Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: 2010 Halloween Thread

Postby Korola » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 am

Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby tankadin » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:13 am

Invisusira wrote:Image

Ok, that's MUCH better. Now I have to convince my girlfriend to dress up in that!

...but first I have to get her to like me again.
tankadin
Maintankadonor

Postby Rachmaninoff » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 am

thats who I'm going to be for holloween
Rachmaninoff

Postby Hayz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm going to be going to my schools halloween party, need a good idea for a costume though, thinking of Rorschach.
Also, i find it funny that one of these has already been referenced, but saw this today and it made me laugh, even though about half of them i have no problem with: http://techland.com/2010/10/15/top-10-n ... -bad-idea/
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby mew » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 am

tankadin wrote:

Ok, that's MUCH better. Now I have to convince my girlfriend to dress up in that!

...but first I have to get her to like me again.

(In the interest of being a no-fun-nancy) Do you realize how expensive Storm Trooper armor is?! D: Don't waste it on your girlfriend who wouldn't even really appreciate it. Who needs love when you have your own storm trooper suit.

But for serious, sucks that your girlfriend doesn't like you :( Why/How is she still your girlfriend?

@Hayz: Rorschach is always a good one.
ImageImage
mew

Postby bldavis » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:28 am

tankadin wrote:

Ok, that's MUCH better. Now I have to convince my fiance to dress up in that!

fixt for me!
and the best thing is she is a bigger nerd then i am! she loves star wars, WoW, SC2, and when my family joked about us getting married as our main WoW toons she loved the idea! oc we did meet on our mains(my pally her mage) :D

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby tankadin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:09 pm

mew wrote:(In the interest of being a no-fun-nancy) Do you realize how expensive Storm Trooper armor is?! D: Don't waste it on your girlfriend who wouldn't even really appreciate it. Who needs love when you have your own storm trooper suit.

But for serious, sucks that your girlfriend doesn't like you :( Why/How is she still your girlfriend?

@Hayz: Rorschach is always a good one.

She would appreciate it, she's a big sci-fi fan and plays wow. We've just been arguing a lot lately, she claims I'm not over my ex-wife and keeps threatening me to hurry up before I lose her forever. (The Ex) And I were separated for two years and the divorce JUST went to court last week finally. I got full custody of our son, but I'm not fully divorced yet until the child support papers go through in a month.

Having said that, the girlfriend tests my patience a lot, we argue over everything since we started dating, which was just a month ago. We've been friends for years, but it seems we're not so compatible together this close. She's constantly "Attacking" me so to speak, and I'm always, daily, defending myself against her. It's tiring and stressful and argh! I just can't seem to do anything right in her eyes right now, and this is why I say she doesnt like me.. I'm begining to think she really doesnt.
tankadin
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:14 pm

The fact that you're referring to her as "the girlfriend" as opposed to "my girlfriend" kind of tells me that you're not even really into the idea of the two of you as a couple.

And frankly, it doesn't sound like either of you is happy with the other.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:30 pm

mew wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Except that it's not. I haven't dressed up for Halloween probably since I was around 11 or 12. Always felt sort of childish to do it once I became a teen so I've stuck to taking younger family members out.

I'd dress up for a Halloween party though but I havem't been to a costume party.

So it's been what, about 2 years? :V :V :V

I went trick or treating my sophmore year in college. Some houses loved it (one guy in our group had full facial hair), especially my friend in her Sexy Witch costume, and a few houses gave us the worst dirty looks ever (while still handing us candy). My favorite was when we knocked on one door and it was a standard drunken college Halloween party. A girl in a slutty nurse costume answered the door, gave us candy, and one of the guys I was with was all "Oh hey, you're in my anthropology class!"

I love Halloween, it's the highlight holiday of my year :( I love costumes (lol), I love parties, I love candy. But Vanifae thinks of Halloween as the holiday you have to get past before you get to the good stuff (Thanksgiving and Christmas).

LB, you should come to Blizzcon so we can hang out.

Mew where do you live btw?

In California?
Lightbeard

Postby tankadin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Nikachelle wrote:The fact that you're referring to her as "the girlfriend" as opposed to "my girlfriend" kind of tells me that you're not even really into the idea of the two of you as a couple.

And frankly, it doesn't sound like either of you is happy with the other.

I would have to agree entirely.

However, "the girlfriend" was kindof a slip. I've always referred to my girlfriends, or my ex-wife even, when speaking about them to other people as "the wife" or "The ex" or "The girlfriend" etc. It's just the way I've done it and really meant no form of discontent with it.

But don't worry, I've been thinking about it consistently today and we're going to have a discussion about things.

Anyway! I didn't mean to turn this into the Relationship Thread V4.0.1.. moving on!

I want to be a fire truck for halloween.
tankadin
Maintankadonor

Postby mew » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Lightbeard wrote:Mew where do you live btw?

In California?

Nope, I couldn't imagine living in a crowded expensive state :( I have lived in the south for far too long. I live in the Southeast. Not the super deep Southeast like Florida, Louisiana, or Mississippi but close. I do want to get far out of the South someday though...

Good luck with the girlfriend discussion stuff! Sounds like she has a few issues :( But I guess most people do.
I wish I could be a real live firetruck.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Koatanga » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:18 pm

My daughter the zombie princes:

Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:19 am

Wow, that's pretty good!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:55 am

mew wrote:
Lightbeard wrote:Mew where do you live btw?

In California?

Nope, I couldn't imagine living in a crowded expensive state :( I have lived in the south for far too long. I live in the Southeast. Not the super deep Southeast like Florida, Louisiana, or Mississippi but close. I do want to get far out of the South someday though...

Good luck with the girlfriend discussion stuff! Sounds like she has a few issues :( But I guess most people do.
I wish I could be a real live firetruck.

I wish Blizzcon(or another big convention) came to the east coast like Philadelphia or something. I'd definitely go.
Lightbeard

Postby mew » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Lightbeard wrote:I wish Blizzcon(or another big convention) came to the east coast like Philadelphia or something. I'd definitely go.
There's New York Comicon that just happened, that's a pretty big one (a nice variety of nerd stuff and anime). I believe PAX also does an east coast con (much more gaming focused). Then of course there are also 50jillion anime conventions in that area as well.

The big thing about Blizzcon that really makes it one-of-a-kind (and this also has its ups and downs) is that it's the only gaming convention of this scale that is run by a single company. So you end up with 3 massive stages and huge events going on each one rather than the smaller conventions where you have hundreds of tiny panels spread out over the course of the weekend.
ImageImage
mew

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum