Cataclysm Currency Changes

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm Currency Changes

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:36 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I'm not sure what they intend to be purchasable for Justice Points in 4.0 Cata - Presumably the actual raid gear will be on the second rank of points, as "current content" will be with each patch.

Nah, I bet they'll have two ranks of gear immediately available. The Ilvls will be like, Rank 1 - Heroics, Rank 2- First Tier Raids.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Kelaan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:38 pm

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/197 ... Calculator

Calculator for your convenience.
Thanks for the awesome link of costs for frost items, though!
Kelaan

Postby Ryyu » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Im guessing the soft JP cap will be enough for like, lvl 85 t11 sholders or something, one major items/couple of trinkets or librams. Doubt they will let you farm a full set at 80.

Or, what's most likely is they will simply be for blue Normal mode Equivalent gear.
Ryyu

Postby Senador » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:25 am

So, I see the calculator, and I saw the post, but a quick question for clarification, as I didn't see it on the calculator: What happens to the Wintergrasp Commendations (Those BoA Honor tokens you buy with Stonekeeper Shards or WG Marks of Honor)? Will they be converted to provide the new honor points, or will you need to "Use or Lose" them before the conversion?
Senador

Postby Korola » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:07 am

Senador wrote:So, I see the calculator, and I saw the post, but a quick question for clarification, as I didn't see it on the calculator: What happens to the Wintergrasp Commendations (Those BoA Honor tokens you buy with Stonekeeper Shards or WG Marks of Honor)? Will they be converted to provide the new honor points, or will you need to "Use or Lose" them before the conversion?

Your New Honor Points total will be the sum of the following amounts:

* Old Honor * 0.024
* Old Arena Points * 0.85
* Battleground Mark of Honor * 2.976
* Wintergrasp Mark of Honor * 19.08
* Stone Keeper Shard * 1.6
* Venture Coin * 3
* Spirit Shard * 1

I would use them. They might get converted, dunno though - they aren't mentioned.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:09 am

I am assuming the Commendations stay, as there is no mention of conversion, but they generate new honour at the old rate (2000*0.024=48). I only have a significant stock of Stonekeeper Shards, but I reckon what I will do is convert them to Commendations now and use the resulting honour to buy epic gems for sale now, before old honour is devalued, I mean converted. Right now I feel like I am living in 1923 Germany.
econ21

Postby Chicken » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:11 am

Senador is talking about these Wintergrasp Commendations Korola, not the Wintergrasp Marks of Honor you get for winning/losing a WG match. At any rate, on both the current PTR and the beta they still have their current effect. So it's currently unclear how (or if) they'll get converted to the new system.
Chicken

Postby Korola » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:33 am

Could be a few things that happen -

1. Don't use it, it stays in your bag and at 4.0 becomes clickable for 48 honor (2000*0.024)
2. Use it, it becomes 2000 honor in your currency tab, then gets converted to 48 honor on patch 4.0
3. They eliminate it from the game and you lose whatever value it has.

I would bet on # 1 & 2, but wouldn't completely rule out # 3 (unlikely but I think this was the reason for your concern)

And yes Chicken, I saw what he was referring to, only posted the exchange tab for easy reference that it wasn't in the table. Sorry for the confusion.
Korola
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:49 am

It seems like my choice is to generate ~1500g now or have 1/4th of a piece of early gear free when I hit 85.

Keeping it for gear sounds like a good choice since there are lots of enjoyable ways to make money, but I hate running instances over and over for badges. On the other hand, if that's just one or two days of a daily instance, 1500g might be the better value.

I have maybe 450 frost+triumph.
Digren

Postby Aanar » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:43 am

Yeah, I'm a bit torn on what to do. I have about 250 Frost and 400 Triumph sitting on my five 80s. I'm leaning toward cashing out the Frost and selling the primordial saronite for about 4k, but I already have 98k which seems like plenty to be going into Caty with. I think it might be hard to sell the primordial at this point and the price could easily crash from the current 400 each to 200. I could just save them for justice points, but it seems like it will be faster to earn them later.

I'm tempted to just blow all my badges (frost included) on boa gear and send it to a new server for the $25 bucks just to have a new place to mess around with alts when I get the itch since my main server is full with 9 of 10 slots used up.
Aanar

Postby Belloc » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Mutley wrote:You can earn JP a lot faster then frost badges though. That's why everything costs "more" after the conversion.

Only gems get more expensive as you can already buy them for triumphs.

I think the fact that triumph emblems convert to JP has something to do with the cost, as well.
Belloc

Postby rodos » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:59 pm

The strategy that I'm effecting is:

* Convert all SKS into Honor and buy PvP mounts for my collection. (Done. Had enough for 2 mounts)
* Convert leftover SKS into Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon for the dwarf hunter alt I made to check out my new server before transferring (Done)
* Convert EoT into other heirlooms that might be handy for other alts (intend to level a worgen druid, probably an new DK for the new server, maybe a dwarf shaman)
* Convert any remaining EoT into cash via gems (or downgrade - depends on gem prices).
* EoF? Not sure. I don't have that many, and there's gear upgrades I could buy, but is it worth it before Cata hits? I'm not raiding regularly, so it would just be for lulz really. Cashing them all out as saronites would net about 3k gold right now.
rodos

Postby Mutley » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Belloc wrote:I think the fact that triumph emblems convert to JP has something to do with the cost, as well.

That's what I was saying. It still doesn't explain why gems get more expensive though.
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Mutley

Postby econ21 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:19 am

Am I right in thinking this system has already been implemented on the PTR? If so, can anyone tell me anything about how you earn justice points? What are the rewards for a daily heroic? For the weekly raid quest? For killing a raid boss that would normally drop EoF? And a heroic boss that would normally drop EoT?

It seems from the EoF to JP conversion, we are losing 75% of their value (if the reported JP prices for T10 are right). Maybe we will earn more JP to compensate? (I doubt it, but still curious about how many we can earn before Cata comes out).
econ21

Postby Mutley » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:25 am

You'll get JP every time you would've received either a triumph or frost emblem on live.

At least that would make sense, haven't actually tested it yet.
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Mutley

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm