Remove Advertisements

I tanked Kara solo.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

I tanked Kara solo.

Postby Galadedrid » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:36 am

it was fun. i brought along an MS warrior to OT in sticky situations...

how do you sucessful solo tankadins solo tank icetomb/mana feeder/arcane guardians? i had to use the OT for those three types of pulls.
some tips would be appreciated. other than that... i feel good. downed nightbane/prince.

funny thing was... it was a pug lol.

my armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Galadedrid
Galadedrid

Re: I tanked Kara solo.

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:08 am

Galadedrid wrote:how do you sucessful solo tankadins solo tank icetomb/mana feeder/arcane guardians? i had to use the OT for those three types of pulls

You can solotank the icetomb mobs if noone uses DoTs and you have a priest chainshackling until you got back aggro.

The packs of wryms+elemental before curator are just pains, cause they almost ignore our threat since it's damage based and you don't actually damage them. You should chaintaunt, but well, with 15 sec cd...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Invisusira » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:06 am

Worldie wrote:The packs of wryms+elemental before curator are just pains, cause they almost ignore our threat since it's damage based and you don't actually damage them. You should chaintaunt, but well, with 15 sec cd...

THUNDERFURY, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

=3
Invisusira

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:56 am

Invisusira wrote:
Worldie wrote:The packs of wryms+elemental before curator are just pains, cause they almost ignore our threat since it's damage based and you don't actually damage them. You should chaintaunt, but well, with 15 sec cd...

=3

Did i already tell you that i hate you Invi.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zeels » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:42 am

Invisusira wrote:

=3

How did you manage to get that weapon anyways? *boggle*
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Invisusira » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:53 am

I was tanking pre-BC. Yes, rogues and warriors did cry when I got Bindings. Oh, how they cried.
Invisusira

Postby Keiran » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:22 am

I tried solo tanked most of Kara as a warrior yesterday. Pain without consecration, but we had the most sucky setup ever. Spellshades and their friends with only one cc and only one able to tank is wicked shit, but rest was doable.
Keiran

Postby Aramadin » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:55 am

Solo tanked KZ myself in pre-KZ blues with a bunch of crafted/rep epics. Was good fun. Had a warrior "tank" with me who was in almost full pvp gear, claiming resillience was great for pve.. till he got wtfcrushed abunch of times and he let me do all the tanking ;p. Used him to do ice tomb/arcane mobs and stuff.

Raid healers forced him to step back and let me do it ;D
Aramadin

Postby Galadedrid » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:43 am

Aramadin wrote:Solo tanked KZ myself in pre-KZ blues with a bunch of crafted/rep epics. Was good fun. Had a warrior "tank" with me who was in almost full pvp gear, claiming resillience was great for pve.. till he got wtfcrushed abunch of times and he let me do all the tanking ;p. Used him to do ice tomb/arcane mobs and stuff.

Raid healers forced him to step back and let me do it ;D

a warrior with full pvp gear and with a decent prot spec can MT. hes both uncrittable and uncrushable. my buddy tanked Nightbane in full mercs. the -20% crit he gets from resil is well past the -4.5% (i think thats the number) that you need to reduce your crit by to be uncrittable in pve. and a naked warrior with a shield and a tank weapon can be uncrushable with the right spec.

wars sit at 25% mitigation alone from talents, 5% from imp shield block, 5% from imp parry. base mitigation is 15% made up of 5% dodge/parry/block.

so 15% + 10%= 25%. hit shieldblock. 100% decent tank weap. 102.5%

so yeah.

course if he was rocking his build as MS arms/fury. then he wont be able to tank.
Galadedrid

Return to Karazhan