Remove Advertisements

4.0 Item Enhancement Guide

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.0 Item Enhancement Guide

Postby Digren » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Chasey wrote:Excellent, its great to see it laid out like this.

*side note (I'll remove later) the treat str gems are saying link not found.

Yeah, I was data mining mmo-champion but was putting in wowhead links, thinking that wowhead would pick them up pretty quickly. Somebody turned on pop-ups for mmo-champ links, though, so I've started just using theirs where necessary. I'll convert those next time I work on an update.
Digren

Postby Sabindeus » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Digren wrote:
Chasey wrote:Excellent, its great to see it laid out like this.

*side note (I'll remove later) the treat str gems are saying link not found.

Yeah, I was data mining mmo-champion but was putting in wowhead links, thinking that wowhead would pick them up pretty quickly. Somebody turned on pop-ups for mmo-champ links, though, so I've started just using theirs where necessary. I'll convert those next time I work on an update.

:/
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Snoogle » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:31 pm

reforging question:

If Dodge is 100% avoidance, parry is 50% mitigation for 2 hits, block is 25% mitigation, is there any reason why I shouldn't convert all my block to dodge followed by parry?
Snoogle

Postby steadypal » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Snoogle wrote:reforging question:

If Dodge is 100% avoidance, parry is 50% mitigation for 2 hits, block is 25% mitigation, is there any reason why I shouldn't convert all my block to dodge followed by parry?

i think they scrapped the parry thingy they were talking about...

i'd consider changing out one of those for mastery, since block is 30% mitigation...
steadypal

Postby Yelena » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:56 pm

steadypal wrote:

The parry change was scrapped like two months ago, if not longer.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Snoogle » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:36 pm

shoot!
Any link to current mechanics?
Snoogle

Postby Digren » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Snoogle wrote:shoot!
Any link to current mechanics?

Parry and dodge are both 100% avoidance, at the same rate, with the same diminishing returns. Mastery is a different rate and with no diminishing returns. At level 80, right now on ptr, you can swap out like 4% avoidance to pick up 20% block. That seems to be the best leveling advice so far. But, by the time we hit 85, our dodge and parry ratings won't yield nearly as much avoidance, so DR won't be as bad, and mastery might not be a better choice.

It's hard to say yet until the math is finalized. Blizzard may still change any of this too so it's hard to say.
Digren

Postby steadypal » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:58 am

can you throw up your recommended glyphs in here to? im having trouble picking the 3 primes, i want, since they ruined evcerything and made our expertise glyph into a prime one,,, leaving majors rather MEH and not even useful, lol, glyph of DP is so situtational its not funny,,, oh man i wish they just gave prot insant exos, cause exo glyph might be fun lol...

but for primes, tough decisions i think, i guess we'll have to wait and see which are best, only major i can think of thats good is holy wrath atm, idk..
steadypal

Postby lythac » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:49 am

Need to add to the reforging section that Resilience cannot be reforged.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Digren » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:26 am

steadypal wrote:can you throw up your recommended glyphs in here to? im having trouble picking the 3 primes, i want, since they ruined evcerything and made our expertise glyph into a prime one,,, leaving majors rather MEH and not even useful, lol, glyph of DP is so situtational its not funny,,, oh man i wish they just gave prot insant exos, cause exo glyph might be fun lol...

but for primes, tough decisions i think, i guess we'll have to wait and see which are best, only major i can think of thats good is holy wrath atm, idk..

Theck maintains the glyph guide. There's a 4.0 beta guide up already:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic
Digren

Postby Neptuno » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:45 am

steadypal wrote:

i'd consider changing out one of those for mastery, since block is 30% mitigation...

wasn't there a plan to have our block mitigation be stronger than a warrior's since they have crit block too? or was that just more block chance?
Neptuno

Postby Digren » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:49 am

Neptuno wrote:wasn't there a plan to have our block mitigation be stronger than a warrior's since they have crit block too? or was that just more block chance?

At this point I believe there is no different to chance, except they have shield block and we have holy shield, nor is there a difference to mitigation, except they have crit block.
Digren

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 am

Digren wrote:
Neptuno wrote:wasn't there a plan to have our block mitigation be stronger than a warrior's since they have crit block too? or was that just more block chance?

At this point I believe there is no different to chance, except they have shield block and we have holy shield, nor is there a difference to mitigation, except they have crit block.

We get more % block from our mastery than they do.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Digren » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Digren wrote:

We get more % block from our mastery than they do.

Ahh I'd missed that. Thanks. So for block chance they have shield block and mastery and we have holy shield and better mastery. For block value they have crit block and we don't.
Digren

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Digren wrote:Ahh I'd missed that. Thanks. So for block chance they have shield block and mastery and we have holy shield and better mastery. For block value they have crit block and we don't.

Actually not quite. They also have 15% extra block from their Spec Benefits package. http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=29144
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm