Remove Advertisements

Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Re: Theck's MATLAB thread - Cataclysm/4.x

Postby theckhd » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:38 am

That shouldn't be too hard though, I really just need to compare 0/3 to 3/3 and see how much of an increase we get. The other two sets (1/3 and 2/3) are just sanity checks.

Also, try and take note of Censure damage if you could. It scales with SP and AP, so performing the test naked (except for weapon) might be better for that. I think SotP might be affecting Censure based on Kysen's data in another thread, this test would confirm or refute that.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Arcand » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:59 am

Censure damage is definitely up as I add points to Seals of the Pure. I'm lame and don't know how to parse a log (went to worldoflogs.com and didn't see options to do anything but look at other peoples' raid logs) but here's the raw log data:

http://www.29tharmor.com/resources/Truth-0SotP.txt
http://www.29tharmor.com/resources/Truth-1SotP.txt
http://www.29tharmor.com/resources/Truth-3SotP.txt

In the first log I don't start doing anything for quite a while; I was taking gear off and confirming buffs and all that. For all three of these logs I had no buffs except Crusader Aura and Seal of Truthgeance. Attack Power 522, Spell Power 178, weapon was a Hatchet with 7.4 DPS (weirdly, it's 7.2 according to WoWhead but I double-checked) and 2.50 speed.

(I don't really want to hang the parsing work on you; if you can tell me how to do it or link to some idiot-proof instructions I'll do it. I just put the logs up in case parsing is easier than teaching others to parse.)

Update: I did the pencil-and-paper thing - Seals of the Pure affects Censure, without a doubt.

Without SotP, in my standard gear, Censure ticks for 419 every time unless it crits.
One point of SotP, ticks for 440.
Two points of SotP, ticks for 461.
Three points of SotP, ticks for 482.
Last edited by Arcand on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Arcand

Postby Arcand » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:02 pm

tlitp: Wearing a shirt, tabard and a grey axe, my human 80 PTR guy has...

90 agility
2.38% dodge
5.00% parry
21.00% block

Kings brings the agility up to 94. That takes my dodge to 2.46% and, as expected, has no effect on parry or block.

Oh, and his health is 10271 naked with 233 stamina.
Kings makes it 10391 with 245 stamina.

Kinda weird - I'm used to gaining a couple, three thousand health when I cast Kings...
Arcand

Postby tlitp » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Hm. I'd be interested in some (pure) agility scaling - at both 80/85. Base dodge was certainly lowered.
tlitp

Postby Arcand » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:34 pm

tlitp wrote:Hm. I'd be interested in some (pure) agility scaling - at both 80/85. Base dodge was certainly lowered.

I'll see what I can do with gemming. I've got plenty of socketed gear but as usual people are Striving! With! All! Their! Might! to get rich on the PTR, charging crazy prices for stuff...
Arcand

Postby Bastien » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Arcand wrote:Censure damage is definitely up as I add points to Seals of the Pure. I'm lame and don't know how to parse a log (went to worldoflogs.com and didn't see options to do anything but look at other peoples' raid logs) but here's the raw log data:

http://www.29tharmor.com/resources/Truth-0SotP.txt
http://www.29tharmor.com/resources/Truth-1SotP.txt
http://www.29tharmor.com/resources/Truth-3SotP.txt

In the first log I don't start doing anything for quite a while; I was taking gear off and confirming buffs and all that. For all three of these logs I had no buffs except Crusader Aura and Seal of Truthgeance. Attack Power 522, Spell Power 178, weapon was a Hatchet with 7.4 DPS (weirdly, it's 7.2 according to WoWhead but I double-checked) and 2.50 speed.

(I don't really want to hang the parsing work on you; if you can tell me how to do it or link to some idiot-proof instructions I'll do it. I just put the logs up in case parsing is easier than teaching others to parse.)

I don't speak MATLAB, but I do speak perl.

I just happened to be working on a very rudimentary log parser, so maybe this helps?

From Arcand's posted logs:
Truth - 0SotP
Code: Select all
Total Damage      Spell Name   Cast Count      Average Damage      Casters
      7826      Censure          110           71.15      Arcand
      7560      Melee            110           68.73      Arcand
      1912      Seal of Truth    108           17.70      Arcand
==================================================================

Truth - 1SotP
Total Damage      Spell Name   Cast Count      Average Damage      Casters
      8369      Censure          118           70.92      Arcand
      7648      Melee            110           69.53      Arcand
      2088      Seal of Truth    108           19.33      Arcand

Truth - 3SotP
Total Damage      Spell Name      Cast Count      Average Damage      Casters
      7250      Censure                89           81.46         Arcand
      6062      Melee                  89           68.11         Arcand
      1839      Seal of Truth          89           20.66         Arcand
Last edited by Bastien on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby Arcand » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:14 pm

The 0 and 1 logs give identical numbers? That's too weird; I hope I didn't screw
up the naming or something. Are those two logs identical? Or is there any
chance you hit the same link twice, maybe?

Edit: They're not...and yet the total melee and Censure damage are exactly
the same? That's so improbable I can't even imagine, and it's also bizarre because
I'm positive the Censure numbers went up when I added points to Seals of the Pure.
Time for some more note-taking...

PS: Bastien, thanks for doing that.

PPS: Theck, see my first post on this page: sure as sure can be, Seals of the Pure increases Censure ticks.
Arcand

Postby theckhd » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:43 am

A few notes:

1) I made a new WoL account and guild for hosting beta parses. The guild is named maintankadin and it's listed under US-Blackrock. Anyone who's willing to help out can make a WoL account and request to be added to the guild - I'll add everyone and give them upload rights.

Uploading a log is as easy as downloading the client, running it (it's Java), putting in your user/pass, and then opening the log file and uploading.

2) I uploaded arcand's original parses:
0/3: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6jqa ... etails/13/
1/3: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oyib ... details/8/
2/3: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8b6c ... details/7/

Average Censure ticks were 75.9, 78.1, and 88.4 respectively. The 1/3 seems a little lower than it should be (should be around 79.7), but the 3/3 is 16.4% higher than 0/3, which supports Arcand's findings in his regular gear.

3) I'm fairly certain Bastien has a copy/paste error in his post. Every single number in the 1/3 section is identical to the 0/3 section.

4) Looking at the logs, you saw a bunch of misses and dodges. However, upon closer inspection, it looks like they're all failed re-applications. The DoT ticks never seem to miss or be dodged. So this behavior is consistent with what we know about SoV on live. I assume you didn't see any parries because you were attacking from behind.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Bastien » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:36 am

theckhd wrote:3) I'm fairly certain Bastien has a copy/paste error in his post. Every single number in the 1/3 section is identical to the 0/3 section.

Looks like that was the case. I ran a diff on the 0SotP and the 1SotP files and they were identical. I thought that a little strange myself when I first ran it.

I downloaded the correct 1SotP file and re-ran it. I updated my last post with the new numbers, but they don't reflect/confirm Theck's findings from the WoL parse, so it's entirely possible my script is missing something. :-/
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby Arcand » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:24 am

theckhd wrote:Average Censure ticks were 75.9, 78.1, and 88.4 respectively. The 1/3 seems a little lower than it should be (should be around 79.7), but the 3/3 is 16.4% higher than 0/3, which supports Arcand's findings in his regular gear.

I wasn't consistent about logging the ramp-up time; in fact, I'm pretty sure on one trial I mistyped /combatlog and didn't realize my mistake until a minute later, so we might have some runs containing ticks from 1-4 stacks while others don't. I was running each trial for about three minutes so hacking off the first 20% of each log might make the discrepancy go away.

3) I'm fairly certain Bastien has a copy/paste error in his post. Every single number in the 1/3 section is identical to the 0/3 section.

Same thing I thought, and it looks like he's made a correction now.

4) Looking at the logs, you saw a bunch of misses and dodges. However, upon closer inspection, it looks like they're all failed re-applications. The DoT ticks never seem to miss or be dodged. So this behavior is consistent with what we know about SoV on live. I assume you didn't see any parries because you were attacking from behind.

The way my threat feels right now on the PTR, I thought it most realistic to model my abilities with me attacking the bad guys from behind while they're busy killing somebody else. :roll:
Arcand

Postby theckhd » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Posting this so I can find it later, Holy Wrath mechanics
theckhd

Postby Arcand » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:23 am

Flex was right; it looks like I had the hammer components backwards. I assumed the direct component was the bigger one.

http://www.29tharmor.com/resources/HammerLog.txt

Log narrative: I taunt-pull an undead crusader, facepull a second, then beat on them by repeatedly hitting Hammer and then cancelling autoattack. Late in the fight a crypt lord adds in.
Arcand

Postby Gaffer » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:13 am

theckhd wrote:1) I made a new WoL account and guild for hosting beta parses. The guild is named maintankadin and it's listed under US-Blackrock. Anyone who's willing to help out can make a WoL account and request to be added to the guild - I'll add everyone and give them upload rights.

Rather unfortunate that World of Logs doesn't allow one account to upload to multiple guilds.
Gaffer

Postby theckhd » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:31 am

Yeah, I had to make a 2nd WoL account myself for this purpose.
theckhd

Postby Alandrek » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:02 am

tlitp wrote:Interested in seeing several data sets on the topic of avoidance DR, conveying both 80ptr and 85beta.
- pure dodge (i.e. no buffs, no gear with agility)
- pure agility (no buffs, no gear with dodge)
- parry
Only character panel info is needed at this time.

No beta access here, but I do have some PTR data (Level 80 Human Paladin).

* No dodge, parry, or agility from gear *

Unbuffed: 90 Agility, 2.38% dodge, 5% parry
With Kings: 94 agility, 2.46% dodge, 5% parry

* Stacking agility but not dodge *

137 agility, 3.32% dodge
186 agility, 4.26% dodge
229 agility, 5.07% dodge

* Stacking dodge but not agility *

626 dodge rating, 14.29% dodge
872 dodge rating, 17.80% dodge
1247 dodge rating, 22.41% dodge

* Stacking parry *

351 parry rating, 12.22% parry
507 parry rating, 14.94% parry
582 parry rating, 16.17% parry

I know this data set is somewhat small - let me know if you're interested in more data points (and an approximate number).
Alandrek

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations