Remove Advertisements

Build 12924 (9/9/10)

SPOILERS Discussion about the Cataclysm Beta SPOILERS

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Build 12924 (9/9/10)

Postby Huon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:03 am

You can open with hammer/CS and then immediatly use Shield of the R. and gain your % block. thats 1-2 GCDs into a fight. you don't need all 3 stacks to get the full benefit.
Huon

Postby Chicken » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:04 am

Marblehead wrote:
Marblehead wrote:Holy Power mechanics update:

- Holy Power dissipates over time by a rate of 1 Holy Power lost per 10 seconds.
- Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous and Holy Shock misses/dodges/parries award 1 Holy Power, as if they landed.
- If an ability that consumes Holy Power is a miss/dodge/parry, it consumes all Holy Power charges.

Correction:

- Shield of the Righteous consumes all the Holy Power when it's a miss/dodge/parry.
- Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm consume only 1 Holy Power when they're a miss/dodge/parry.
Makes me wonder about two things:

- Does Holy Shield still refresh/proc if Shield of the Righteous misses?
- If it does, does SotR consume 3 Holy Power on a miss if you don't have HS?
Chicken

Postby Feanorion » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:33 am

Huon wrote:You can open with hammer/CS and then immediatly use Shield of the R. and gain your % block. thats 1-2 GCDs into a fight. you don't need all 3 stacks to get the full benefit.

Link? Last I saw, the amount of block was reliant upon how much Holy Rouge Combo Points one had. If just 1 HRCP is enough to allow blocking and full power SotR, then that would be better--- but if it is just Block that only needs 1 HRCP, we are still threat-gimped. In any case, we are still locked into a rigid rotation of 3 CS with other attacks interspersed and a shield slam to follow it up and re-start the cycle. How is that more interactive or engaging than the current 96969?
Feanorion

Postby Huon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:44 am

Well I tried it in the Beta before I replied so, I think that's pretty accurate.

went to dummy, CSx1 and then pop shield slap and you get 15%.

Read the Holy shield talent tooltip. "when you use Shield or Inq, you gain 15% block chance for 20 sec".
Huon

Postby PsiVen » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:05 am

Almost forgot--- Avenger's Shield is, and should remain, our pull, not a part of a proccy-rotation. Use it in a rotation, and we have to sit and wait for the cd to expire before pulling the next pack. The "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO WTF TANK!!! GO!!!" crowd will just love that, on top of having to wait ~14 seconds to open up with dps while we laboriously build Holy Rogue Combo points.

Avenger's Shield hits quite hard and as you said, is our standard pull. Which negates any concern about the potential threat problems we have from having to wait to cast ShoR. 15 seconds is also a remarkably short cooldown and it's extremely easy to A) do without if you want to pull faster B) hold until the next pack if it's within 15 seconds C) punch the "GOGOGO" wankers in the throat. Chicken Little called, and he wants the rest of your post back.

Numbers have not yet been tuned. I'm pulling ~7k DPS in instances, warrior tanks are pulling ~9k. I've yet to group with a DPS that did more than 7.5k.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Modal » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:12 am

Hey guys...pssst...just let them have their QQ. I think it will be nice for warriors to be the flavor of the xpac tank again. They've been crying hard since halfway through TBC. I miss warrior tanks.
Modal

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:22 am

Fean, I know you well from the boards. Sometimes, I agree with you. Sometimes, it scares me when you actually get vindicated by some of the stuff that blizz comes up with -- but dude, you have such a thin skin.

I've also been lumped at times with the sky is falling group, when that happens I just take a step back, a deep breathe, have a laugh and then actually try to provide something positive into the current discussion.

And actually lashing against the mods here will have little or no effect on blizz developers, since it's not like the likes of Psiven, Sabin and the others are working for blizzard. If you need to lash out at someone, do it on the actual official forums, with the caveat that it will prolly land you a suspension (yet again).

You should be able to get the good parts from this forum and translate it onto the official ones. Some of the best theorycrafting comes from this website -- use it to your advantage when you make your arguments there.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Arianne » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:52 am

Fean's here because he got perma-banned on the official forums. Fean, I also like you, but I agree with the others - moderate your tone. You have some good things to say and you have some good ideas, but if it's all whiny then people won't listen to you. I get a lot like you sometimes and when I do, I just stop posting for awhile until I can regain somewhat of a sense of humor about everything.
Arianne

Postby PsiVen » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Fean, you are not derailing this thread. Suffice it to say that some of your points are informative, but most of your tone is inappropriate. These are not the official forums.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Feanorion » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:21 pm

Klaudandus wrote:1) Fean, I know you well from the boards. Sometimes, I agree with you. Sometimes, it scares me when you actually get vindicated by some of the stuff that blizz comes up with --

2) ---but dude, you have such a thin skin.

3) And actually lashing against the mods here will have little or no effect on blizz developers, since it's not like the likes of Psiven, Sabin and the others are working for blizzard. If you need to lash out at someone, do it on the actual official forums, with the caveat that it will prolly land you a suspension (yet again).

4) You should be able to get the good parts from this forum and translate it onto the official ones. Some of the best theorycrafting comes from this website -- use it to your advantage when you make your arguments there.

1) It scares me too. Group hug?

2) I DO NOT!!! STFU AND DIAF!!! I AM PERFECTLY REASONA-----

uhhhmmm---

let's pass on this one, shall we? :lol:

3) PsiVen lashed out at me, not me at him. He insulted me, edited/deleted my non-offensive reply to him, then insulted me again. One of us needs an attitude adjustment, and I am as surprised as anyone that it isn't me.

4) Sadly, I can no longer make my arguments there.

Or--- can I? :evil:
Feanorion

Postby Feanorion » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:26 pm

PsiVen wrote:Fean, you are not derailing this thread. Suffice it to say that some of your points are informative, but most of your tone is inappropriate. These are not the official forums.

This is twice you have deleted one of my posts, and both times for zero cause. I posted 12 of my posts, posts that you called "childish garbage". Not one of them was. Your tone needs changing, not mine. You and I had bad history at the boards; your status as an admin should not give you free license to harass, insult, and belittle me, threaten me with a ban for asking if I was allowed to respond in kind, and edit/delete every post you see fit.

You say this isn't the official forums? Good! Then stop carrying over your personal enmity from the boards to here. You started the mud-slinging and insults because you didn't like one of my posts. I have still not responded with insults or anything that is in any way outside the limits of the ToS.
Feanorion

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Yeah, this crap stops now.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Cataclysm