Moroes tip to counter the gouges and blinds

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Moroes tip to counter the gouges and blinds

Postby Huon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:47 pm

for all of you who have a hard time with it, its really not that hard. My guild nevers uses an OT on him... how??

because when our warr was tanking he was putting on the Crystal of Zin'Malor (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13347)

he doesnt have mana so no prob there, and you just keep putting it on and off untill you get a tick for like 90-100 or so, which is nothing that healers couldnt handle.

as for me, I would run oom so fast with it that im not using it but I get a melee class to put it on and I keep BoSac on him at all time.

that way, I get a gouge/poison break every 1-2 seconds and it only ticks for about 45-50 on both of us, which is again, nothing to be alarmed with.

made this encounter SO much easier, only 1 tank needed :)
Huon

Postby Joonho » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Would this not be considered an exploit?
Joonho

Postby Huon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:37 pm

Mmm

I don't see why. The trinket is in the game, its equip-able and we didnt hand in the quest. its like using that thing that makes you a furbolg or that magneto-sphere from BEM.

only we had the smarts to use that.

but now you got me wondering :/

EDIT: also, I know for a fact that some ppl use to use the luffa that you get from that quest in Searing gorge to remove the bleed from moroes. Until they changed it that is.
Huon

Postby Zhalseran » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:39 pm

Luffa is also a reward, nt a quest item. They changed that and it was something your supposed to still have.

I wouldnt go so far as to call it an exploit, but I wouldnt expect it to stick around forever
Zhalseran

Postby Xanatos » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:06 am

Why go through all the hassle? Just BoSac the OT or the garrote target since you don't have an OT and go crazy.
Xanatos

Postby Huon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:14 am

Xanatos wrote:Why go through all the hassle? Just BoSac the OT or the garrote target since you don't have an OT and go crazy.

just a faster tick from the trinket than from the garrote, just safer...

and the fact that my OT already had the thing :P
Huon

Postby Xanatos » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:38 pm

Fair enough, but for people who don't have the item, it would be a step out of the way when they have another ready solution at hand.
Xanatos

Postby Spudge_Boy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:02 pm

Dwarf Stone Form FTW!
Spudge_Boy

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:16 pm

Wow, that's kind of neat. Too bad it's alliance only.

I solotanked Moroes the other day because we just didn't have an OT in the raid. Was a little messy, but worked :)
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby DamnLag » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:23 pm

I read somewhere that the trinket despawns if you drop the quest.. any truth to this?
Batteries not included.
DamnLag

Postby Passionario » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:30 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Too bad it's alliance only.

Quoted for extra unfairness. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby DamnLag » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:53 pm

This trinket has been a God send for our guild, we are very small.. We've never had 10 in the raid (9 is the best we've managed). We are all new toons and non of us over geared. We have 1 melee besides myself. I had our Rogue (no mana to worry about) run out and get this trinket before our raid. First time seeing Moroes. Our first attempt.. wipe. I pulled too quickly and he didn't have time to equip it. We killed him on our second attempt. I created a macro that cast BoSac on him and returned me to last target, and had our off healer keep him alive through the trinket damage. To top the night off, we one shot Maiden having also never seen her before. With that trinket, Moroes never took more then 2 steps from me (not including vanish of course).
Batteries not included.
DamnLag

Postby Huon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:46 pm

DamnLag wrote:I read somewhere that the trinket despawns if you drop the quest.. any truth to this?

Ya you need to keep the quest to keep the item.
Huon

Postby Zeels » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:55 pm

This "trick" seems a bit overkill to me.

But I guess if you struggle with moroes why not. But then again, when I with blue gear entered kara the first time, we wipe 3 times on moroes mainly due to shackles breaking and so on. Then we tried me aoe tanking everything, worked like a charm...

So HoJ the ms warrior, then just let your dps nuke down all adds, have bosanc on your offtank who is 100% on moroes.

This has been covered many times, just repeating. It's a flawless strategy, thus I say using this trick is an overkill.

Just use your pala power and do it :)

*Edit* You don't even need an offtank, have a rouge or something being second on aggro, works as well, and decurse when you can.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Worldie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:01 pm

A interesting trick, but well, at that point you could just aoetank everything and BoSanc something and make things easier.

I don't think it would be considered a exploit but it's something definitively not needed :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Karazhan