Is it possibe - 2 tankadins

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Is it possibe - 2 tankadins

Postby Sedative » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:11 am

just wondering if it were viable to have 2 pally tanks in a kara group for a guild that hasnt raided yet or will it make it too hard to complete it without another class tank?
Sedative

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:26 am

You can, like you can do it with 2 prot warriors.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sedative » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:05 am

ok, but would it make it easier to have a druid or warrior as mt/ot?
Sedative

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:21 am

Well the issue with Tankadins is that their DPS sucks, and sucks hard. In Kara you should try to have a Offtank that can DPS in the fights where he's not tanking, so feral druids, DPS warriors, and even prot warriors with 2.3 are fine. Having 2 tankadins means actually doing the istance with 1 extra healer and 1 less DPS.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby kalbear » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:36 pm

If one of the two has good healing gear you could probably do it. In that case I'd recommend bringing along another DPS.
kalbear

Postby DrUnne » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:21 am

We've been running two Tankadins in Kara for the past few weeks and clearing the entire place with little problems. During our first run we brought up a Druid to help Off-Tank Curator to soak up his bolts but ever since then, we haven't done so.

I was our OT and didn't even have my 102.4 Avoidence yet, though I just snagged it this week. Looking forward to MTing it next week. :)
DrUnne

Postby roderick » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:00 pm

We've been doing two tankadins ever since we've been doing Kara, mostly because we haven't found anyone else interested. Tank variability is good not just for DPS but also because fights sometimes favor a certain type of tank (the Maiden fight always infuriates me because of the short duration silences that she constantly applies).

When not tanking, the OT tankadin either DPSs or heals / cleanses. I think our ideal OT would be a druid but we're working with what we have. Speaking of which, last night we downed prince for the first time! I was just under 16K health all buffed up and we got him after three attempts.

We've always run with just two healers so having our OT be able to put on a healing set when necessary (even if the heals are bad) helps us in a pinch. Last night we had four paladins (2 tanks, 1 healer, 1 DPS).
roderick

Postby ShaneFalco » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:31 pm

My guild has used two Tankadins for Kara as long as I've been a member. All three of the Protection Warriors have run Kara so many times that they're sick of it, so our 5 Tankadins and 2 Bear Druids pick up the slack. (Yeah, we have a lot of Tankadins... We have 3 Ret Paladins, too.)

We usually have a lot of overgeared DPS coming to help out so having one of the Tankadins heal on fights where an offtank isn't needed helps out more than a tank trying to DPS.
Shanefalco - 70 Human Paladin - Dragonmaw US
ShaneFalco

Postby DMStewart » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:22 am

It's very doable. I would recommend against it on certain fights (Maiden), but it is very possible.
Some want to live forever through great deeds, others through their children. I want to live forever through not dying.
DMStewart

Postby ulushnar » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:31 am

I would advise against two of any prot spec in a group learning Karazhan. Simply put, until you're geared out of your gills, you'll struggle on DPS. This is less of a problem in the first half, but later on, you'll see better results with one MT and one DPSer who can OT in a pinch.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby kurros » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:15 am

You would be better off with 1 prot paladin and 1 holy or ret paladin with some tanking gear.

The fights where you need a second tank spec isn't all that important, and a paladin can tank it fine as any spec.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby xyzor » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:37 pm

For the first few weeks of my 10-man's Kara runs, we had 4-5 pallies each night (2 tanks, 2 healers and sometimes 1 Ret). Was fun, and REALLY funny to hear DPS classes freak out when they saw 5 pallies in a 10-man group! Was reasonable successful, but eventually, as you might imagine, we ran into some DPS issues....I am sure we could have made it work, but re-distributed some people to other groups and have been solid with me as the MT and one of 2 Prot warriors or a Fruid OT-ing when needed.

It WAS awesome to have 5 pally buffs though...putting Sanc on everyone ftw, lol.
xyzor

Postby PsiVen » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:28 pm

Ulushnar wrote:I would advise against two of any prot spec in a group learning Karazhan. Simply put, until you're geared out of your gills, you'll struggle on DPS. This is less of a problem in the first half, but later on, you'll see better results with one MT and one DPSer who can OT in a pinch.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lore » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:19 pm

PsiVen wrote:
Ulushnar wrote:I would advise against two of any prot spec in a group learning Karazhan. Simply put, until you're geared out of your gills, you'll struggle on DPS. This is less of a problem in the first half, but later on, you'll see better results with one MT and one DPSer who can OT in a pinch.

meaning it's time for one of you to get some ret gear imo!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Enkoram » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:50 am

We've been running Kara w/ 3 Pallys... 2 holy and Me as MT.

We have been using a Prot. Warrior as OT. Haven't had an issue yet, and we're cleared up through Prince. We're starting on Illhoof, and Netherspite this week.

We've never used a Pally OT... due to the fact that we don't generate threat for squat when we're not being hit.. but War. and Bears can gen through though hitting.
Enkoram

Next

Return to Karazhan