Remove Advertisements

Armor trinkets 4.0. Good?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Armor trinkets 4.0. Good?

Postby Vrimmel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:41 am

Since our armor has been nerfed to pieces, but armor trinket still are the same. How do they compare with stamina trinkets considering reduced DR and players being at a lower percentage of armor damage reduction?
Vrimmel

Re: Armor trinkets 4.0. Good?

Postby Zoltar » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:53 am

Vrimmel wrote:armor trinket still are the same.

Not mine. I was running with the trinket from normal putricide and the one from 25 man RS for my mitigation set and now neither of them have any armor.

Gutted.
Zoltar

Postby Asandriss » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:28 am

Zoltar wrote:Not mine. I was running with the trinket from normal putricide and the one from 25 man RS for my mitigation set and now neither of them have any armor.

The RS trinket doesn't show any armor on it, but the armor is still there. I just tested it (simply unequip your trinket and see the armor goes down), the armor is there and it's the same as it used to be.
Asandriss

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:04 am

Zoltar wrote:
Vrimmel wrote:armor trinket still are the same.

Not mine. I was running with the trinket from normal putricide and the one from 25 man RS for my mitigation set and now neither of them have any armor.

Gutted.

You might want to double check that.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Chicken » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:10 am

Asandriss wrote:
Zoltar wrote:Not mine. I was running with the trinket from normal putricide and the one from 25 man RS for my mitigation set and now neither of them have any armor.

The RS trinket doesn't show any armor on it, but the armor is still there. I just tested it (simply unequip your trinket and see the armor goes down), the armor is there and it's the same as it used to be.
This appears to vary by the way based on whether you originally saw the item before or after they hotfixed the armor on it. I don't have the Ruby Sanctum trinket myself, but another tank linked it yesterday saying that he couldn't see any armor on it, but when I checked the tooltip I could see the armor it had just fine.
Chicken

Postby Chasey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:18 am

My armor has shown back up on all 3 of my "armor" trinkets. I guess I'll ask what the op asked thou...

Since our armor has been nerfed to pieces, but armor trinket still are the same. How do they compare with stamina trinkets considering reduced DR and players being at a lower percentage of armor damage reduction?
Chasey

Postby Ventras » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:45 am

Armor trinkets regained their armor back, I think it's now more powerful than what it was pre-4.0.1. In addition, since we are sitting at 20-22% dodge after reforging into mastery, the proc on Petrified Twilight Scale became more valuable.
“In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.”
Ventras

Postby Awyndel » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Seems they are working. Some ppl can see the stats, some can't.

It also became bonus armor now. Wich means toughness doesn't affect it I think. Did it affect trinkets in the first place?
Awyndel

Postby Chicken » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:10 am

Awyndel wrote:Seems they are working. Some ppl can see the stats, some can't.

It also became bonus armor now. Wich means toughness doesn't affect it I think. Did it affect trinkets in the first place?
As far as I'm aware trinkets, rings and amulets have been treated as bonus armor since they made toughness only affect normal armor; the only change made by 4.0 is that the armor is now colored green like it normally would be for bonus armor.
Chicken

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice