Remove Advertisements

Question about gear

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Question about gear

Postby alenzuk » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Hello everyone,

Which gear should I be going after if I dont really have time to raid.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Kuznela

Thats what I currently have, I assume go for
Lightsworn gear? Or do I wait for cata, are the new zone items going to be better than the
Lightsworn? Also any reason to not get some of the crafter IE Pillars of Might and the Chest?

Thanks
alenzuk

Re: Question about gear

Postby econ21 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:55 am

Lightsworn gear is 251 item level - typically the 264 pieces you can get for JPs given you rather more bang for your buck. Our T10 bonuses are not worth sacrificing a whole tier of other stats for imo.

The 264 belt, gloves, cloak, trinket and chest are all nice. The 264 crafted boots and legs ditto. The 245 crafted chest and bracers are decent.

I think we will replace all this gear pretty quickly in Cata, so it is not worth going all out to get it. You might want to save up your JPs (and, even more, cash) for L85 gear if you don't plan on playing much.

If you are thinking strategically about what to do to get in shape for Cata, I would suggest you acquire two professions. Mining and jewel crafting will be quite easy for you to level now and will give you nice tank bonuses now - and in Cata. They also are decent money makers and you will want cash to buy Cata's new shinies.
econ21

Re: Question about gear

Postby Digren » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Pretty much any tradeskills expect tailoring, leatherworking, or herbalism are probably okay. Mining, jewelcrafting, enchanting, and engineering tend to be the most popular for paladin tanks.
Digren

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice