steadypal wrote:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l9k2iuehiv2h7pb7/details/30/

2.2 speed ilvl 20 axe

0/0/8 spec

skull dummy

8.16 hit
26 expertise
32.24 crit

Steadypal, that log doesn't make sense.
  • you attack form the front a boss-level dummy, yet there doesn't occur a single block event (not even on "white" attacks)
  • while being at hit/exp softcaps, there still are both miss/dodge events on your CS casts
Bastien wrote:Just to be clear, so the time isn't wasted, do I need to acquire a white weapon? Or should I be boxing the dummy?

And you want a null (0/0/0) spec, correct?

I'll list again the constraints :
  • level : 83 or 84
  • class : paladin/warrior/deathknight/rogue/shaman (nota bene : the dual wield-based classes/specs should equip a weapon only in the MH slot)
  • spec : none (untalented)
  • buffs : none
  • gear : naked
  • weapon : any fast low-lvl weapon (minimizes the testing time)
  • target : level 85 dummy (it must be 85; not 80, not boss-level)
  • attack sequence : only autoattacks, from the front
  • goal : at very least 1000 swings (2000+ is preferable)
As for the dummies in question, I don't know what to say. The databases do have them, I don't know why you can't find any of the required type.

That much said, I apologize for wasting both Steadypal's and Bastien's time (as they stand, it seems that both logs are not conveying the desired goals). I certainly wish to make efficient use of the testers' time. But I also need something actually useful to work with. :)
Both issues (critical blocks/scaling) are still on the list.
Last edited by tlitp on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tlitp

Re: A call to arms - Beta/PTR parses on WoL

Postby Bastien » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:37 am

tlitp wrote:The databases do have them, I don't know why you can't find any of the required type.

wowhead.com wrote:The location of this NPC is unknown.

I checked Stormwind, Ironforge, Darnassas, and The Exodar to no avail. All of the dummies in those locations were level 60, 70, 80 and boss (87+ at character level 84). Tonight through Thurs. are my guild's normal raiding nights, but if I have the opportunity afterwards, I'll put in a GM ticket (assuming that's an option) to see if these are actually implemented in the Beta and where the location(s) are.

Wowhead also indicates that the dummy you linked is neutral to the Horde, with no indication for Alliance. This may indicate that the dummy is located in a Horde city. I *think* I have a horde toon on the beta (with the random faction changes and all), so I can look in the horde cities too, time allowing.
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby Arianne » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:29 pm

tlitp wrote:
Arianne/Kierly : You two have already given a lot of help. There's one more thing to test, if you find 20-25 mins at disposition.
  • level : 80 (PTR)
  • spec : anything that has 3/3 Rule of Law
  • gear : basically Ret-centric gear; stack up copious amounts of crit rating (the more, the better); anything else is less relevant
  • weapon : any low-level weapon
  • seal : any
  • buffs : BoK (it adds a bit of Agility)
  • how-to : attack from the front a boss-level target (use only autoattacks and CS; weave in some J casts in order to keep the mana up; the important thing here is CS, try to use it on cooldown)
  • goal : you can stop after at least 300 CS casts (casts, not connects)

What to report : simply upload the log, I'll get the relevant info from there. From the character panel I only need your total (physical) crit chance.

Thanks.

This is going to only be possible with a ret spec on PTR.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kok0rsu11h54ndmy/

Started out with SoI. After 300+ CS I switched to SoT and continued for a bit to see if there were any differences (particularly somewhat interested in testing the Tiny Abom jar - whether it procs off of anything differently than it did previously). This was hit and expertise capped with a melee crit chance of 32.06%. At some points in testing there was a mage that was doing Critical Mass (5% spell crit) but there are long periods when he wasn't attacking either, so hopefully you can garner good information. If not, I can redo it at very late in the evening when no one is around. If you want a log without trinket procs I can redo later as well (277 Tiny Abom and 264 EoF haste trinket). This is a crusade/imp judgements/rule of law spec only with a Dalaran sword.

@Theck:

Here's a HoW log with a 0/0/0 non-spec'd dwarf paladin naked with the Dalaran Sword (oh how I'll miss you) using HoW on the Heroic Boss dummy in IF with a million other people attacking it, so it pretty much seemed to always have CoE, Ebon Plaguebringer, Critical Mass and the like up on it. Don't think I'm going to be able to get a naked log of HoW without something like that though. HoW can be blocked according to the log (woo!).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1hqn ... etails/76/
Arianne

Postby tlitp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Not getting at least one block event in 156 criticals has a probability of ~0.00003. Critical blocks are therefore very likely to be scrapped. Thank you, Arianne.
tlitp

Postby Arianne » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Anything else?
Arianne

Postby tlitp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Is Grol still there on PTR ? If so, that would be a good opportunity to test 4.0 PH.
  • spec : any
  • gear : prot-centric, high Strength and parry rating
  • weapon : as slow as possible (ilvl is irrelevant)
  • attack sequence : any (autoattacks alone are more than fine)
  • goal : ~1000* swings** from Grol (probably ~30 mins)

* more is better, but there isn't a stringent need for a large sample size
** swings, not connects (which should, in turn, output 200+ player parry events)
tlitp

Postby Flex » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 pm

So was it common knowledge that Exorcism was changed to either Spell Power or Attack Power scaling, whichever is higher?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Bastien » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:14 pm

tlitp, I put in a GM ticket on my 84 paladin on beta to see if the 85 test dummy is actually in game. As of this post, I haven't gotten a response. I worded the ticket such that they can (and should if live is any example) reply by in-game mail if I'm not online when they get to it. My guess is that the dummy is there for internal builds, but NYI for public beta. I'll let you know what the GM says when/if I get a response.
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby Arianne » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:17 pm

tlitp wrote:Is Grol still there on PTR ? If so, that would be a good opportunity to test 4.0 PH.
  • spec : any
  • gear : prot-centric, high Strength and parry rating
  • weapon : as slow as possible (ilvl is irrelevant)
  • attack sequence : any (autoattacks alone are more than fine)
  • goal : ~1000* swings** from Grol (probably ~30 mins)

* more is better, but there isn't a stringent need for a large sample size
** swings, not connects (which should, in turn, output 200+ player parry events)

As you command - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wq4nmp4ssl4idcas/
Using a 2.6 speed Crescent Axe (17.2 dps) with either a 23.99% parry rate and 1780 strength. 0/32/0 with no reckoning, hallowed ground, or imp hoj.
Arianne

Postby Marblehead » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:55 am

Bastien wrote:tlitp, I put in a GM ticket on my 84 paladin on beta to see if the 85 test dummy is actually in game. As of this post, I haven't gotten a response. I worded the ticket such that they can (and should if live is any example) reply by in-game mail if I'm not online when they get to it. My guess is that the dummy is there for internal builds, but NYI for public beta. I'll let you know what the GM says when/if I get a response.

Last time I checked, there were 85 lvl test dummies in Orgrimar near the hunter trainer. It's been about a month or so ago, so they might have removed them. No matter how much I searched, I couldn't find any in alliance cities.
Life is not difficult, people are.
Marblehead

Postby tlitp » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:03 am

Arianne : I didn't find anything particularly odd neither by direct analysis, nor by comparison against the 3.0 PH model. I'd say that 4.0 PH is WotLK-identical. Thanks again.
tlitp

Postby theckhd » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:08 pm

3-second CS is on the PTRs. Requesting a repeat of this experiment:

theckhd wrote:Level 80 version on PTR:
Same talent spec (but skip EG and GbtL), no glyphs, no buffs, naked with a Dalaran Sword. If you need a shield to use ShoR (tooltip doesn't say so, but it may still need one), grab any white vendor shield (i.e. no stats but armor).

Gather data for each damaging ability we have on a dummy, sample sizes of 50-100 would be good. Try to find a secluded dummy somewhere that doesn't have %damage taken debuffs on it.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby steadypal » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:59 pm

since SOTR is now 9sec cd basically, judge is wtf 9 or 10.. we either judge and get SD to proc, OR just sotr correcto?
steadypal

Postby Bastien » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Marblehead wrote:
Bastien wrote:tlitp, I put in a GM ticket on my 84 paladin on beta to see if the 85 test dummy is actually in game. As of this post, I haven't gotten a response. I worded the ticket such that they can (and should if live is any example) reply by in-game mail if I'm not online when they get to it. My guess is that the dummy is there for internal builds, but NYI for public beta. I'll let you know what the GM says when/if I get a response.

Last time I checked, there were 85 lvl test dummies in Orgrimar near the hunter trainer. It's been about a month or so ago, so they might have removed them. No matter how much I searched, I couldn't find any in alliance cities.

Confirmed on the ones in Orgrimmar. Those are 85. Not sure why Alliance didn't get any. Still waiting on a response to my GM ticket. Maybe someone that plays horde can do the experiment in the meantime. If I happen to get a random faction change on that character, I'll switch and go do the test. It won't be very "clean" though, those dummies looked VERY popular.
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby towelliee » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:40 pm

accept my username towelliee1980
towelliee

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations