Remove Advertisements

Help :(

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Help :(

Postby Aberdon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:18 pm

I'm completely lost, I reactivated 2 weeks ago after a very long (1.5 year hiatus) and found myself happily back in the thick of things as the Prot Pally of old, holy shield, redoubt, etc. I was just leveling happily , almost to 71 then this patch hit...

My entire wow world has come crashing down... I did the 31 points in prot as I did some research and am sitting at a FIVE PERCENT Base block rating.... I have no idea what changes they made to my gear other than shield block rating is gone...

How in gods name do I get my block back up to where it used to be, those of you that have been playing continuously, i beg of you... H E L P!

;0
Aberdon

Re: Help :(

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:24 pm

First, visit your trainer. The only reason I can think that you'd have 5% block chance is that you don't have the Mastery skill to let you benefit from mastery. I would've assumed you would get the +16% from prot spec anyway.

Next, check Knaughty's new FAQ in the X forum (I'll go get the link). It should cover the basics.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Rasmfrackn wrote:First, visit your trainer. The only reason I can think that you'd have 5% block chance is that you don't have the Mastery skill to let you benefit from mastery. I would've assumed you would get the +16% from prot spec anyway.

Next, check Knaughty's new FAQ in the X forum (I'll go get the link). It should cover the basics.

he's not L80 so he doesn't have Mastery yet
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Good point. And Knaughty's guide looks to just be placeholders for now.

Is that really true that the entire Mastery bonus isn't even available until 80? I know they don't balance below endgame for some weird reason, but that seems kinda harsh.

Anyway, I'd just do a quick perusal of some of the threads with words like rotation, 4.0.1, and so on in the title. That should give you an idea of what buttons to press. Everything else you'll probably just have to wait out.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby d503 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Rasmfrackn wrote:Good point. And Knaughty's guide looks to just be placeholders for now.

Is that really true that the entire Mastery bonus isn't even available until 80? I know they don't balance below endgame for some weird reason, but that seems kinda harsh.

Anyway, I'd just do a quick perusal of some of the threads with words like rotation, 4.0.1, and so on in the title. That should give you an idea of what buttons to press. Everything else you'll probably just have to wait out.

Not having Mastery doesn't really change much for us beyond min-maxing gear, since it's all passive. Rotation should be the same, I would think.
d503

Postby Phonic » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 pm

The guide has been updated for 4.0.1. Please read: http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=4&t=29728&sid=b10e1f68fd627eb40149bdef28063a54&rb_v=viewtopic

Getting to 80 would definitely help :D
Phonic

Postby Aberdon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Aye, I understand getting to 80 would be great, guess i'll just single target till then. Thanks for the guide, that actually helped quite a bit.
http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/14258 -- Since Armory is borked.
Aberdon

Return to Basic Training & Talents