Remove Advertisements

Buff Management Addon

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Buff Management Addon

Postby Arees » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:46 am

I'm wanting an addon to split up buffs into categories, and if I can't find anything suitable I might finally start learning LUA and just make it myself.

Basically what I want the mod to do is have separate windows for tracking different kinds of buffs. For example, one window would have all the heal buffs (hots basically), another one would have temporary buffs like weapon procs, trinket procs, cooldowns... stuff like that.

The main buff window though, instead of listing what buffs you have, I want it to list what buffs your party/raid has available but that you dont have. The idea behind this is so I can tell at a glance whats missing instead of going through the list of buffs seeing what I have. It would only list buffs that are available to you.

Currently I use Elkinos buff bars. While it works ok, I still have issues with the fact that during a raid I have like a billion buffs on me, which makes it hard to tell when I'm missing anything. Eventually I'd like something similar for enemy debuffs too, but that can wait.
Arees

Re: Buff Management Addon

Postby Marsha » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Try Aptus Aura Frames

It's fairly new but works well on beta. A few bugs still though, but nothing major. It won't do all your asking though.
Marsha

Re: Buff Management Addon

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:53 pm

I used Satrina Buff Frames, it has a lot of customization for displaying buffs. I had my buffs organized onto separate frames on my screen allowing me to easily know exactly when something important was going to expire or if I was missing something.

I also used RBS (RaidBuffStatus) for managing raid wide buffs.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros