Patch 4.0 and ICC

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby Meloree » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:10 pm

inthedrops wrote:Meloree, what aspects of the fight make it easier? I can't think of anything off-hand but perhaps for other classes/roles it is. I know you're also the raid lead so you'd know.


1) Higher raid dps. Every phase is shorter, that helps.
1a) Casters especially have massively higher mobile DPS - helps in all phases.
2) Holy Paladins trivialize Infest, it's just about impossible to have a problem with it anymore - given that, healing is generally easier (keep tanks alive and win).
3) Raidbuffs are both fewer and provided by more specs, so raid setup isn't as fragile.
4) Healers have more mobile healing options for the P2 2nd/4th wave valks. Tank health just seems more stable.

After the obligatory "whoops, I need to relearn something" wipes, I really feel like the fight is less challenging in the 4.0 environment than the 3.3.3/3.3.5 environment, and that a number of guilds will get the chance to earn their titles in the next few weeks, who might not have done so ever in the 3.3.5 setting.
Meloree
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby Brutalus » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:53 am

How are guilds handling the stuns on val'kyrs now? We didn't have a prot warrior for Monday's raids, so we opted to use 3 holy wraths rather than to have holy paladins and rets rotating (we have 2 holydins and 2 rets). We were really struggling with the valks. The next day we had a prot warrior and oneshotted it, although I doubt that the 1 second of extra stun makes that huge of a difference. Also, it's not as if we got them perfect; as we entered the second transition with 7 people having been dropped off the edge - the extra dps certainly made the fight easier in that respect. Upon looking at the logs, it appears some of our dps weren't pulling their weight very well on the valks, as I'm 5th on damage done on valks.
Looking at things now, assuming 3 raidmarks of green triangle, purple diamond, and orange circle, we will probably do something like:

Green Triangle: My HoJ (2/2 improved, so available for each one)
Purple Diamond: Prot warrior's concussion blow (Ret paladin X on backup)
Orange Circle: Holy paladins rotating HoJ (Ret paladin Y on backup)
Brutalus
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:02 am

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby Kihra » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:13 am

Brutalus wrote:How are guilds handling the stuns on val'kyrs now? We didn't have a prot warrior for Monday's raids, so we opted to use 3 holy wraths rather than to have holy paladins and rets rotating (we have 2 holydins and 2 rets). We were really struggling with the valks. The next day we had a prot warrior and oneshotted it, although I doubt that the 1 second of extra stun makes that huge of a difference. Also, it's not as if we got them perfect; as we entered the second transition with 7 people having been dropped off the edge - the extra dps certainly made the fight easier in that respect. Upon looking at the logs, it appears some of our dps weren't pulling their weight very well on the valks, as I'm 5th on damage done on valks.
Looking at things now, assuming 3 raidmarks of green triangle, purple diamond, and orange circle, we will probably do something like:

Green Triangle: My HoJ (2/2 improved, so available for each one)
Purple Diamond: Prot warrior's concussion blow (Ret paladin X on backup)
Orange Circle: Holy paladins rotating HoJ (Ret paladin Y on backup)


We just did 3 Holy Wraths, and it worked fine.
Kihra
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:01 pm

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby baleogthefierce » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Make sure everyone in your raid knows about the new abilities in their arsenal that are on targeted stun DR.

We were getting only 2 stuns off last night before incurring DR and were scratching our heads over it. Then we realized that our Demonology Warlock had picked up Aura of Foreboding http://www.wowhead.com/spell=89605.
baleogthefierce
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:44 am
Location: Farming Molten Core for my Eye

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby patches » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:37 am

Holy paladins trivilaize infest?

How?!
Light of Dawn?

I guess ours are doing it wrong!
patches
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby Meloree » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:49 am

patches wrote:Holy paladins trivilaize infest?

How?!
Light of Dawn?

I guess ours are doing it wrong!


LoD with Glyph. It's up for every infest, and it's a lot of burst healing.
Meloree
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby patches » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Meloree wrote:
patches wrote:Holy paladins trivilaize infest?

How?!
Light of Dawn?

I guess ours are doing it wrong!


LoD with Glyph. It's up for every infest, and it's a lot of burst healing.


thanks i'll have them try it!
I've been going in on my disc priest and my shields have been too strong so I've had to infest heal without my weapon/offhand/wand on
lol
patches
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby Adryl » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah LoD is a godsend for doing infest. However, On the run I recently did, we had hella issues on LK. I think most of it was our shaman raid healer. Wasn't exactly super geared (blue trink and a few 200 ilvl). People we're dropping like flies. Plus it doesn't help when no one moves for the debuff necrotic plague or whatever it is called. *me on vent* "move.....Move!.... MOVE!!!!!!" *wipe*.
Image
User avatar
Adryl
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:32 am
Location: Not getting any work done

Re: Patch 4.0 and ICC

Postby Neptuno » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:37 am

Adryl wrote:Yeah LoD is a godsend for doing infest. However, On the run I recently did, we had hella issues on LK. I think most of it was our shaman raid healer. Wasn't exactly super geared (blue trink and a few 200 ilvl). People we're dropping like flies. Plus it doesn't help when no one moves for the debuff necrotic plague or whatever it is called. *me on vent* "move.....Move!.... MOVE!!!!!!" *wipe*.


shamans are almost better suited to tank heal now, but yeah, bringing in a fresh 80 to infest heal sounds more the fault of the RL than the shammy.
User avatar
Neptuno
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 12:28 pm

Previous

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest