Remove Advertisements

Deep Fried Beer

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Deep Fried Beer

Postby Dianora » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Some chef in Texas spend 3 years to deep fried beer wrapped in pocket of salty, pretzel-like dough and then dunked in oil at 375 degrees for about 20 seconds. The beer retains its alcohol.

Next stop, someone need to have a deep fried bacon wrapped beer.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:09 pm

I thoght we couldn't get worse (or better) than deep fried ice cream
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Deep fried pizza?
Deep fried mars bars?

Me personally? I'm waiting for a deep fried Burbon & Coke.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Rhivath » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:48 am

A deep fried deep fat fryer filled with deep fried turducken with a deep fried stuffing of deep fried beer!

One can only dream...
Rhivath - Alliance Paladin of Silver Hand
And many many alts!
Rhivath
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:09 pm

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Lightbeard » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:52 am

Rhivath wrote:A deep fried deep fat fryer filled with deep fried turducken with a deep fried stuffing of deep fried beer!

One can only dream...


A deep fried deep fryer?

I like the way you think
Image
User avatar
Lightbeard
 
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:03 pm

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Fivelives » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:05 pm

I was randomly watching the travel channel, and there was a special on there about food. Apparently there's a restaurant (in NY if memory serves) that will deep fry literally anything. I forget the name of it though, and my google-fu is failing me.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Copy paste details for us at work who can't see the glorious goodies :( PLLLLLZZZZZ?
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
User avatar
Shyrtandros
 
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:54 am

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby ryan4nayr » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 am

Fivelives wrote:I was randomly watching the travel channel, and there was a special on there about food. Apparently there's a restaurant (in NY if memory serves) that will deep fry literally anything. I forget the name of it though, and my google-fu is failing me.

Chip Shop. Been there with some friends who go to NYU. Tasty as advertised. In the show, I think the owner said they won't fry anything that's too big for their fryers.

P.S.: Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern featured a Deep Fried Coke at a Texas State Fair. I wonder how feasible it is to add bourbon into the mix.
User avatar
ryan4nayr
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:56 am

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby aranil » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:27 pm

ryan4nayr wrote:
Fivelives wrote:I was randomly watching the travel channel, and there was a special on there about food. Apparently there's a restaurant (in NY if memory serves) that will deep fry literally anything. I forget the name of it though, and my google-fu is failing me.

Chip Shop. Been there with some friends who go to NYU. Tasty as advertised. In the show, I think the owner said they won't fry anything that's too big for their fryers.

P.S.: Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern featured a Deep Fried Coke at a Texas State Fair. I wonder how feasible it is to add bourbon into the mix.

They fry the syrup of the coke. ITs really good
User avatar
aranil
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: On the floor

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Sputterduck » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:38 pm

ryan4nayr wrote:
Fivelives wrote:I was randomly watching the travel channel, and there was a special on there about food. Apparently there's a restaurant (in NY if memory serves) that will deep fry literally anything. I forget the name of it though, and my google-fu is failing me.

Chip Shop. Been there with some friends who go to NYU. Tasty as advertised. In the show, I think the owner said they won't fry anything that's too big for their fryers.

They also won't fry anything too small, small candies like M&Ms or Skittles just simply dissolve away in the oil
"experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
User avatar
Sputterduck
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: California

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Deliriously » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:50 pm

My roommates and I decided that deep frying a white castle burger would be a good idea...it is a lot better in theory than practice.
Deliriously
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:50 am

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Sputterduck » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:53 am

Deliriously wrote:My roommates and I decided that deep frying a white castle burger would be a good idea...it is a lot better in theory than practice.

oh God, isn't that like trying to deep-fry a lump of butter??
"experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
User avatar
Sputterduck
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: California

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Deliriously » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:31 pm

yes..but worse
Deliriously
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:50 am

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby ryan4nayr » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Deliriously wrote:My roommates and I decided that deep frying a white castle burger would be a good idea...it is a lot better in theory than practice.

Sounds like a Monte Cristo sandwich would be a better idea.

Image

Some Irish pubs I've been to (note: not in Ireland) serve a side of jelly (often raspberry), but I personally laid off that.
User avatar
ryan4nayr
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:56 am

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby Rachmaninoff » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:04 pm

as long as its edible and friable we gone make it delishadable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkMUU9tUqk
User avatar
Rachmaninoff
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Connecticut


Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest