Forum Game: Love it/Hate it

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Forum Game: Love it/Hate it

Postby Dorvan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:57 pm

So I'm shamelessly stealing an amusing forum game I found somewhere else..though it wasn't about movies as this one will be. The game is simple. I'll start by posting a movie I love and saying a little about why I like it, then I'll state I movie I hate and say why.

Next, someone who loves the movie I hate posts why they love the movie, and then posts a movie that *they* hate and says why...and the chain continues from there. That said:

Movie I love

Memento:
I like movies that are a puzzle to solve, and that give the opportunity to notice things before they are spelled out if they're paying attention. Plus, the structure ensures that it's worth watching at least twice

Movie I hate

Fight Club:
I know there are plenty of people that love this movie, but I think the film thinks too highly of itself...and ultimately is just a bunch of pseudo-intellectual pop psychology masquerading as deep thought.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Re: Forum Game: Love it/Hate it

Postby Rhivath » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:45 am

Movie I love

Fight Club:
It has Edward Norton, who is one of my favorite actors, with a dark and brooding feel to it and a fun plot to go with an interesting twist near the end and a good bit of action and some good dark comedy tossed in. The film might think too highly of itself but that doesn't mean the viewer has to!

Movie I hate

Million Dollar Baby:
This is one of the best films for a lot of people, and excellent work from Clint Eastwood and Hilary Swank but the sucker gut punch just as you are rooting for the main character just completely depressed me for weeks after watching it, and while it was meant to be moving I didn't want to be moved in that direction.
Rhivath - Alliance Paladin of Silver Hand
And many many alts!
Rhivath

Postby mew » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:20 am

Movie I love
Mulan:
Great movie all around. My personal favorite Disney animated movie and movie soundtrack, it has the nostalgia factor, the main female protagonist is actually useful, it's at least somewhat multicultural, and just very entertaining. It's a Disney animated movie done well and with a good plot and primary characters.

Movie I hate
Big Fish:
I can't stand these kinds of drama movies that start at the end of a person's life and tells the life story through sappy flashbacks. If I somehow start watching one, about 30 minutes in to it the only reason I am still watching is for the purpose of finishing what I started. About 3/4 of the way through I give up, turn it off, and never care to know what happened at the end.
ImageImage
mew

Postby ulushnar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 am

mew wrote:Movie I love
Mulan:
Great movie all around. My personal favorite Disney animated movie and movie soundtrack, it has the nostalgia factor, the main female protagonist is actually useful, it's at least somewhat multicultural, and just very entertaining. It's a Disney animated movie done well and with a good plot and primary characters.

Movie I hate
Big Fish:
I can't stand these kinds of drama movies that start at the end of a person's life and tells the life story through sappy flashbacks. If I somehow start watching one, about 30 minutes in to it the only reason I am still watching is for the purpose of finishing what I started. About 3/4 of the way through I give up, turn it off, and never care to know what happened at the end.

You're supposed to say why you love the movie the last guy hated.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:52 am

Not sure which one to start with so i'll just go with the last post
Movie I Love
Big Fish:
I'm generally a fan of Ewan McGregor's movies as he's a good actor, it was interesting to see the story told, even if it was backwards.

Movie I Hate
Spider Man 3:
I was a fan of the first 2, but this one just ran WAAAY to long and seemed to have too many sub-plots going on at the same time and the movie couldn't decide which one to focus on. Plus the dopey montage where Peter Parker embraces the venom suit and is walking around town trying to be "bad-ass" just comes across horribly to me.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:11 am

Ugh... This is going to be hard:

Movie I love:
Spiderman 3...
Venom looked cool, Sandman was there, and a very sympathetic villian, Someone finally treated Toby Macguire (or however you spell his name) like a piece of trash.

Movie I hate:
Armageddon.
Completely unbelievable, but could have possibly been redeemable without Hurp Durp Willis, and Dum da dum dum afflek. Weak plot, marginally cool effects that ended up overblown, and a horridly cheasy and predictable sub plot between the two idiots.
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:04 am

Movie I love: Armageddon

FUCKING METEORS AND SHIT

Movie I hate: Inception
Seriously this shit was overrated and way overhyped for a maybe above average action flick with a gimmick that ignores a ton of cognitive psychology and common sense.

(there I made it easy for the next dude, go go)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:07 am

Fuck you. I hate Inception too.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Euphoria » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:11 am

Movie I love: Inception
It didn't live up to the hype of critics but it wasn't horrible. DeCaprio had one of his two best performances in Inception (next to the Departed).

Movie I hate: Manos, Hands of Fate
Worst.Movie.Ever. If there was an option between a shot to the nuts or watching Manos I'd take the shot to the nuts. It can't even be redeemed by the "so bad it's good" style of critique.

(And screw you all...I loved Big Fish, I've got family exactly like that old man. Makes me think of him each time I watch it)
Euphoria

Postby mew » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:09 am

ulushnar wrote:
mew wrote:Movie I love
Mulan:

Movie I hate
Big Fish:

You're supposed to say why you love the movie the last guy hated.

That makes more sense...
ImageImage
mew

Postby Mcduffie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:13 am

Euphoria wrote:Movie I hate: Manos, Hands of Fate

Thread ender. No one likes it. Even Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manos:_The_Hands_of_Fate
Mcduffie

Postby ulushnar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:20 am

Euphoria wrote:Movie I love: Inception
It didn't live up to the hype of critics but it wasn't horrible. DeCaprio had one of his two best performances in Inception (next to the Departed).

Movie I hate: Manos, Hands of Fate
Worst.Movie.Ever. If there was an option between a shot to the nuts or watching Manos I'd take the shot to the nuts. It can't even be redeemed by the "so bad it's good" style of critique.

Movie I Love: Manos, Hands Of Fate

because feck you, you're not supposed to put a thread-ender in here!

Movie I Hate: Batman - 1989

Feck Tim Burton, feck him right in his stupid ass! I was gonna put Nightmare before Christmas here, but then I realised that I hated this movie more. It started the trend of putting actors under 30 kilos of rubber to play Batman that has marred every movie about him since.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby anthony » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:09 pm

Movie I love:
Batman 1989
Although I wasn't even born at the time :3 I remember being introduced to it as a young kid, Iv'e loved Batman ever since.Oh and I'm quite a fan of Tim Burton.

Movie I hate:
Eragon. Seriously do I even need to say why it was bad? It was just terrible and didn't follow the book at all pretty much.
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby Thornir » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Movies I love: Eragon

Because movies are always better than books. Also, there be dragons.

Movies I hate: Sixteen Candles

Cheesy one-liners following a disconnected plot that involves two romances that would never happen in real life. Also, beecause it was my ex's favorite movie. :x
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Fuck you. I hate Inception too.

hahaha, we should have ended the thread right here!
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum