Remove Advertisements

Might or Kings in 4...?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Might or Kings in 4...?

Postby Discus » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 am

Now sanctuary is passive do we self bless Might or Kings? I've only played around with training dummies so far because of server lag since patch and found might produces about 10% more dps.
Discus

Re: Might or Kings in 4...?

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:12 am

Discus wrote:Now sanctuary is passive do we self bless Might or Kings? I've only played around with training dummies so far because of server lag since patch and found might produces about 10% more dps.

If a Druid is in the Group? Might
If not Kings I guess.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Discus » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks, I hadn't realised druids were so OP. I did have a look though these forums before posting the question, but didn't come up with a definitive answer.
Discus

Postby Arcand » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:22 am

Same answer it's always been:
If you're more worried about dying, Kings. If you're more worried about losing aggro, Might.

Sounds glib, but it's true. :)
Arcand

Postby Palisade » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:34 am

Discus wrote:Thanks, I hadn't realised druids were so OP. I did have a look though these forums before posting the question, but didn't come up with a definitive answer.

This.

Kings and MotW no longer stack, but are the same buff now (effectively.) I've been running all my roics with BoM, since there always seems to be a tree or a boomkin.
Palisade

Postby econ21 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:26 am

Thanks for the thread! Question and answer seem worthy of going in the basics FAQ.
econ21

Postby knaughty » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:30 am

econ21 wrote:Thanks for the thread! Question and answer seem worthy of going in the basics FAQ.

Spotted, noted & agreed.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby econ21 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:33 am

Do any other classes provide the same buff as Might or not stack with it?

I thought pre-patch, you either cast Might or relied on a warrior's Battle Shout. Reading the tooltips now, Battle Shout seems to raise strength and agility whereas Might raises attack power. Do they still not stack? If they don't stack, is might better?

Also, pre-patch Shamans could put down a mana generating totem that made Blessing of Wisdom redundant. Is that still true?
econ21

Postby Chicken » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:45 am

econ21 wrote:Do any other classes provide the same buff as Might or not stack with it?

I thought pre-patch, you either cast Might or relied on a warrior's Battle Shout. Reading the tooltips now, Battle Shout seems to raise strength and agility whereas Might raises attack power. Do they still not stack? If they don't stack, is might better?

Also, pre-patch Shamans could put down a mana generating totem that made Blessing of Wisdom redundant. Is that still true?
Might and Battle Shout are entirely unrelated now. Might's attack power buff is instead in the same category as Unleashed Rage from an Enhancement Shaman, Abomination's Might from a Blood DK or Trueshot Aura from a Marksmanship hunter; the effects of none of those stack though I do believe they coexist without any issues. The mana recovery effect is indeed shared as well by Mana Spring Totem from a Shaman, and a Warlock with a Fel Hunter provides it as well now.

All these buffs are the same strength, though Blessing of Might is the only in either category that doesn't fade when the person providing it dies.

On a similar note, Blessing of Kings has the same effect as Mark of the Wild too now. They also don't stack.
Chicken

Return to Basic Training & Talents