Remove Advertisements

taunt macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

taunt macro

Postby some_noob » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Hey, I'm trying to make one key I can push to taunt. pushing it normally would use hand of reckoning, pushing alt+key would do righteous defense.

Hand of reckoning is simple, but i'm trying to use this righteous defense macro:

#showtooltip Righteous Defense
/cast [target=target,help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

The macro does this: If i'm targeting a player, it uses righteous defense to taunt the mobs off him. If i'm targeting a mob, it'll target the player it's targeting and use righteous defense.

Problem i'm having is when i make the new macro, and hit alt+key, it doesn't seem to use this macro properly. I tried putting the RD macro on a hotbar, and using:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] MultiBarLeftButton9; Hand of Reckoning

But that doesn't seem to work either. :) Any help getting this working properly would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
some_noob

Re: taunt macro

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Not sure why your mod key isn't doing what you want, but Righteous Defence already works like that without a macro (since 2.4, iirc).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Chicken » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:20 am

You might want to check WoW's combat options, Alt is the default 'self-cast' key, and if it is set to the self-cast key it tends to interfere with macros using it. Likely what WoW is trying to do here is casting Righteous Defense on yourself, which of course wouldn't work.
Chicken

Postby Neptuno » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:18 pm

not that it changes things, but @ means target= so you can just type [@target,help] now. handy for the longer macros
Neptuno

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros