Remove Advertisements

Solo Tanking Bane ( Heroic 10 M LK)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Solo Tanking Bane ( Heroic 10 M LK)

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Was just wondering if any of you have done this yet. I feel like it would be farily simple with 3 healz, and an all range dps set up?

Gear requirements? Glyph? Suggestions?

I mean obv, vengeance, plea, and salvation i reckon.

Prob spec for divinity... um and complete HP gear, and armor trinket well at least RS one, and maybe even heroic organ.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Re: Solo Tanking Bane ( Heroic 10 M LK)

Postby warden » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:29 pm

Its been done. There was some discussion on it here that you might find helpful.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUFb89bhNq0

Decent video of kill. Was wondering though think it would be okay to two heal that fight? We were really close on enrage. ( I know we're bad). Just seems like it would have been easier w/ less valks/shamblings/ soaking a million freaking vile spirits.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:37 am

Keep in mind that, if you aren't soaking the vile spirits, you are having to DPS them. This is a pretty hefty chunk of dps being removed from the Lich King. It's definitely possible, but it probably won't be as awesome as you expect, in the end.
Belloc

Postby warden » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:14 pm

I'd honestly drop to two healers before I'd drop to 1 tank. Not only does it give you the same net effect of 1 more dps, but it allows for vile spirit soaking as Belloc said, and that second tank is going to contribute a decent amount of dps in p2/3. That said, your healers really need to be pro for this, and your dps need to be on the ball with cooldowns, healthstones, or spot top-offs if things get dicey -- we've had more than one wipe averted by a smart tranquility or shadowpriest divine hymn in the frostmourne room or when the disc gets picked up by a valk before infest. Also, our raid comp allows each of our healers (hpal/disc) to get a couple inervates (feral tank/boomkin).

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby hassllehoof » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:14 pm

I've been a long time reader of Maintankadin and less of a poster but i'd like to add my insite on this fight our frist kill was solo tanked our group comp was

Tank: paladin

Melee: Rogue, Frost DK

Ranged: MM Hunter, Shadow Priest, UA Warlock, Moonkin

Healers: Disc Priest, Resto Druid, Resto Shaman

it took alot of wipes and work on everyones part but in end with the group of people we had to work with we found running with one tank and a heavy ranged group to kill the Vile spirits in P3 (warlock,shadow priest and Disc priest stoped healing and helped Mind sear) more successful for us but were tempted to go in and work on 2 tanks 2 healing it.
hassllehoof

Return to T10: Icecrown Citadel