Remove Advertisements

HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon (Updated for MoP)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: HolyTrinity - Holy Power addon

Postby PsiVen » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:57 am

I will throw in Holy Shock with the next build, though it will probably default to disabled... Not sure why you want to track a 6sec cooldown ;)

Updates:
-- v1.04 --
Corrected the default Holy Power spacing to be left-to-right (negative values flip the spacing direction).
Fixed a bug where timers would expire with nil durations and produce LUA errors.

-- v1.03 --
Added configuration options for spacing the Holy Power bars. They can now be stacked vertically and reversed.
Added configuration options for resizing the Holy Power bars. This stretches the texture and may not look ideal in all shapes and sizes.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Barboza » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Edit: Hey there, I'd like to thank you for considering Holy Shock as CD for HolyTrinity but after thinking abit more about it there is better ways for tracking such small CD and it would be just a loss of time. Honestly I dont wanna make it any "heavier" specially because its a really well designed addon that many pallys can use regardless of the spec.
Tbh yesterday was the first day I've came to this website and what I can say is that I really enjoined what I saw^^. I am considering playing prot as OS on Cataclysm so I will definatly come here to read the forums and check on new updates.
Thanks for everything :)

Best Regards, Barboza
Barboza

Postby Raeli » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:18 am

Is it possible to remove LibBetterBlizzOptions from the addon please?

I like this a lot, but I don't really like the idea of having to delete this from the addon each time I update it.
Raeli

Postby Necrolite » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:26 am

Holy cow ... (no pun intended)

This is exactly what I need. stylish, functional, suits the type of ui as a whole that i want to put together. thank you for sharing this :D
Necrolite

Postby PsiVen » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:00 am

Cheers :) Another update today:
-- v1.05 --
Added optional sound effects for when you hit 3 Holy Power.
Fixed a bug where others paladins' abilities could trigger errors.
Added Holy Shock support by request (disabled by default).

Raeli wrote:Is it possible to remove LibBetterBlizzOptions from the addon please?

I like this a lot, but I don't really like the idea of having to delete this from the addon each time I update it.

Gone in the next release. Sorry, didn't notice this one was outdated anyway. I don't think it actually does anything in 4.0.1.
PsiVen

Postby mclem » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Just to add to the litany of requests: Would it be possible to have some sort of convenient (and optional) indicator that Holy Shield is up? If something happens to break my rotation I do tend to lose track of when it expires while trying to get back on-track.
mclem

Postby Necrolite » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Just noticed the update you posted after my initial post, problem i was having was other paladins stuff was causing a massive fps drop until i reloaded my ui - just put the 1.05 in and so far, so good. no massive fps drops. :D
Necrolite

Postby Necrolite » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Would it be feasible to add a bar that's just above the HP bars to show vendgeance? say, same width, that "fills" up as vengeance stacks? when there's no vengeance just collapses. perhaps some minimalistic text to show "current / max" attack power changing on the fly as your AP is changed?

i made a quick mockup in paint to illustrate what i meant, it's crude, forgive me :D

Necrolite

Postby PsiVen » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:38 pm

I think that placement would be distracting for actually seeing your Holy Power, but if I can find a configuration that seems sensible I'll look into it. Vengeance is a different animal so I hope there is a simpler API for it than just scanning player buffs.

I have thought about calculating the number for WoG/ShoR based on your current Holy Power and stats, but the more I considered that the more I realized it would be fairly useless and only a curiosity. A simple percentage for Vengeance could probably find itself useful though.

I am aware of a bug in the current version that will cause the spam errors again if you cast various glyphs whose spells are named the same as the cooldown spells they affect. Hopefully in fixing this one I will be able to prevent all the different machine-gun errors from cropping up again.
PsiVen

Postby Raeli » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:36 am

I use this as my LUA text for Pitbull to show Vengeance stacks in the form of V:### and have it set to update on UNIT_AURA event.

It pretty much scans for the Vengeance buff, reads it's tooltip, and removes everything but the number, and then displays it.

Code: Select all
local WaV = CreateFrame( "GameTooltip", "WAV", nil, "GameTooltipTemplate" );
WaV:SetOwner( WorldFrame, "ANCHOR_NONE" );
local vengeanceon = UnitBuff("player", "Vengeance")
if vengeanceon then
WaV:SetUnitBuff("player", vengeanceon)
    local text = WAVTextLeft2:GetText()
    text = string.match(text, "%d+")
    return "V:" .. text   
end
WaV:Hide()
Raeli

Postby Pollypally » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:49 am

does this show holy shield?
Pollypally

Postby sealava » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:55 am

one of the best tankadin addon in a long time.
however this my sound stupid ... but how can you move the bars ? :oops:
sealava

Postby Magnusharkov » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:56 am

Thanks for the updates Psiven, I'm particularly liking the option for a sound effect on 3xholy power. A couple of requests:

1) Is it possible to add an option to boost the volume of the 3x holy power sound effect?
2) Would it also be doable to add a sound effect for Eternal Glory procs? I accept this is beginning to stray from the original minimal intent of the addon but I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks
Magnusharkov

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:46 am

Unfortunately that's impossible, as far as I know. The best I could do would be to package a really loud sound effect with the addon, which I don't really want to do for multiple sounds.

Eternal Glory procs have a sound effect already, don't they? Maybe that's just the regular WoG sound.

Sealava: First of the options is x/y coordinates.
PsiVen

Postby Xish » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:42 am

Awesome addon, I was running the 1.0.4 release the first night I tried raiding in 4.0.1 and had to disable it b/c of machine-gun errors. I was completely lost w/o it! (DL'd new one and haven't had issues, TY!)

Just one request. I changed the size of the HoPo boxes to give them more of a golden ratio appearance, and I was fiddling w/ making them even larger, but I found if you make them larger, you get an odd black "fuzz" around the boxes that increases as you increase the HoPo box size. Would there be a way to add an option replace the default HoPo box frame with others, or would there be a way to adjust the current default frame so the "fuzz" would stop appearing at larger scales? Thanks again for the awesome addon!
Xish

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros