Remove Advertisements

Solarian trash

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:35 pm

Our balance druid got his Boomkin name from Solarian, guess why :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Balls » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:45 pm

Worldie wrote:Our balance druid got his Boomkin name from Solarian, guess why :)

/palmface
Balls

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:35 am

Balls wrote:EDIT:
fuzzygeek wrote:Solarian is an easier fight than VR with a tankadin.

Depends bro. Our GM started threatening people with DKP reduction if they blew up the raid again. 5 fucking wipes because some idiot didn't hear the people screaming 'move' on vent.

It's still an easy fight regardless of your raid's ability to do it ^_^. If your raid is full of people who tend to get tunnel vision, nothing's going to save you. We've had people install the Solarian Warner mod that turns your entire screen blue, and they still manage to ignore it. Sensory overload, I think.

Surprisingly enough, they didn't make it into the last TK raid. Somehow. *whistles innocently*

Make people go back and practice on Geddon as pennance, imo.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Crusherus » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:19 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Balls wrote:EDIT:
fuzzygeek wrote:Solarian is an easier fight than VR with a tankadin.

Depends bro. Our GM started threatening people with DKP reduction if they blew up the raid again. 5 fucking wipes because some idiot didn't hear the people screaming 'move' on vent.

It's still an easy fight regardless of your raid's ability to do it ^_^. If your raid is full of people who tend to get tunnel vision, nothing's going to save you. We've had people install the Solarian Warner mod that turns your entire screen blue, and they still manage to ignore it. Sensory overload, I think.

Surprisingly enough, they didn't make it into the last TK raid. Somehow. *whistles innocently*

Make people go back and practice on Geddon as pennance, imo.

After a crappy night of VR attempts due to people getting orbed, the trash finally respawned on us. I ordered one of the mages in the raid to open a portal to exodar. We had everyone ride just outside into a nice big open area. We had everyone spread out in a huge circle around the normal tanks and melee dps. We then proceeded with a full hour of 'orb' practice.

Haven't had any problems with orbs since. The people who didnt' take the practice seriously have not since attended any TK raids 8). If you are going to waste time wiping on something. Might as well do it somewhere that you don't have to worry about trash respawns ^^.
Dragonmaw - US
Crusherus

Postby Aevisarace » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:45 am

The trash too hard?

You've got to be kidding me.

Our first time in there we didn't have a single wipe.

Solarian is a loot pinata, and the trash is easy with a prot paladin.

I can't believe guilds who are in TK are not taking the 35-45 min it takes to down her for the free epics.

We just started farming her, we should have done it the first time we came in to VR! Hindsight is 20/20 I guess, but any guild with a prot paladin should take the free epics every week if you're already there killing VR.

Now if she'd only drop my boots!
Aevisarace

Postby Caelia » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:43 am

Aevisarace wrote:The trash too hard?

I can't believe guilds who are in TK are not taking the 35-45 min it takes to down her for the free epics.

We just started farming her, we should have done it the first time we came in to VR! Hindsight is 20/20 I guess, but any guild with a prot paladin should take the free epics every week if you're already there killing VR.

Went to TK with my guild last night for the first time, it'd been awhile since they had a prot pally raid with them. They loved me, no aoer's died at all :D
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Rasmfrackn » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:04 pm

Aevisarace wrote:The trash too hard?

5 attempts so far, 5 bombs in the middle of the raid... sigh.

At least I finally convinced everyone that "stand on top of me" means "stand exactly where i'm standing, not 10 yards away off of the blue circle".
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Sielanas » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:21 am

ood to know, I'm hoping to sub in tonight for a TK raid, only done VR so far(kept for 3 knockbacks).
Sielanas

Postby Splug » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:36 pm

Scale up the AE groups before Moroes and you get the Solarian trash. I can't imagine it's very difficult if you have a paladin tank. I'll vouch that these pulls do indeed suck without a one, though.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Kyroro » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:17 pm

Get your holy pallies to stack up, run RF, and consecrate. It's about the same effect. Just make sure the other healers are healing them. They don't hit hard at all.
Kyroro

Previous

Return to Tempest Keep