[4.0] Anyone have a more definitive answer on Weapon Speed?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

[4.0] Anyone have a more definitive answer on Weapon Speed?

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:09 am

I have been trying to answer the weapon speed question for the remainder of our time at 80.

I can say that on the beta, I have yet to find a Fast tanking weapon. I'm currently using a very nice Axe I got from a heroic that is

Stam
Str
Expertise
Mastery

But, for the rest of our time at 80, it is an interesting question. I have been doing some informal DPS/TPS testing with several Weapons on Live.

Gutbuster
Bone Breaking Scepter
Troggbane

Here is what I can tell you.

Assuming that you are hit capped using the hit on the weapons, here is what I can tell you.

troggbane > Gutbuster > Bone Breaking Scepter, but it wasn't by a very large margin. I would assume that Troggbane (enchanted with Accuracy to reach hit cap)having Str on it is what pulled it ahead of Gutbuster, because the marging was ~50dps, and the difference between gutbuster and BBS was only about 25DPS. Again, I'm assuming that the difference in having STR and not being the major culprit here.

Has anyone else put forth any testing? I'm curious what other people are seeing here.
Shoju

Re: [4.0] Anyone have a more definitive answer on Weapon Speed?

Postby sculder » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:15 am

I'm actually using a havoc's call with accuracy over heroic last word. HC gives me more avoidance, more tps, and I can reforge it :)
sculder

Postby Fenris » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:25 am

Since it seems arena weapons no longer require rating,i'd say W.G.Pummeler could be an option,high stamina,slow speed and crit for reforging....
Basically,Gutbusters heroic -avoidance and a bit of stamina +attack power

TBH,i just went and got one from the vendor,just to try it...CS seems to hit 2-300 points harder than h-bonebreaker,shield a few points more....Could need more testing (°_°)

P.s:high chance that the buy-it-without-rating will come up as a bug,so dont try it unless you have honor points to waste
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Redleg » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Fenris wrote:P.s:high chance that the buy-it-without-rating will come up as a bug,so dont try it unless you have honor points to waste

Blue post, we are safe to get it without rating.

Zarhym wrote:As Zenlyth mentioned, being able to purchase Wrathful gear without the listed rating requirement is not a bug. Currently the tooltips are incorrectly still listing the rating requirement, but only Honor points are required for purchase.
Redleg

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Yes,i've seen it this morning too.

Guess it could turn into a good option for people without heroic weapons
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Redleg » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:54 pm

Fenris wrote:Yes,i've seen it this morning too.

Guess it could turn into a good option for people without heroic weapons

Yeah I just have Facelifter/Bonebreaker, so I picked up the wrathful weapon. More stam than my other weapons, and definately more threat.
Redleg

Postby theckhd » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Slow weapons will still be slightly better for threat due to seal procs. I suspect it won't be as large a margin as it was in 3.3 though. I should have some data for Wrath weapons soon(TM).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice