HoMMMMO

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

HoMMMMO

Postby Eaglestrike » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:40 pm

I don't see a thread about this one, which seems odd. Heroes of Might and Magic is now in MMO form. I've been playing over the last week or so and it's pretty fun/interesting. All your moves are based on time instead of on turns, but it's got the HoMM feel to it and now you can have alliances and such too! It's free-to-play with some bonus' from subscribing, but it's not too harsh, you won't be completely gimped by not paying.

You get a slight bonus from referring friends and such, so I'll post my link here. You also can invite friends and they'll start next to your kingdom, allowing you to help each other defend! The world this guy is on is brand new, only a couple days old, so you're not too far behind and can catch up! And my alliance currently has a learning stone in it for 10% higher exp gain for the whole group as well. Join the world and I can get you an invite to my alliance!

http://mm-hk.com/referral/e79979b534a49 ... cd39097fd3
Last edited by Eaglestrike on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglestrike

Re: HoMM: The MMO

Postby Aubade » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:15 pm

I just joined. Name is Zackamabufoo
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby faithlessnub » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:24 pm

hahaha, just finished playing a rather long map for HoMM3: Wake of the Gods Expansion when i saw this post ^_^

Just wondering how can you translate a turn based strategy into an mmo?
With great power comes great current squared times resistance
faithlessnub

Postby Eaglestrike » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:41 pm

faithlessnub wrote:hahaha, just finished playing a rather long map for HoMM3: Wake of the Gods Expansion when i saw this post ^_^

Just wondering how can you translate a turn based strategy into an mmo?

It's actually done fairly well. Instead of using movement points to move to a mine, fight a battle and move back to your base it takes you a set amount of time. And they use a round-based combat system. So say you're fighting 16 zombies and 2 ghosts you go in with 12 archers and set them up in the first slot against the zombies. archers vs zombies happens, winning stack moves on to start the next round, albeit slightly weakened and go against the next in the stack. As the attacker you get to choose which stack fights which stack and use the weapon bonuses (infantry > cavalry > archers > infantry). That's just a brief explanation, there's a bit more involved, at least when it comes to maximizing things like EXP gain, Honor gain and lowering troop loss.
Eaglestrike

Postby faithlessnub » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Eaglestrike wrote:It's actually done fairly well. Instead of using movement points to move to a mine, fight a battle and move back to your base it takes you a set amount of time. And they use a round-based combat system. So say you're fighting 16 zombies and 2 ghosts you go in with 12 archers and set them up in the first slot against the zombies. archers vs zombies happens, winning stack moves on to start the next round, albeit slightly weakened and go against the next in the stack. As the attacker you get to choose which stack fights which stack and use the weapon bonuses (infantry > cavalry > archers > infantry). That's just a brief explanation, there's a bit more involved, at least when it comes to maximizing things like EXP gain, Honor gain and lowering troop loss.

seems simple enough for a basic introduction, wish i had some more time to spend outside of school, quarter starts in a week(Go Buckeyes :D )and might actually have to study for once, quantum mechanics ftl/ftw depending on how you look at it
faithlessnub

Re: HoMMMMO

Postby Chicken » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:16 am

I put a much better thread title on top of this reply.
Chicken

Postby Passionario » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:27 pm

If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby faithlessnub » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:02 pm

*sigh* SCHOOL NEEDS TO START NOW!!, so i signed up anyways >.>

DeathsGrip on Reign of the Reaper, guess that is the name of the server

Combat seems simple enough once I was able to see how it played out,

thanks for the referrer bonus, hope this game is as good as the Heros of might and magic games before it
faithlessnub

Return to Arkham Asylum