Remove Advertisements

Herald of the titans set

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Herald of the titans set

Postby Vrimmel » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:26 pm

So, seeing as there isn't much time left of wotlk I want to try to get my herald of the titans achievement. Just wanted to see if anyone have any ideas to potential improvements on my gear list. I guess the hardest part is staying within 537 defense, so I couldn't just pick the highest stam/eh gear in every slot.

Although the neck might be switched to shard of the crystal forest for more hit.

http://chardev.org/?profile=456222
Vrimmel

Re: Herald of the titans set

Postby Awyndel » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:04 pm

Looking pretty sweet there tbh.

My only advice would be to pick up the 4set bonus with the tier chest and shoulders. Even the 219 shoulders will do. Block value scales damn well on the encounter since he doesn't hit very hard, and he hits a lot. The 4set+the libram can bring you on some pretty high numbers for block for ulduar content.

When I did it I speced for divinity and had a bit less hp then you have. He doesn't hit that very hard, I don't know if they nerfed him or not. But I had no problems tanking him whatsoever. I had to take every big bang coz of raid setup and I wasn't extremely stretched for cooldowns. You just wanna make sure you get that fast heal afterwards.

I didn't have any threat problems. I would not recommend taking the hit neck, unless you don't have any tricks MD and your dps will be pushing. Remember to use holy wrath in phase 2.

Our tanks and healers had a pretty easy time with it. We did kill him 4 seconds to enrage though, so our dps was a little tight coz of the low gear.

Good luck, hope you get your title before it's gone :D .
Awyndel

Postby Donahu » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:47 am

Wait, he doesn't hit very hard?!

Last I checked he was the hardest hitting boss for that tier and probably the next....At least it feels like it. It might be because of how fast he hits I suppose which would up the value of block value a lot. Hrm. Good questions.

There is one thing though.....where did they say were removing this acheivement/title? I thought they were only removing the "He feeds on your tears" achievement for Algalon as that one would be stupid easy at level 85 with level 85 gear.
Donahu

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:29 am

>.< 20k mainhand hits combined with 10k offhand hits (10 man) with hits coming every second or less back when tanks only had 30k hp wasn't exactly "doesn't hit very hard." And those are only his melee swings...

Hell, I did it in partial T9 gear and it was still fucking scary.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Awyndel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:25 pm

I stand by my statement. With a similar gearset, 4set and block libram, he did not hit me very hard at all. I didn't even have a disc priest.

All I did was spec into divinity and keep sacred shield up, so nothing fancy there either.

I had to take all the big bangs coz of raid setup. I used most of my cd's and AD on that.

I don't know if they nerfed his damage or anything, but trust me there is no reason to be worried about this achievement in the slightest, if your healers are decent. I would be more worried about your dps staying alive the whole fight and making the enrage in bad gear. Keep in mind you are prolly the best geared of the group as a tank.

This will become a feat of strength in ONE of the future patches. Wich means it could be unobtainable. So I'd advice doing this in the next few weeks.
Awyndel

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice