Taunt trouble

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Taunt trouble

Postby Shai » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:59 am

I'm using the following macro to taunt:
Code: Select all
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget] Righteous Defense

Before it has worked fine for me however yesterday I noticed some really weird stuff. We were doing bear boss in ZA and I was merrily minding my own business tanking the human form. Just for the record I have 8.83% taunt which should be about enough to cap it I think. Anyway after first bear phase I try to taunt him back and nothing happens. I mean nothing whatsoever, no resist no nothing. Boss wasn't doing anything special just standing there and meleeing the other tank. This happens 3 consecutive times which makes for a very bad soup. Eventually I have to go to my spellbook and directly use taunt and I end up tanking the next two bear and human phases. We didn't wipe, but that was really annoying. On the next trash pull it worked fine again to taunt a mob of a caster. Then later I had the same where nothing happened while the mob was definately hitting one target and should be tauntable. Is there some trouble with my macro I'm not aware of or what could be the cause of this?
Shai

Postby Emoir » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:24 am

This is what you'll want to use:

Code: Select all
#show Righteous Defense
/cast [help,nodead][target=targettarget,help,nodead] Righteous Defense;

It works like this:
If you have a mob selected, it will cast RD on it's target if it's not you.
If you have a player selected, it will cast in on that player.
"#show Righteous Defense" Shows the RD cooldown on the macro button.
Emoir

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros