Cataclysm Currency Changes

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm Currency Changes

Postby econ21 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 am

Mutley wrote:You'll get JP every time you would've received either a triumph or frost emblem on live.

Sure, but I was wondering how many you get? Current conversion rates imply about 5 JP where you would have got 2 emblems. But with current JP prices for T10, that means it will take it would take four times as many ICC boss kills to get T10 as before. I guess being able to use JP from heroic boss kills to get T10 will offset that to a greater or lesser extent.

But I suspect they will have to award more JP from ICC bosses than 5 man ones or it will be very odd. ICC will be empty for a month as raiders continually rampage through five mans.
econ21

Postby Mutley » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:05 am

I'm still getting triumphs on the ptr, so something isn't working yet.
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Mutley

Postby Kelaan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:40 am

I'm most curious what justice points can buy me at 85. Anything useful? Starter blues? I'm grasping at straws to find a reason not toturn them into money.
Kelaan

Postby Korola » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 am

Kelaan wrote:I'm most curious what justice points can buy me at 85. Anything useful? Starter blues? I'm grasping at straws to find a reason not toturn them into money.

Have a roll and contemplate -

Bashiok wrote:A couple common questions I've seen, and some answers.

Q: So wait, wait, wait... wait. What can I buy with these new Justice Point things?
Justice Points are the lower tier of the two PvE currencies. When this change hits they'll be used for pretty much everything. In Cataclysm terms you'll be able to buy level 85 heroic dungeon gear with them. Same item level as level 85 heroic boss drops. But Valor, the higher tier currency, will buy tier 11.

Q: So wait... can't I just keep them and then buy the best tier?
No, Justice will always buy the tier below the top tier at the time. So when new content comes out (4.1?) Valor will be used to buy the new tier (12?) and Justice will be used to buy the tier below, the 85 heroic items, and everything else.

Q: Ok, so like, can't I just be completely awesome now with all this moneys?
Yes this does mean tier 10 is easier to get right before the expansion comes out. Enjoy them, you'll be replacing them as you level. :) And you can certainly stockpile your 4000 points and use them to buy a heroic level item or two at level 85! WOOOO!
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Cronus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:16 am

Bashiok wrote:Yes this does mean tier 10 is easier to get right before the expansion comes out. Enjoy them, you'll be replacing them as you level. :)

Ok so how I interpret this is, EoT and EoF are being converted to the new Justice Points. So once that goes live, we farm Heroics for Justice Points and therefore can buy all our T10.

Cata goes live, we hit 85 and we still get Justice Points by doing Heroics and dailies...we can buy Blue heroic loot that drops from heroic boses only. kk...

Now, they release the first raid content, it drops Valor Points from bosses which we can use to buy High end loots/T11...kk

When new raid content comes out, Valor still is the same but will buy the newest high end loot/T12 and Justice will buy blue heroics/T11.

Is that pretty much it? Sounds cool to me! So, I think all my EoT and EoF will be converted to Conquest badges for the 5.5g per badge and make a couple thousand gold. No need to waste them on a few upgrades (T10) and have them replace the first week of cata. As for saving for blues at 85...Im a dam Pally tank and will insta cue my way to full heroic loot drops...not like im DPS waiting 15mins for a fricken dungeon cue.
Cronus

Postby Kelaan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:01 pm

It might depend on what sort of level 85 heroic dungeon drops are out there, though, and how they compare toquest/etc rewards. .... otoh, 3k seems like a lot of money to someone as broke as me.
Kelaan

Postby trellian » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:03 am

Not a bad idea. I wonder how they will handle T12 though. By the time that hits, plenty of guild will have a ton of Valor Points saved up. I can't imagine they want people to buy T12 gear a s soon as content is released. I guess they'll convert any remaining valor points into justice points at the release patch.

Sounds like a good idea overall though.
trellian

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:42 am

That's what they said woul happen when they announced the currency changes a few months back. Each tier will convert existing higher tier points into the lower tier version.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Previous

Return to Cataclysm