Remove Advertisements

Need new Raid UI

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Need new Raid UI

Postby valura » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:30 am

Since starting my pally I have been of the few, the proud, the geeky who used SUF (Shadowed Unit Frames).

Unfortunately the people behind SUF have decided to stop their work on it, as they don't feel like overhauling it for Cataclysm. As such I'm out of an good Raid UI come tomorrow.

I'm looking for a visually good, and overall handy Raidframes addon, so please don't mention Xperl (ugh²). I heard some good things about Vuhdo, but I'm open to suggestions.

Please add a screenshot of the suggested addon, so I don't have to dl, and configure every single one to see if I like it.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Fire | Bova (90) Resto |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (74) Resto | Shoju (50) WW | Wærloga (40) Demo | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Qedesha (70) Disc | Lanthlasa (21) BM | Xiaohongquan (34) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Re: Need new Raid UI

Postby Chicken » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 am

Odd as it might sound, you could give the new default raid UI a shot. It's much improved from its previous incarnations. This isn't my own screenshot but here's how it looks:

You can position it wherever you want, and while it's shown for a party there it also works for raids. Various options are available including how it sorts (By group, by class or by role I believe it supports), what kind of buffs and debuffs it shows, whether it shows aggro warnings etc.
Chicken

Postby Kelaan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:17 am

How do I drag it around to be in a different place? :)
Kelaan

Postby d503 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:20 am

Kelaan wrote:How do I drag it around to be in a different place? :)

Grid-style party menu is draggable...your portrait is not...

I didn't know SUF was going away...fuck me, I loved that goddamned mod...It was like Grid and Pitbull mated, but on crack!

Now what?! I can't go back to grid...too simple. I can't go back to Pitbull, too resource intensive...
d503

Postby Kelaan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 pm

d503 wrote:fuck me, I loved that goddamned mod...It was like Grid and Pitbull mated, but on crack! Now what?! I can't go back to grid...too simple. I can't go back to Pitbull, too resource intensive...

Wait for someone to roll something in oUF, I guess? I will see what I miss/like/hate from the standard raid frames.
Kelaan

Postby d503 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:02 pm

I was using Tukui with SUF, so I'll probably just move to Tukui's raid/UF...if I don't end up liking them, I'll check something else out.
d503

Postby Lieris » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:24 pm

valura wrote:Since starting my pally I have been of the few, the proud, the geeky who used SUF (Shadowed Unit Frames).

Unfortunately the people behind SUF have decided to stop their work on it, as they don't feel like overhauling it for Cataclysm.

Ah crumbs. That sucks :(

edit: seems someone is trying to continue it http://www.wowace.com/addons/simplistic-unit-frames/
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Protigy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:11 am

I used to be an avid UI customizer doing my own thing and trying out different AddOns and layouts over and over and over. With the discovery of TukUI about 8 months ago, I haven't once thought about replacing it, ESPECIALLY now that they have released an in-game config, compared to the somewhat barbaric .lua editing done in the past.

Feel free to check it out!

http://www.tukui.org/

A Fraps of it in action pre-4.0.1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7p833Hjb5Y
^ using the "DPS" raid frames layout, and we had more than 25 in the raid, so it kinda eff'd up the positioning (which is typically vertically centered on the left, not as high as it is in the video). The "Healing" layout I have never used, but believe it resembles Grid very closely.

An example of the "Healing" layout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2em8iPCcEA
Protigy
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros