might try the not moving after earthquake method if there is another shot left before 4.0.1). Tanking him in the corner I never move, and he has so far never despawned.
ginga-uk

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:01 pm

The trash mobs in mag's lair.. did they never have a loot table?
Anubisknight

Postby knaughty » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Anubisknight wrote:The trash mobs in mag's lair.. did they never have a loot table?

I don't remember them ever dropping anything, but it's a long time ago.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:07 am

Anubisknight wrote:The trash mobs in mag's lair.. did they never have a loot table?

Nope, they've never dropped loot.
Belloc

Postby Vasilissa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Is there any way of killing him after the patch?

That's basically my gear/spec and tbh maggy with channelers & infernals are easting me alive

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Vasilisa
Vasilissa

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Vasilissa wrote:Is there any way of killing him after the patch?

That's basically my gear/spec and tbh maggy with channelers & infernals are easting me alive

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Vasilisa

I can't check your armory at work. I found that he was quite easy after the patch (to be honest I didn't even try before the patch) - got him down in under 15 minutes using a mix of prot and ret gear. I also specced for WoG for the fight. I tanked him (and the rest) with my back to the door, keeping up resistance aura, used Holy Wrath every time it was up. Also used consecration, mostly seal of (brain freeze - the one that returns hp and mana) and prioritized SotR before WoG if I was at or near full hp.
Anubisknight

Postby Vasilissa » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks for the tip. Next time you'll be logging off could you please log out in your 'maggy' set?
Vasilissa

Postby Anubisknight » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:22 am

Vasilissa wrote:Thanks for the tip. Next time you'll be logging off could you please log out in your 'maggy' set?

Sure thing.. Is the armory up now?
Anubisknight

Postby Vasilissa » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:38 am

Yup. Even though your signature is not working I believe I've found your profile (in full tanking gear) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ubisknight
Vasilissa

Postby mclem » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:06 am

I, too, did it for the first time post-patch. Since I'd not done it before I got caught out by the despawn a few times until I nailed the kill, but it's quite doable. Went into full survival/self-healing mode; WoG on 3HP unless full on health, SoI throughout. Overall it took about 18 minutes.

Do think of Holy Wrath as a survivability CD, I found it very effective!
mclem

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:51 pm

I'll have to try it again tonight. The change to Resistance Aura is actually a big help, as a large portion of the damage taken is shadow and fire. It might not be enough to offset the block changes though. Still, while our passive self-healing is a lot weaker, we now have excellent tools for combat healing, so I suspect overall the fight has gotten easier.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Vrimmel » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:58 am

I had a go at him today. Used full WoG spec and tanking gear. Used SoT, I even forgot to turn off crusader aura the first million hp. It's not very hard. Ended up failing due to despawn during earthquake :(

Second attempt went better, placed him near a wall the entire time, but my shield broke at 200k left and i died.
Vrimmel

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats