Remove Advertisements

A Call to Arms - Cataclysm Mechanics testing

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: A call to arms - Beta/PTR parses on WoL

Postby tlitp » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:02 am

tlitp wrote:(...) teh interwebz seem to have exploded as Ret-centric paladins cry tears of joy. In other words, the common abilities (CS/HoW primarily, perhaps even HW/Cons/Exo) will have to be retested. I do suggest to wait a bit for things to cool down, though.

Mutatis mutandis...
tlitp

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:05 am

woo

ret buffs look awesome
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby tlitp » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:08 am

In case that anyone was wondering, we still need systematic data. The previous list is still current. Appending to it :

Base armor.

Vengeance's scaling.
  • level : 80 (live)
  • spec : anything prot-centric
  • gear : naked (see below)
  • attack sequence : none
  • how-to : ask two friends/guildies (one Rogue, one healer) to help you out. Instruct the Rogue to attack you from behind
  • goal : assess the maximum AP value granted by Vengeance. All the following steps must be carried out sequentially :
    • step I : being fully naked, check total AP
    • step II : start fully naked, reach the corresponding maximum, check AP
    • step III : buff yourself with Fortification, recheck AP
    • step IV : equip one or two trinkets that grant Stamina (the more, the better), recheck AP
    • step V : buff yourself with Kings, recheck AP
Last edited by tlitp on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tlitp

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:17 am

tlitp wrote:goal : assess the maximum AP value granted by Vengeance. All the following steps must be carried out sequentially

Any reason why we don't think it is 10% of your health?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:38 am

Flex wrote:
tlitp wrote:goal : assess the maximum AP value granted by Vengeance. All the following steps must be carried out sequentially

Any reason why we don't think it is 10% of your health?

the scientific method requires evidence to turn a hypothesis into a theory. what we think is true is irrelevant.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:31 am

Even naked I had issues with him just not hitting me enough to get vengeance stacking upwards, the level difference is just too great. I'd get up to around 600 extra AP and a few seconds later its back down to mid 400s.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby tlitp » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:20 am

Flex wrote:Even naked I had issues with him just not hitting me enough to get vengeance stacking upwards, the level difference is just too great.

Mea culpa, that was an oversight. The level difference doesn't have a particularly good synergy with the rather low attack rate. In the light of this, PvP seems to be the best option. Edited the initial post accordingly.
tlitp

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:39 pm

tlitp wrote:Base armor.

King Dred - 10207
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby tlitp » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Theck :
  • (post-3.1) WotLK : npc.base=305*npc.lvl-14672
  • Beast Lore on 4.0 live : 10207@82, 10502@83
  • 4.0 possible fit : npc.base=295*npc.lvl-13983
  • @88 estimate : 11977, matching well the value proposed by Aldriana
Of course, we still need additional data sets in order to verify this scaling pattern.

EDIT
Aldriana wrote:In my own testing I've narrowed the range to between 11975.49 and 11979.87, so 11977 would be distinctly possible.
tlitp

Postby steadypal » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:33 pm

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fi1o ... details/0/

looks like hotr still might be ahead,,, that was just like 10 minutes of alternating cs/hotr casts and autoattacks only, they are about =, with hotr a tad more
steadypal

Postby Arianne » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:03 am

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3791&sid=1

Expertise in 4.0.1 requires 172 rating (22 expertise) to soft cap....?
Arianne

Postby theckhd » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 am

With all of the Ret changes (hopefully) finished now, I want to do a sanity check on the code to make sure we haven't missed anything. In particular, I have suspicions that Censure was buffed a little, but there may be other things we missed.

Note that I need this information from Live servers, not from beta

What I need: Parses of all of our abilities at several AP/SP values. This includes Exorcism, HoWrath, each Seal/Judgement combo, etc.
How I need it:
  1. Find an isolated dummy with no debuffs. Multiple dummies are fine for HammerNova and Holy Wrath, as long as you remain in the same place and consistently hit the same number of dummies.
  2. Equip a particular gear set, ideally one with no procs to speak of and no set bonuses.
  3. Record and upload a parse containing 50+ casts of each ability, the more the better.
  4. Link the parse here or in the MATLAB thread, along with all of the following information (any parses that don't include this information are effectively useless to me):
    • AP
    • SP
    • Weapon tooltip damage (i.e. x-y)
    • Weapon tooltip speed (i.e. 2.6)
    • Weapon Name (so I can double-check that you haven't given me paper doll values)
    • Talent Spec
    • Glyphs
    • Dummy level
  5. Repeat this process for several gear sets with widely varying AP/SP. Ideally I'd like one with low AP/SP, one with high AP / low SP, and one with low AP / high SP. Even better if you can equip items such that one of the stats is the same between parses (i.e. equip a bunch of INT gear to raise SP without changing AP at all).
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby theckhd » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:03 am

I still need the data set requested in the last post, by the way.
theckhd

Postby callimar » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:31 am

I don't have any int gear. But if this is ret you are talking about I can put on tank gear to break up set bonuses. I can also unequip my trinkets to remove the procs. If this will meet part of your intent let me know and I will at least get you data with an AP set.
callimar

Postby theckhd » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:12 am

No, I'm still looking at protection DPS. But the recent buffs designed to boost Retribution damage also affect us, which is why I need updated data.

If you don't have int gear, you could always use greens with +int (i.e. from AH or heroics). However, even just having "naked" and "full tank gear" parses would be a start.

Ideally, someone with two +int trinkets can parse results with and without those trinkets equipped to give us the spellpower data we need.
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations