Remove Advertisements

Race to 85...but wait..

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Race to 85...but wait..

Postby lakhesis » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:58 am

Korola wrote:If they follow suit with Starcraft II - you should be able to download it ahead of time, activate when it goes live, and log in.

That was still 10(+?) hours behind the midnight release tho. From (very vague) memory last time in the daylight-savings-observing portion of east coast oz, our release was about 12-14 hours behind for wotlk. Hence what i'm really hoping for is that they not only do digital downloads, but they also enable them at the midnight release time :?

Although we don't get to buy a collector's edition that way, unless we want to buy the game twice :(

C'est la vie, but it is annoying. Prolly wouldn't win any of the leveling races anyway, but it would be nice to at least have a chance.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby dmok » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:36 am

lakhesis wrote:C'est la vie, but it is annoying. Prolly wouldn't win any of the leveling races anyway, but it would be nice to at least have a chance.

considering they're not giving out achievements for them this time .. I don't see the incentive to rush to be the first to 85
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Bastien » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:39 am

dmok wrote:
lakhesis wrote:C'est la vie, but it is annoying. Prolly wouldn't win any of the leveling races anyway, but it would be nice to at least have a chance.

considering they're not giving out achievements for them this time .. I don't see the incentive to rush to be the first to 85

I hadn't heard that they weren't giving level achievements. It seems they have realm first profession leveling achievements enabled on the beta. I would expect those to go live.
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:54 am

My only desire is to get ahead of the pack, even by half a level. Nothing worse than 20 people camped outside a cave trying to kill a named mob with a not so pleasant respawn timer.

For most of us, this won't be much (if at all) of an issue.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Griffith » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:13 am

PsiVen wrote:I distinctly remember WotLK servers not coming online until midnight PST, and there were very few people on when I started leveling at 12:30. Maybe I'm crazy though. Is it by timezone of the server?

i was playing WOTLK by 12:45am est on launch night
Griffith

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 am

WotLK launched on a Thursday, IIRC. Cat is launching on a Tuesday. I wonder if they'll have "planned server maintenance?"

If they do I'm not going to bother picking it up at midnight and will wait for the various on-line retailers to ship the CEs I've ordered so I can get some sleep.

Also, you care what's happening on other servers? Seriously?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:55 am

We're going to do Amazon's "deliver on release day" thing this time. Last time we preordered from Fry's online, but then they screwed it up and weren't going to get them to us on time. So I spent five hours standing in line at the biggest nearby GameStop, unable to enjoy any of the festivities I could see at the distant tent where there was food and drinks and Blizzard employees, and where, 3-4 people from the front of the line, it passed midnight and they got all panicky and restricted folks to just one CE version per person. So then I couldn't cancel the Fry's order (so my wife could get her CE version and pet too), and now I have an extra unopened copy of WotLK CE sitting at home that I still need to sell.

*stops text rant*

So yeah, Amazon's home delivery and I'm going to sleep in. Screw playing through the night again.
Digren

Postby Amirya » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:29 am

I had to negotiate hard with my boyfriend to have him wait on levelling his death knight - he's East Coast currently, I'm Mountain w/o DST.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Korola » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:31 am

Amirya wrote:I had to negotiate hard with my boyfriend to have him wait on levelling his death knight - he's East Coast currently, I'm Mountain w/o DST.

:shock:
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:57 am

whats the chances say,,, u just go the next morning to like walmart or something, they wont be sold out right? :P and how good is the amazon delivery? i remember i ordered same day for tbc release and i got it like 3-4 days later LOL
steadypal

Postby Chicken » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:05 pm

steadypal wrote:whats the chances say,,, u just go the next morning to like walmart or something, they wont be sold out right? :P and how good is the amazon delivery? i remember i ordered same day for tbc release and i got it like 3-4 days later LOL
For me at least there's always still been plenty of copies for sale in the stores when I head home from work and pick up a box along the way. And that's late in the afternoon rather than early in the morning.
Chicken

Postby Amirya » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Korola wrote:
Amirya wrote:I had to negotiate hard with my boyfriend to have him wait on levelling his death knight - he's East Coast currently, I'm Mountain w/o DST.

:shock:

....you dork.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Phonic » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:15 pm

I think normal copies are in plentiful supply... it's the CE that sell out
Phonic

Postby Chunes » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:29 pm

(un)fortunately for me this year, I have working offsite meetings the entire week of the 7th, so I won't even get to take a few days off to ironman some leveling.

Oh well, it's doubtful my group would even get any server firsts since we're not even 10 people right now.
Chunes

Postby knaughty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:10 pm

HAH!

I'm eighteen hours ahead of server time! It's already tomorrow!
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm