Remove Advertisements

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?

Postby Ardrhyst » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:11 am

lythac wrote:This Sunday I am planning on taking on multiple MC bosses at the same time, I don't think any are tethered. Am deciding between -

Garr + Golemagg - both physical full prot gear + spec, SoL. Seems easy.
Shazzrah + Geddon - ret gear + spec, SoL, FoL on proc.

Binding double bill, Garr + Geddon - I think wearing FR pieces, wedged in a corner and high end ret gear should make this doable.

Golemagg is leashed, so if you want to play doubles with him you have to take the fun to his neighborhood. I did Sulfuron and Golemagg together a few months ago and it was nothing difficult. The more dorks you can bring into the Sulfuron fight, the faster it will go, and Golemagg's Core Ragers are great for soaking up heals quickly from Sulfuron's minions.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Leuthas » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:24 pm

Ardrhyst wrote:
If you pace yourself to have cooldowns available during every split section, he's a snap. The last time I did it I forgot to wear my nature resistance gear and still didn't have a ton of trouble.

Alright, so I'm looking to throttle down damage on skeram between splits, in order for my cooldowns to come back up, then burn down a copy ASAP when they both appear, in order to negate earth shocks, and just keep Skeram on splash damage?
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Punkss2 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 am

Is AQ 20 soloable? Ive been using my PVP prot spec in ZG and just destroying stuff, but as I never raided vanilla i don't know most of the strats for both AQ's. Are they brutable at this point? Thanks.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby lythac » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:51 am

Kurinnaxx - Tactics for Kurinnaxx are pretty simple. He drops sand traps under you causing you to take 2000 damage, silencing you, and your hit reduced by 75%. Walking backwards in a large circle means they shouldn't hit you. He also applies a mortal strike stacking debuff in increments of 10%. After hitting 100% the debuff time doesn't reset so it drops off.

Should mention he teleports you to him when not in melee range. Sometimes when moving backwards he/she/it decides you have strayed too far away so you see a small jitter in your movement/camera position. Feel it might make you take a sandtrap but they aren't harmful, just annoying.

General Rajaxx - Mobs come in waves before getting the boss, you also have some NPC helpers. You can wait for them to come one by one or run in and pull a couple at a time. The boss himself has an AoE thunderclap that cuts your hp in half, with JoL and an aura provided by one NPCs it is nothing to worry about. The thunderclap also wipes aggro, so its worth retaunting to keep the NPCs alive as any alive at the end give rep. It might also knock you back.

Moam - Drains your mana and when he is full explodes and chucks you in the air. Summons 3 adds and turns to stone after 90 seconds. The biggest danger on Moam is the direction in which he throws you after the explosion. There is a very dangerous trash mob in this area (Flesh Hunter) who will kill you. They swallow you and damage at a % of your health iirc (wowhead is down for me atm). Best to get Moam's explosion to send you to the back wall.

Buru the Gorger - I always though mechanics made this boss impossible and can't remember anyone killing him before. Now I revisit the fight it looks doable but frustrating. There are eggs dotted around the edge of the room, in order to damage the boss you destroy an egg once he is over it. He moves slow (but speeds up) so you don't have any face to face contact time with him to phase 2. Get an egg low on health, kill it when he is over it and repeat. An add is spawned when an egg is destroyed, kill them.

At 20% his shell blasts off and you enter phase 2, around 133k health. He applies a stacking non resisting, non dispellable nature dot on you. The dot doesn't look too dangerous given how fast you should be able to burn him down.

I am unsure if you can kite him OK for phase 1.

Ayamiss the Hunter - This boss has a air phase. He is killable and has been killed by paladin before, but takes upwards of an hour.

Ossirian the Unscarred - Largely tank and spank. He enters supreme mode (tripling his damage iirc) and to dispel this you run him over crystals that pop up around the room. At our gear levels you may not need to do this.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Ardrhyst » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:58 am

Punkss2 wrote:Is AQ 20 soloable? Ive been using my PVP prot spec in ZG and just destroying stuff, but as I never raided vanilla i don't know most of the strats for both AQ's. Are they brutable at this point? Thanks.

There are tricks, but all of it is soloable.

On Kurrinaxx, you have to keep backing up in a circle to avoid the sand piles that will silence you.
On Rajaxx, don't pull too many adds at once if you don't have the gear to take them all.
On Moam, don't fall asleep.
On Ossirian, see instructions for Moam.
On Ayamiss, clear all of the worms in the room before pulling him. Wear a spell power weapon and a spell power shield. If you have the Avenger's Shield glyph, even better. He will be in the air for the first 30%, so Exorcism and Avenger's Shield are your only attacks. He stacks a nature DoT on you that will eventually become dangerous. Once it stacks too high, run back to the stairs up to Ossirian's area to get out of range and reset the DoT. Periodically, he will summon large quantities of adds that will do almost zero damage but will give you nigh infinite mana through Blessing of Sanctuary. Holy Shield charges are enough to kill them, so use Holy Shield to kill enough of them that they don't wrap behind you, but leave six or seven so that you still get plenty of mana back. Lather, rinse, repeat until 70%, at which point he lands, and then be careful not to fall asleep.
On Buru, taking him head on will still kill you. The trick here is to kite him and kill the various eggs while he's standing on them. The longer he chases you, the faster he goes, but killing an egg resets his speed. You want to weaken the eggs as much as possible without killing them, and then break them while he runs over them. Space out the egg breaks as much as possible, because they have a decently long respawn, and if you break them too quickly you'll find yourself out of eggs and Buru will catch you and eat you. When the eggs break, an add spawns, but they do little damage and are mostly useful for keeping your mana up. At 20% or so, his shell will break, and then take him head on and be careful not to fall asleep.

Trashwise, just watch out for the large slimes. They will do an attack where they envelop you, stun you, and do 10% of your HP every second for 10 seconds. That kills you. You can bubble out of it, but they'll do it again, and then you're screwed. Oh, and I seem to recall they evade and heal to full while you're inside, since they have nothing on their aggro table while you're out of commission. You will only see those around Buru's area and Moam's area, and all of them can be avoided fairly easily.

If you want to see a video to get positioning ideas and see how some of the complicated stuff goes, you can check out the video I made awhile ago of soloing the place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhKuTXiFeo .

EDIT: I do Rajaxx the hard way in that video, with all of his adds at once. You can just engage them one at a time and it's much less difficult.
Biggest Game Hunter, as well as collector of pets and mounts. Currently hunting paladins' former glory.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Punkss2 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Last night I had decided to try and got 3 bosses down (didnt try the rest due to time).

On Kurrinaxx i figured out the run out of sand silence when i was almost dead lol.

On Rajaxx, I didnt even know that it was a boss fight until he came after me, I just tanked all the waves in the back of the room against a wall due to all the knock backs that most the mobs seem to do. I juggled seal of veng/corrup and seal of light after he thunderclapped or whatever.

On Ossirian, I didnt even know he was the last boss, but I just went to the back of the room, but my back against the wall and seal juggled again and that was that.

I still have to try the other ones yet, but will soon.

Now, how about AQ 40 lol?
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Those flesh hunter adds are only dangerous if you try to melee them - stay at range using exo and avengers and they wont hurt you at all.
Sarutankah

Postby Treck » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:43 am

lythac wrote:Ayamiss the Hunter - This boss has a air phase. He is killable and has been killed by paladin before, but takes upwards of an hour.

Its a long fight, but doesnt have to take an hour at all.
What i basicly do is that i keep all the small adds alive. For mana and health regen, BoSanc/SoL, then you do exorsism/avengers shield a few times, letting the dot reach somewhere around 30+, then you can start running away from him, at some point youll be out of range of him so the dot will reset, and you can run and do it again (and on the way you can hammer the mobs for HP from SoL)
I usually cast a few holy lights to stay close to him for another round of exo/avengers, you got lots of mana anyway.
Usually takes about 10minutes tops, before he lands. (wearing some dps gear esp some with critt, helps a lot to speed it up)
Treck

Postby Minara » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:33 am

Marwyn (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=38113) on heroic mode Oo

Well, your usual daily heroic group on hor... healer dies in some funny aoe on the second to last wave, DDs follow along the last one. Leaves me up to solo the guy, simple SoL + JoL one man army tank and spank :D

The England soccer team visited an orphanage in Cape Town today. "It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope" said Jamal aged 6.
Minara

Postby Treck » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:13 am

Minara wrote:Marwyn (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=38113) on heroic mode Oo

Well, your usual daily heroic group on hor... healer dies in some funny aoe on the second to last wave, DDs follow along the last one. Leaves me up to solo the guy, simple SoL + JoL one man army tank and spank :D

Been there done that :S
Treck

Postby Magnusharkov » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:03 pm

I was just wondering how people have found soloing ZA? I did the first 5 bosses today and it was kind of fun. Bear requires some careful use of cooldowns during the bleed phase (stoneform helps) eagle is pretty easy if you have minimal nature resist, dragonhawk is pretty trivial and so is lynx. I found hex lord to be surprisingly light on damage taken but surprisingly hard to kill due to not enough interrupts for his holy lights, if I did it again I'd probably wear more dps gear.

Zul'Jin seemed pretty easy until I got into the tornado phase in p3, this turns out to be no fun at all, has anyone got any tips for it? I just couldn't spend enough time in melee range to keep myself topped up and do damage and so I very slowly died. I didn't have PoJ which I'm sure would have helped tons here but is nature resist necessary? I swear I've heard of someone soloing him before.
Magnusharkov

Postby Ardrhyst » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:02 am

Magnusharkov wrote:I was just wondering how people have found soloing ZA? I did the first 5 bosses today and it was kind of fun. Bear requires some careful use of cooldowns during the bleed phase (stoneform helps) eagle is pretty easy if you have minimal nature resist, dragonhawk is pretty trivial and so is lynx. I found hex lord to be surprisingly light on damage taken but surprisingly hard to kill due to not enough interrupts for his holy lights, if I did it again I'd probably wear more dps gear.

Zul'Jin seemed pretty easy until I got into the tornado phase in p3, this turns out to be no fun at all, has anyone got any tips for it? I just couldn't spend enough time in melee range to keep myself topped up and do damage and so I very slowly died. I didn't have PoJ which I'm sure would have helped tons here but is nature resist necessary? I swear I've heard of someone soloing him before.

I did not use nature resistance for Zul'jin, but I did have Pursuit of Justice. The idea is basically to joust him with Seal of Corruption/Vengeance to keep the stacks up and keep your Divine Plea rolling. I sort of run a long circle as much as possible and then try to shave close to the center and either get a melee swing or a Judgement in. If you keep the DoT rolling, he will eventually fall. It just takes time. The tornadoes don't do a ton of damage, but they can wear you down. There are times when they'll knock you in a good direction and you can get some good whacks in on him, and with Judgement of Light up that can keep you topped off. If all else fails, bubble and heal, then get running again.

It's tedious, but quite doable.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:26 am

I know this is a month old ish, but since I doubt that would have changed with the patch:
When you're the only person in the instance the Tornadoes in phase 3 group up as one and you can just keep running in circles. If you figure 8 with Zul'jin at the center, you can run through Zul'jin and get a melee hit off to refresh Vengeance every time and never get hit by the Tornadoes forever.
Darielle

Postby Brutalicus » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:55 am

This thread is old, but I'm wondering what we can solo at 85. The two things I've done so far:

-ZA. The whole thing. Hit things, get paid. I made every timed chest easily with zero preparation or extra speccing/gearing/consumables.
-BT. The first boss is impossible. Will update once I find someone kind enough to help me kill him then let me solo for the rest of the lockout.

Things I'm wondering about:

-TK. Will Kael use his crazy MCs and shit if there's only one player in the instance? I'm betting on no.
-Hyjal. I forget this place for the most part. Will any of the bosses be soloabe? I'd love to round out (okay, so "round out" sounds like I have more than two pieces) my T6 set.
Brutalicus, Garona (Horde) Tankadin
Brutalicus

Postby Ardrhyst » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:16 am

Brutalicus wrote:This thread is old, but I'm wondering what we can solo at 85. The two things I've done so far:

-ZA. The whole thing. Hit things, get paid. I made every timed chest easily with zero preparation or extra speccing/gearing/consumables.
-BT. The first boss is impossible. Will update once I find someone kind enough to help me kill him then let me solo for the rest of the lockout.

Things I'm wondering about:

-TK. Will Kael use his crazy MCs and shit if there's only one player in the instance? I'm betting on no.
-Hyjal. I forget this place for the most part. Will any of the bosses be soloabe? I'd love to round out (okay, so "round out" sounds like I have more than two pieces) my T6 set.

Kael won't MC. There's a video out of a DK doing him solo on the PTR.
Ardrhyst
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats