Holy Power while AOEing

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Holy Power while AOEing

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:26 am

Before anyone attacks me for not searching... I HAVE. This place is a goddamn mess right now with so many topics being created and I have no idea where I should appropriately post this. Close or move as necessary please. And/or mock me for asking a dumb question.

Now... I tried out my paladin last night. Wasn't amazing. But, my question is... aside from Shield Slam, do we have ANY other release for holy power? ie... something in the aoe variety? Maybe I'm slightly challenged, but there didn't seem to be anything with aoe ability that was affected by holy power.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: Holy Power while AOEing

Postby Chicken » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:33 am

There isn't anything that does damage right now no. You can use Word of Glory for the moment for some AoE threat. Blizzard planned us around Inquisition being our AoE Holy Power dump, but that's not available until 81.
Chicken

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:36 am

Well curses.

Right now it's clunky, and I feel obligated to use Shield Slam just to dump the Holy Power, otherwise it feels wasted.

Thanks for the answer!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Word of Glory is actually pretty good AoE threat if you feel that's what you need. Not Inquisition good, mind you. But it's an alternative to tab-shielding.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:31 pm

for aoe tanking, i prioritize hotr, and as and as procs... and hold off shield slams until i get a sacred duty proc :P lol

all kinda meh atm though cause im to lazy and just have focused shield glyph in, and dont want to change for heroics..
steadypal

Postby Soft » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:26 am

In addition to providing some light aoe-based healing threat, if you don't want to use shield slam with your AOE, then the other good thing about using word of glory is that when talented with Guarded by the Light, it puts holy shield up.
Soft

Postby Akeber » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:57 am

theckhd wrote:Word of Glory is actually pretty good AoE threat if you feel that's what you need. Not Inquisition good, mind you. But it's an alternative to tab-shielding.

Realistically, how much threat is a full heal WoG providing? We're talking about healing threat, I know that a 200% RF modifier it will be something, but I can't see it being anything significant, or reliable. If it all goes to overheal then it would get you nothing, unless the bubble abosrb generates threat.
Akeber

Postby Invisusira » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:20 am

Akeber wrote:
theckhd wrote:Word of Glory is actually pretty good AoE threat if you feel that's what you need. Not Inquisition good, mind you. But it's an alternative to tab-shielding.

Realistically, how much threat is a full heal WoG providing? We're talking about healing threat, I know that a 200% RF modifier it will be something, but I can't see it being anything significant, or reliable. If it all goes to overheal then it would get you nothing, unless the bubble abosrb generates threat.

It's actually very noticable.
Invisusira

Postby Akeber » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:59 am

Invisusira wrote:It's actually very noticable.

I was hoping for a quote or a link to some hard numbers from testing that someone had done. Maybe I'll do some myself when the servers come up.
Akeber

Postby theckhd » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:36 pm

There's some discussion of it in the EJ field manual thread. It's certainly small compared to ShoR for single targets, but has the advantage of being more evenly applied to large groups of mobs.

I think the numbers in the EJ thread were something like 100k threat from an average ShoR and 33k threat from an average WoG, but those are from memory so take them with a grain of salt.

Still, 33k divided amongst 5 mobs is still over 6k threat per mob, better than a Holy Wrath and on par with HotR.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby jere » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:12 pm

How big of a WoG are we talking with those numbers.

I just tested on live and a WoG heal for 8029 (no overhealing) gives 2007.25 threat without righteous fury, which would be 6021.75 threat with Righteous fury. Split that 5 ways and it goes to 1200 (or was it less, I forget how it divided exactly).

To get 33k threat with WoG you would need to heal for 44k with RF up, unless they are forgetting to put in the implicit decimal point.

jere

Postby Flex » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:57 pm

25% paladin threat reduction on heals was removed, does the same threat as all heals.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby jere » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Flex wrote:25% paladin threat reduction on heals was removed, does the same threat as all heals.

Not in 4.0.1 currently. Just tested it multiple times. Heals still have 25% modifier as of tonight. You can see it in the log image I posted in my last post. 25% flat out.
jere

Postby Flex » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:58 pm

jere wrote:
Flex wrote:25% paladin threat reduction on heals was removed, does the same threat as all heals.

Not in 4.0.1 currently. Just tested it multiple times. Heals still have 25% modifier as of tonight. You can see it in the log image I posted in my last post. 25% flat out.

huh, then you should probably report that as a bug as it was stated to be removed.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby theckhd » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:38 am

jere wrote:How big of a WoG are we talking with those numbers.

I'm honestly not sure, I was using Wrathblood's numbers from memory. Those likely aren't including our 25% modifier since it was supposed to be removed.
theckhd

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents